Health and Fitness

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Running a 28 minute 5k at 248 lb is fantastic, was my point. Imagine what you could do at 220?

I thought I hated running until I started doing it.

MWB

Health and Fitness

Postby MWB » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Anyone have any experience with knee troubles? Any running causes pain the night and morning after. I think it is probably arthritis. I’ve started doing more leg workouts at the gym (leg lifts and presses) in addition to normal workouts in hopes of building up leg muscles in general. Something else I can do?

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 pm

A few days into taking a daily probiotics pill. I recommend for those with chronic intestinal difficulties.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Knee to the stomach?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:21 pm

A few days into taking a daily probiotics pill. I recommend for those with chronic intestinal difficulties.
I’ve never been able to find a happy medium here. I’ve tried different strengths and different dose periods. They either have no effect or I am backed up like...well...something that is really backed up

AuthorTony

Health and Fitness

Postby AuthorTony » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:44 pm

I’ve never been able to find a happy medium here. I’ve tried different strengths and different dose periods. They either have no effect or I am backed up like...well...something that is really backed up
Like @Dickie Dunn 's sewage line?

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:47 pm

No worries here; YMMV. ;)

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:52 pm

Finally got the iFit setup on my treadmill. Spent the extra $35 for a Chromecast so I could send the mapped images over to my gameroom TV.

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:13 pm

Simply through dietary changes, I’ve now gone from 210 to 190 since late September. That’s pretty cool.

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:59 pm

Simply through dietary changes, I’ve now gone from 210 to 190 since late September. That’s pretty cool.
I thInk this is a more resilient way as well. Once i cut out crap for a couple years, I haven't been able to gain wait since, no matter how bad I eat. Shortly before this, I went from 185 to 217 without even noticing.

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:19 am

I thInk this is a more resilient way as well. Once i cut out crap for a couple years, I haven't been able to gain wait since, no matter how bad I eat. Shortly before this, I went from 185 to 217 without even noticing.
Friday meals were:

B: nut bar and coffee
L: roast beef, mashed potatoes, okra/tomato stew, broccoli
D: pita with hummus and arugula

I never over eat and really focus on a balance of protein and vegetables (and round it out with fruit, yogurt and a reasonable level of carbs)

This is something I can stick with, in addition to avoiding any/all processed foods with sugar.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:33 am

I've found with CICO that you sort of naturally fall into eating more vegetables and less sugars/starches. I want to get as much food into me with minimal calories, and vegetables do that. The other night I had a full head of roasted broccoli, a package of baby bella mushrooms that I sauteed up, some ham, an egg with 3 egg whites... topped it all with some salsa verde and some el yucateca, and bam. Dinner. It was under 500 calories (including the butter and oil used) and it was an absolutely massive plate of food. Tasted damn good too.

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:41 am

I’ve also cut out the “second plate” at lunch, which was trying to get my money’s worth at lunch at the cafeteria. I said to myself, “Don’t be a dummy...it’s only costing you $4.75.” One plate + a to go coffee probably has a real world value of $12 a meal.

count2infinity

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:48 am

I'm lucky enough to do lunch at home most days. I keep my refrigerator well stocked with lunch meat... typically ham or turkey. Throw together a sandwich quick with some hummus and pretzels, drink a seltzer, all while watching TV, then head back to work. My dogs like it too. They get a mid day pee break.

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:56 pm

I just checked tomorrow's cafeteria menu:
Seared duck Marsala with creamy wild mushroom ragout
That's going to make the one plate thing hard to stick to. :)

count2infinity

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:29 pm

It was company lunch today... managed to get out of there with only 750 calories into the piehole. It was tough though.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Shortly before this, I went from 185 to 217 without even noticing.
Yeah, I don't want to talk about that.

Between vendors bringing in breakfast every morning, not being able to run until recently, and really blowing off the diet since December, I put on all the weight that I lost when I first had my bronchitis plus an additional 5 lbs. With that treadmill now in my game room, I don't have any legit reason to blow off getting a few miles in.

count2infinity

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:31 am

RIP one of my favorite work shirts...

It looked like I was swimming in it this morning when I put it on. It was a favorite because I liked the color and it fit comfortably... not any more. I hung it back up and threw it into the back of my closet. I just bought new jeans a month or so ago. They're starting to get a little loose too. Hopefully warm weather gets here quickly as I have a ton of polos that were tight on me last summer that can hold me over until I get to my end weight and buy new clothes.

Started this thing Sept 21st. It's 134 days later, and I'm down 44 pounds so far.

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:34 am

:thumb:

I got to wear one of my “skinny” shirts to work yesterday and it felt (psychologically) good. And fit well.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:24 am

Buying new clothes is one of the most satisfying things about losing weight. It's expensive especially as I went through several sizes on the way to where I am now. I went from a size 50 waist to a size 32/34 waist depending on the fit of pants and from a 4XL to a M/L depending on the fit of the shirt(sometimes XL if it's athletic fit and its going to shrink anyways)I've got the 10lbs or so I put on from Thanksigving to New Years almost all knocked back off after getting back to tracking and getting back in a normal gym routine. I've found working out at home for me every now and again is fine, but for some reason I work out much harder when I'm at the gym. Maybe it's a mental thing who knows.

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:36 pm

First time I’ve had swollen glands since August, when I got over my 10 month bout with mono. If that comes back, I might just walk into traffic...

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 pm

I think I need to see a shrink. Feels weird to say that given how things are going; but I'm finding myself putting up obstacles that I'm not over coming. There has to be some reason for that.
I see myself actively getting in my own way and I'm doing nothing at all to stop myself.
I'm generally 'happy' and don't feel like I'm going to hurt myself in a tangible way or anything like that. I'm just shitty at everything right now. Constantly obstructing my own progress in all facets of life. I wonder if I can solve that with professional help or if it's just something people have to work out on their own. Maybe if I get more than 5 hours of sleep a night I can yank myself out of it.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:45 am

I went through a similar phase not long ago. I was just ******* up everything...relationships, work, sports even a little bit...I started to sweat more, I guess from anxiety, something I historically never have had...I am largely over it now, but I feel like I still am left with a little left over anxiety sometimes where I wouldn't normally have it but my life is generally awesome. So I don't know...I don't feel like I have anything to talk about it, so I'll assume that drugs are the answer. Yeah, drugs...

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:47 am

I hear Zoloft is fine.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 am

I think part of it or even most of it for me is just over thinking stuff...that's why I am addicted to distraction, particularly around sleep time...if I sit there in silence, I will start thinking about stuff...not bad stuff, just stuff I need to do, want to do, etc. and then my heart starts going and then I am even more awake, so then I consider doing some of the stuff since I am awake already...then debate whether that's a good idea or not haha...

I do dislike that I get a little sweatier than I used to. I asked my PCP about it and he suggested that "sweat patterns" can change over time...I disliked this answer, but didn't follow up. It's not to the point where it is usually noticeable and it's trending slightly down anyway...but I don't like it any way...I really have to assume it's mental but I can't tie it to anything legitimately...

Like I felt like I was getting a touch anxious in the middle of hockey practice tonight...there is no where I am more confident or comfortable than on a hockey rink...so it's just weird and I can't explain it. I think if I can legitimately dull it for a good two weeks, I will forget that it ever existed and everything will be fine...but weed isn't an option here, though it's the easiest thing to acquire...