Health and Fitness

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:23 pm

I wonder if the semiconductor chip shortage is going to affect our Peloton orders.

FistOfCaufield

Health and Fitness

Postby FistOfCaufield » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:08 pm

I wonder if the semiconductor chip shortage is going to affect our Peloton orders.
I contacted chat and asked for an earlier delivery date... was denied.

Following new purchase people on Reddit - it seems like a lot of orders that were pushed back and being filled, and some people are seeing early deliveries... I think its mostly location based (larger cities).

I figure I'd try in another 4 or 5 days to ask for an earlier delivery.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Interesting.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:05 pm

Good looking out by FistOfCaufield, got my delivery moved up from April 2nd to next Thursday. Thanks! :fist:

I haven't bought my shoes yet. :lol:

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:16 pm

How many push ups could you do? If you were given, say, $5 a push up, how many could you bang out?

eddy

Health and Fitness

Postby eddy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:21 pm

40 (thanks to taekwondo)

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Gotta figure out what to spend my crisp new $5 bill on.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Oh they won’t be crisp. They’ll be wet from the washing machine, actually.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:34 pm

When I was a Marine I could run a marathon no problem, but upper body was so weak. Most pull-ups I could ever do was 7, which is great shame when you are expected to do 20.

Weak upper body, heavy frame, and long arms was a bad combination.

The Army has a new push up which is kind of a mess. You come down on your chest and then lift your hands up each rep. No idea what they're doing with that, it's a scored event.

MR25

Health and Fitness

Postby MR25 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 pm

Probably max out somewhere between 30 or 40.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:06 pm

Oh they won’t be crisp. They’ll be wet from the washing machine, actually.
:lol: I don't know why I laughed out loud at this, but I most certainly did...

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:06 pm

I'll try to do this tomorrow and post an actual result or two...

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:13 am

When I was a Marine I could run a marathon no problem, but upper body was so weak. Most pull-ups I could ever do was 7, which is great shame when you are expected to do 20.

Weak upper body, heavy frame, and long arms was a bad combination.

The Army has a new push up which is kind of a mess. You come down on your chest and then lift your hands up each rep. No idea what they're doing with that, it's a scored event.
For me it was always pull ups. My Achilles heel.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:32 am

anybody ever have arthroscopic shoulder surgery for a labrum tear? So my doc's visit for a 2nd PRP injection didn't go as planned and they recommended surgery.

https://www.gomberamd.com/blog/what-to- ... 12908.html

After reading this, it doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would be. I expected it to say that I would be off work for the longer part of a month, but that article says it's only a week and going back to heavy lifting after 3-4 months.

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am

anybody ever have arthroscopic shoulder surgery for a labrum tear? So my doc's visit for a 2nd PRP injection didn't go as planned and they recommended surgery.

https://www.gomberamd.com/blog/what-to- ... 12908.html

After reading this, it doesn't sound as bad as I thought it would be. I expected it to say that I would be off work for the longer part of a month, but that article says it's only a week and going back to heavy lifting after 3-4 months.
I had that procedure back in 2003/2004.

What level tear do you have? If it's minor, and you're 26 like I was, you'll be doing power hour and golfing within a few days.

If your labrum is hanging by a thread (or no thread and your bicep is folded up in your arm like a cummerbund in a Bugs Bunny cartoon), you can be in a hard sling for a couple months and out of commission for up to 6 months.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:51 pm

It's a partial tear along with some form of tendonitis(?) around the bottom of the cuff. I just remember there was an -itis word that was used and said it was from wear and tear and being old.

From what the doc says, I actually still have "lots of strength" in the shoulder but there is a lack of mobility once I start moving my shoulder beyond parallel in a backwards direction. I can still move it in that direction, but there's some pain involved. On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably say it's closer to a 4.

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:11 pm

It's a partial tear along with some form of tendonitis(?) around the bottom of the cuff. I just remember there was an -itis word that was used and said it was from wear and tear and being old.

From what the doc says, I actually still have "lots of strength" in the shoulder but there is a lack of mobility once I start moving my shoulder beyond parallel in a backwards direction. I can still move it in that direction, but there's some pain involved. On a scale of 1-10, I'd probably say it's closer to a 4.
Almost exactly what I had to a tee. They gave me some Motrin horse pills for the inflammation/tendonitis, then Vicodin after the surgery. Only took 1-2 days worth of Vicodin, and that was more for the strange muscle twitches I was having after.

Range of motion will definitely be the biggest side effect. After the surgery I had a hard time throwing a baseball, football and anything overhead but had no issues golfing. I kind of put off the PT as I was young and stupid, so stick to that as much as you can. Basically, you'll still have similar issues with your range of motion as you do now, it'll just be pain-free. PT should help loosen up some of that.

Did they take pictures inside your shoulder? They did a pre-surgery inspection with a scope and took pics of the area. Still have them somewhere.

nocera

Health and Fitness

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:13 pm

it's funny because it's true.....
I am currently in stage 4. My fiance is firmly in stage 5.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm

I am currently in stage 4. My fiance is firmly in stage 5.
I'm at like, 4.25. I'm still too cheap to buy an actual Peloton but I did upgrade my bike to a Schwinn IC4 and have been looking at disco lights on amazon for my workout room. :pop:

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 pm

I'm am so excited for my Bike+ to be here on Thursday. Hoping it's installed by 11:30am so I can do my first ride live.

I've been trying to work through the Peloton to Garmin sync'ing issue. They don't talk to each other. I had to buy an app that does the conversion but it seems pretty straightforward, just give the app your Garmin/Peloton/Strava login credentials and it will transfer everything over with full metrics, it says. *crosses fingers*

Oh, do all that stuff twice because my wife has her own Garmin.

nocera

Health and Fitness

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm

I haven't done a live ride yet. I'm sure I will eventually I just don't see the need at the moment. One piece of advice: if you're going to use the Pelaton heart rate monitor, buy one for each of you. We were sharing a monitor at first and it was pretty gross.

Troy Loney

Health and Fitness

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:44 pm

what is the real perk of Peloton?

My exercise broke busted a couple of weeks ago. I am going to try and start running again before doing anything, like throw a few thousand towards a new one, but have trouble understanding the draw of the Peloton that would make you pay that much more than another spin bike.

nocera

Health and Fitness

Postby nocera » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:49 pm

My exercise broke busted a couple of weeks ago. I am going to try and start running again before doing anything, like throw a few thousand towards a new one, but have trouble understanding the draw of the Peloton that would make you pay that much more than another spin bike.
I've never owned another spin bike so I can only speak to the bike on its own rather than compared to others. The classes are great. The instructors are personable, each with their own personality and difficulty level. For example, I know that I will go with Cody for a more relaxing workout whereas if I want to get my ass kicked I'll go with Ally Love. There is a huge variety of workouts and more are added each day. I feel like I get my moneys worth for the subscription. Having the metrics on screen help me know where I should be for pacing and resistance. (I assume that's a feature of all spin bikes). Everything feels high quality from the classes, the accessories, the screen, to the build of the bike itself. It **** better for the price.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:51 pm

I haven't done a live ride yet. I'm sure I will eventually I just don't see the need at the moment. One piece of advice: if you're going to use the Pelaton heart rate monitor, buy one for each of you. We were sharing a monitor at first and it was pretty gross.
Our Garmin watches do work as heart rate monitors for the Peloton, go figure. It's the only metric that works directly with the bike.

Troy Loney

Health and Fitness

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:55 pm

I've never owned another spin bike so I can only speak to the bike on its own rather than compared to others. The classes are great. The instructors are personable, each with their own personality and difficulty level. For example, I know that I will go with Cody for a more relaxing workout whereas if I want to get my ass kicked I'll go with Ally Love. There is a huge variety of workouts and more are added each day. I feel like I get my moneys worth for the subscription. Having the metrics on screen help me know where I should be for pacing and resistance. (I assume that's a feature of all spin bikes). Everything feels high quality from the classes, the accessories, the screen, to the build of the bike itself. It **** better for the price.
What does the "should be" mean there?

In terms of keeping in line with the class, or based on your goals? If it's acting like a trainer and telling you that you are behind or failing, that would be something.