Health and Fitness

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:03 am

How’s it going skullman? Still killing it? Is it getting easier? Harder? Same?

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:09 am

Things are good. As I posted a few days ago I'm at my lowest weight since high school probably. I have no problem maintaining. Everything is a habit now. I have a routine and I stick to it on a daily basis. I still eat what I want pretty much, but track my calories. I went to Emporio last night before Phantom of the Opera and ate all the foods. It was a one off night, won't derail me and I know the 2lbs i saw on the scale this morning is just water weight that will drop off in a few days. Looking at the myfitnesspal app on my phone I've been doing this for 1245 days in a row.

My health markers are all great. My BP/Choloesterol etc are all right where they need to be. I feel great. I think I look pretty good too even after now having lost 208lbs overall the loose skin is not bad. Starting to lift early on while doing cardio has helped with not making me look "skinny fat" per say. I have a pretty visible 6 pack now.

It was never easy per se.. I worked my ass off and still do. I'm up at 5:15 every morning working out. I put in the work, but I enjoy my routine. I couldn't imagine going back to how I was before. You just have to be in the right mindset to want to do this. I do wish though that I had this mindset at 25 and didn't wait till I was in my 30's to realize how bad things were. Can't do anything about that now though can only move forward and keep doing what I am doing.

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:33 am

Things are good. As I posted a few days ago I'm at my lowest weight since high school probably. I have no problem maintaining. Everything is a habit now. I have a routine and I stick to it on a daily basis. I still eat what I want pretty much, but track my calories. I went to Emporio last night before Phantom of the Opera and ate all the foods. It was a one off night, won't derail me and I know the 2lbs i saw on the scale this morning is just water weight that will drop off in a few days. Looking at the myfitnesspal app on my phone I've been doing this for 1245 days in a row.

My health markers are all great. My BP/Choloesterol etc are all right where they need to be. I feel great. I think I look pretty good too even after now having lost 208lbs overall the loose skin is not bad. Starting to lift early on while doing cardio has helped with not making me look "skinny fat" per say. I have a pretty visible 6 pack now.

It was never easy per se.. I worked my ass off and still do. I'm up at 5:15 every morning working out. I put in the work, but I enjoy my routine. I couldn't imagine going back to how I was before. You just have to be in the right mindset to want to do this. I do wish though that I had this mindset at 25 and didn't wait till I was in my 30's to realize how bad things were. Can't do anything about that now though can only move forward and keep doing what I am doing.
Awesome, man. Seems very unlikely that you’ll get derailed.

CBear3

Health and Fitness

Postby CBear3 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:10 am

Man, I need to get my head examined. Just signed up for a half in Nashville in 7 weeks with my wife...and in the process signed up for the three race pass. So I've got two more events to do this year, too.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:15 pm

Went to the gym last night and again this morning before work (because I woke up a little before 5 accidentally, and needed something to do)...reached for my phone in my office and tore my shirt a little bit in the forearm area...not a big deal... #humblebrag

The actual deal: As many know, I eat mostly just fruits and vegetables for breakfast and lunch at work. I don't know the exact science behind it, but I feel like, in that time, I have replaced roughly 5 to 8 pounds of fat with muscle...because now I'm back up to 160 again (which is what sparked the diet in the first place) and based on my body composition and some scales that estimate it...I think I've dropped my body fat % from 13-14, down to 10-11. So I'm pleased with the results...a couple of people have jumped on board because they see me workin a colorful plate every day while they impregnate themselves with some foot long bread bowl masquerading as a sandwich...

Just in time...gonna be in the 60's tomorrow...beach season is right around the corner, boys...

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:21 pm

160? I too remember middle school.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:19 am

Boys, changed my diet up pretty good here the last little few days and feeling good about it...

So because I'm petty and shallow, I was getting upset about, mostly, my lower abdominal fat...as I've said here before recently...so I experimented with some stuff and didn't see any real fast acting results (I also get bored easily).

So I switched my breakfast and lunch to just no- or low-caloric fruits and vegetables...and this is working swimmingly so far after just a few days, I notice a change...both in terms of not being a disgusting slob, but also in energy level and just general feeling...

I've been in on: grapefruit, strawberries, blackberries, apples, plums, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, celery for now (I think that's it)...storing them properly at the office (I read a lot about storing things at certain temperatures, not near certain things to keep them fresher/better longer) eating all of them raw, except zucchini, I fried that up a bit real quick...despite not getting a full night's sleep for about 12 consecutive days or so, give or take, I have plenty of energy, I don't get tired at 2:30, not hungry during the day, I feel...just better...and I'm slimming down already it appears...

Who would have thought that all the sh*t that God put on the floor for us was actually a match for what our body needs...crazy.
A half a year later how is this holding up for you? I have eaten up everything in my latest Amazon Pantry order that I ship to work every few months. Thinking of shitcanning that whole process and replacing my work food with, well, actual whole foods. I have a little mini-fridge at work so it won't be difficult to bring some stuff in at the beginning of the week and have it stay good for a few days.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:20 am

Eh, I see that you have already provided a recent update. Derp. Glad you're having success!

Carry on.

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:05 pm

That feeling when you're almost 40, have your first checkup with your doctor in a while, and you have no clue if someone is going to stick their finger up main street for the first time or not.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Not that I like it, I don't even want girls to tongue punch my hoop...but luckily, getting diagnosed with Crohn's at like 17, I got past that issue early in life haha

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Uh....

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 pm

Yeah...it might have been 18. Somewhere in there though, wasn't fun...

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:12 pm

That feeling when you're almost 40, have your first checkup with your doctor in a while, and you have no clue if someone is going to stick their finger up main street for the first time or not.
That feeling you're experiencing is known as excitement.

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:54 pm

For the doctor, absolutely. I’m quite fetching.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 pm

So I've been thinking about my eventual first prostate exam in light of the above posts. Is it normal to...groom that area for such an event? I mean, I do it anyway, but just wondering. Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

AuthorTony

Health and Fitness

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Wax on, wax off...

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Either way you will not be showing them something they haven't already seen before.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:21 pm

We're approaching the 1 year anniversary of my daughters birth... At the time of her birth, I had lost ~55 pounds. After she was born, I stopped going to the gym, but just through diet, I lost an additional ~35 pounds. At which point, I stopped counting calories all together (this would have been around August last year). Since then I've been maintaining pretty well. Ups and downs here and there, but all around, pretty steady.

Decided it was time to get back to the gym to lift and start running when the weather turns. I lifted last night for the first time since my daughter was born. Did a full body routine. This is me today:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Health and Fitness

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:58 am

#BREAKING Scientists in Israel unveil 3D print of a heart with human tissue and vessels, calling it a "first" and a "major medical breakthrough" that advances transplant possibilities
https://t.co/ILD9tHQGRF

Viva la Ben

Health and Fitness

Postby Viva la Ben » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:16 am

198lbs this morning. Coming from 248lbs one year ago I’m at my lowest weight in 20 years. My goal is to get down to 180lbs. Quitting fast food was the catalyst for getting healthy, and it’s surprising how my body reacted to “good” food.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 am

Great work @Viva la Ben getting under the 200lb mark and seeing the number start with a 1 was a huge thing for me.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:28 am

Great work Ben!

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:29 am

Nice. Yeah, to tif Louis CK, "God put a bunch of sh*t on the floor for us to eat...eat that." Your stupid face wants donuts, your body wants an apple...

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 am

Congrats VLB. As skullman said, seeing a number that started with 1 was an awesome feeling for me as well.
Nice. Yeah, to tif Louis CK, "God put a bunch of sh*t on the floor for us to eat...eat that." Your stupid face wants donuts, your body wants an apple...
But I like when it has like bacon on it....

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:10 am

I need to get back into the 100's... luckily I only have 5 pounds to go instead of 95 pounds this time. :lol:

Good work Ben.