Health and Fitness

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Some are certainly much better than others. Cinnamon roll is my jam.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:05 pm

My wife bought the banana chocolate one for me. Was not what I expected. :lol:

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Trader Joe's has these coffee ice cream brownie sandwich bars that are 180 calories. Perfect sized dessert, imo.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:11 pm

My buddy who is in reasonably good shape started this all fat/all protein diet basically...he eliminated carbs because it will teach the body to burn fat for energy instead of carbs...he seems to like it so far in short order...I have not vetted this, just saying the words in case it sparks an idea for anyone that wants to partake in that or something similar...

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:59 pm

Nah, I'm good, thanks.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:23 pm

My buddy who is in reasonably good shape started this all fat/all protein diet basically...he eliminated carbs because it will teach the body to burn fat for energy instead of carbs...he seems to like it so far in short order...I have not vetted this, just saying the words in case it sparks an idea for anyone that wants to partake in that or something similar...
Ketogenic diet. Definitely works for some people. Guy at work has lost 40 pounds this year using this method. He eats like a double cheeseburger with bacon, sans bun, everyday for lunch. Just tried to follow CICO as well. Personally, I like my fruits and veggies.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Keto isn't magic. It still comes down to calories in and calories out no matter what you eat or cut out etc. I love carbs couldn't live without them...so keto is a no go for me. Works well for others though. In the end though you are still losing weight because you are eating less calories overall.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:33 pm

It has no basis in reality at all.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Yeah... I don’t think the body can be “taught” anything. It burns whatever energy is most readily available.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:10 am

Yeah, I brought this up to a PA last night...complete hogwash...apologies...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:14 am

You know what else is hogwash? Your recycling policy

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:40 pm

To be clear.. different people have different ways of losing weight. keto works for some, one meal a day works for some etc. I mean whatever works for you... works. That being said no matter what way you do it, it still comes down to calories in vs calories out. Meal timings is irrelevant, size of meals is irrelevant.. what fills me up for long periods, may not fill someone else up... it all comes down to personal preference. c2i mentions he eats breakfast cause it helps him not binge before lunch.. I rarely ear anything before noon sometimes later, and tend to eat bigger meals later in the day. That works for me. I'm never hungry early in the morning. I work out fasted. Other need to eat before they work out. Eating earlier in the day helps c2i. No one size fits all by any means.

There are a bunch of different ways to be a fitter/healthier person... everyone is different on their preferences to get there, but the equation is the same for everyone. Eat more calories than you burn.. and you are going to gain weight.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:58 pm

You know what else is hogwash? Your recycling policy
I'll come down there and give you crew cut!

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 am

It's funny how quickly your body gets used to reduced calories. I was working on my car and then running on the treadmill last night, completely forgot to eat two 'meals' I planned. Between the missed meals and the run I had a calorie deficit of 993 on my goal of 1900/day. :lol:

count2infinity

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:38 am

When I starting this journey and my goal was ~2200 calories a day then exercise. I remember thinking it was so difficult to get down to that number. Looking over the past few weeks, my average daily intake is ~1800. It's all about finding things that keep hunger at bay and are low calorie. That's the beauty of CICO over some trendy diet. You naturally have to find the diet that fits for you to maintain your calorie goal. For me, it's pretty much the same breakfast and lunch daily... greek yogurt and cereal, then ham sandwich with pickles and mustard and either fruit, veggies with dip, or pretzels and hummus or some combo of the three, and dinner is typically chicken, lots of veg, and a bit of starch. Done and done. Leaves me plenty of room for a snack during the day and/or a beer or ice cream at night.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:42 am

Yeah. There are days like yesterday that are super easy, and then days like today which are killer. The wife wants to grill out and have chili cheese dogs w/fries. Was scanning in all the items last night and that meal is 1,325 calories. :lol:

When I was in Iraq I was doing 1200 cal/day for a few months. Was eating six 200 calories meals a day. The only way that it was possible for me was because I worked 7 days a week and crew was the same every day so I just built it into the routine. Lost a ton of weight but couldn't build muscle at all, hah.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Looked down at my scale as I was getting ready to head down to North Shore this evening and thought "****, I haven't weighed myself in a long time. I really haven't run much either, like maybe twice in the last month if you include the Spartan Sprint. I really don't want to do this... eh, it is what is, and if it's as bad as I think it's gonna be, I need to hop on that treadmill asap."

Since I stopped my diet and despite eating and drinking like I was 21-25 over the last month (maybe not so much on the drinking, but the eating, definitely), I'm somehow down 5 lbs. I think it has a lot to do with CICO and missing a bunch of meals, but I don't want to pat myself on the back quite yet.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:23 am

I was grinding some metal while laying underneath one of my cars the other day and the grinder binded into the metal and jerked hard. Although laying on my back the ginder was being held in an 'over head' position and when it jerked I pinched/tweaked something in my neck. Didn't think much of it, even ran three miles that night with no problem. About halfway through my work day the next afternoon my neck started to tighten and now my back is trying to compensate for the injury and now it is messed up too. I have the initial neck/trap/shoulder defect and now there is a rock hard knot that is large enough to be visible under my skin about halfway down my back on one side.

I don't take a lot of vacations but I'm driving 1100 miles this weekend in the DMC from Friday to Sunday. I'll be really upset if I'm in constant pain and/or can't turn my head. I played hockey last night to see if it would loosen it up. It's getting looser but the pain isn't subsiding.

Did the same injury last year while looking over my shoulder for traffic while driving. Blahhhhhhhhhhh.

meow

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am

Go see a Chiro. It'll get your through the weekend probably.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:28 am

When my wife worked as a PSS (PT clinic helper thing) in WI they let her treat patients under the supervision of the real PTs. The rules are a bit more strict here in PA. But she's been helping me with it through manual manipulation and stretching.

Might be working out some marital issues too because that **** hurts, lol.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 am

Heat, anti-inflammatory pills, manual manipulation...

meow

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:47 am

manual manipulation...
You know all about this one, eh?

Viva la Ben

Health and Fitness

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:54 am

I saw a health food store in Beaver yesterday that had a sign “CBD oil available”

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:55 am

manual manipulation...
You know all about this one, eh?
Yup. Manual manipulation...light stretching...you name it. This is where I'm a viking!

pens9192

Health and Fitness

Postby pens9192 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 pm

I have a medium sized papilloma on my tongue that I got after I bit my tongue awhile back. My dentist referred me to an oral surgeon to get it removed as he is concerned about it. Has anyone had this removal done? I assume the recovery sucks as far as eating goes?