masticating juicer.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Health and Fitness

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri May 08, 2015 12:44 pm

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Fri May 08, 2015 10:25 pm

I feel like, when you tell a rheumatologist at a prestigious hospital how your diet has affected various symptoms of what you're going through, they shouldn't just shrug their shoulders and give you a "if you say so" look.

I can't believe how far behind doctors are in dealing with some pretty clear issues. Science can move very slow sometimes.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 pm

anybody doing Mud On The Mountain tomorrow?

Reveutopique

Health and Fitness

Postby Reveutopique » Fri May 08, 2015 10:49 pm

I liked

beets
spinach
pear

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Fri May 08, 2015 11:08 pm

I feel like, when you tell a rheumatologist at a prestigious hospital how your diet has affected various symptoms of what you're going through, they shouldn't just shrug their shoulders and give you a "if you say so" look.

I can't believe how far behind doctors are in dealing with some pretty clear issues. Science can move very slow sometimes.
Lmao. - agreed. That's why I use this link

https://www.functionalmedicine.org

Robot B9

Health and Fitness

Postby Robot B9 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:40 am

Couple days into High Intensity Resistance Training and it's a welcome change of pace. Something different to shock the system.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Sat May 09, 2015 3:13 pm

As opposed to all that alcohol?

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Thu May 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Gave blood the other day at a blood drive and it was kind of awkward when I filled up a bag in like 90 seconds when it normally takes like 5 minutes because my hematocrit range is high

I just wanted to look at her and tell her, ya, sorry but you're better off pitching that bag¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyway, I deicided I'm going to start doing Cube Method again

http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/the-cube-method/

I pretty much crash dieted the last week on Caffeine and Ephedrine and today I had a refeed today where I ate like 1.2 pounds of grass fed beef so far... a half dozen pears/mangos

Today is deadlift day. YAY

I'll post a video here maybe... I feel like no one would give a poopy tho

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 14, 2015 4:36 pm

I'd give it a watch. Most of my background noise at work is spent on one bodybuilding form or another. And poor form deadlift videos always make me laugh. Not saying yours would be one of them, but 99% of DL videos look like a one way ticket to Snap City.

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Thu May 14, 2015 4:39 pm

I'd give it a watch. Most of my background noise at work is spent on one bodybuilding form or another. And poor form deadlift videos always make me laugh. Not saying yours would be one of them, but 99% of DL videos look like a one way ticket to Snap City.
last time I deadlifted I deadlifted something like 405x20 585x5 and 635x1

If I had poor form, I'd have died by now.

No brag because well, its just weight

i'm gonna try and keep my face out of the vid tho lol

iamjs

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Tue May 19, 2015 8:17 pm

5k time dropped below 28:00 today (27:57), although it did require me to jump up to 9.0 on the final lap+ .

Goal is to be in the sub-27 by the end of summer.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Good luck JS. After I did my half-marathon last September I've really been slacking something fierce. I'm way out of shape now :(

iamjs

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Tue May 19, 2015 9:22 pm

There was a half back home that I wanted to run that followed the path of the Jtown flood. I didn't see it advertised until two weeks after they closed registrations. I haven't done one in three years and this one is supposedly all flat/downhill.

http://www.active.com/johnstown-pa/runn ... races-2015

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cERXoodF3_Y&index=26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TRd3qh6d4&index=6

Dude was practically my idol when I started lifting... His Cube Program is top notch for naturals and enhanced athletes alike

He isn't shredded but he is a powerlifter and he's actually pretty lean for the level of powerlifting he competes in

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Tue May 19, 2015 10:38 pm

anyway, if anyone is bored and wants to watch "documentary" style vids on the mentality in strength sports

I highly recommend the above videos and these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKFyu8BWgW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStDBO82F2g @tifosi77 I think you'll like that vid, its kind of long but if you're bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHt8x27TvOw

Avyran

Health and Fitness

Postby Avyran » Fri May 22, 2015 12:10 am

Random question - What are some good back / shoulder stretches (particularly lower back)? My back had been spasm-ing & is now painfully tight (along with my shoulders), and I don't know what stretches will help with this. Been this way all day.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:35 am

Random question - What are some good back / shoulder stretches (particularly lower back)? My back had been spasm-ing & is now painfully tight (along with my shoulders), and I don't know what stretches will help with this. Been this way all day.
Do you feel this way sleeping? We've had our mattress for six years, and for the last 18 months I've constantly rolled around in pain at night.

Rylan

Health and Fitness

Postby Rylan » Fri May 22, 2015 12:47 am

Do you feel this way sleeping? We've had our mattress for six years, and for the last 18 months I've constantly rolled around in pain at night.
18 months is a long time to be uncomfortable for something you do everyday...

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Fri May 22, 2015 1:34 am

you're thinking about it completely wrong.

you need foam rolling and to correct the muscle imbalances that are causing those problems

Sorry if I sound rude or whatever but im not good at explaining

Avyran

Health and Fitness

Postby Avyran » Fri May 22, 2015 10:43 am

Hurts most when I wake up - my left shoulder has been in a constant state of pain for 7 months. Back came from a workout - woke up a couple nights ago with it either cramping or in a spasm, and it caused my anxiety to skyrocket for a little (been struggling with that for a couple years as well). Definitely need a new mattress, but I'll be moving in a couple of months, so I've been putting it off until I know my next living situation. Sorry to hear about your pain, though, Shaf.
you need foam rolling and to correct the muscle imbalances that are causing those problems
I've been starting to massage the areas (particularly my left shoulder blade) with a tennis ball, which I think is a similar sort of idea. It's starting to help, though not much. You're probably right, though, in that a need a deeper tissue massage (with the roller) to knock out the kinks. Have had a lot of muscle knots.

tifosi77

Health and Fitness

Postby tifosi77 » Fri May 22, 2015 2:58 pm

you're thinking about it completely wrong.

Sorry if I sound rude or whatever but im not good at explaining
I have just recently discovered the wonderful world of Yoga Tune Up therapy balls. The lady behind the program - Jill Miller - is a close associate of Kelly Starrett, who is something of a mobility and functional fitness demi-god.

I've been having problems with the rhomboids around my left scapula for a couple years now (broken drivers seat in my car, basically sitting against the metal frame), and the only thing I've found that helps release the gummed up tissue is the therapy ball stuff.

Clams Herbert

Health and Fitness

Postby Clams Herbert » Fri May 22, 2015 3:12 pm

This is what's up next for me starting on the holiday Monday. Anybody wanna join? It's gonna be a dodint.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold- ... o-cut.html

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Wed May 27, 2015 1:22 pm

I need a pair of oly shoes... I've just been lifting barefoot for several months now and I'm kind of getting tired of it

looking at these

http://www.olympicweightsetreview.com/n ... oe-review/

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Wed May 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Velcro shoes won't necessarily help you up your game with the ladies.