Health and Fitness

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:55 pm

Now prepare to jack off into a cup. I was a first timer, personally.

But then they give you a call and say, “Congratulations, you’re sterile!”…which i got a chuckle out of

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:58 pm

The urologist told me that typically it requires about 25 ejacs before you are sterile. So....a week or two of pure lonely hedonism? :lol:

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:01 pm

The urologist told me that typically it requires about 25 ejacs before you are sterile. So....a week or two of pure lonely hedonism? :lol:
I was told 20 to 25. My discharge papers said to call and schedule 10 to 12 weeks for the "test". I guess they assume I don't clean the pipes more than twice a week lol.

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:02 pm

Nothing more eerie than going into that room to jizz in the cup and see all the used pron.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:17 pm

Those are rookie numbers. Gotta pump those numbers up.

I was deemed sterile 14 days after my procedure. They never said it took a certain number. More of the lifespan of a single sperm

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:24 pm

Nothing more eerie than going into that room to jizz in the cup and see all the used pron.
You had to do it at the office? Weird. I took my cup home. Had a lovely time.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:36 am

Day 1 after snip snip and I feel basically normal. Just been icing and taking Tylenol when needed. I've forced myself to actually take it easy like my doctor said. Really no pain or swelling at all. Hopefully things continue this way.

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:57 am

I’m pretty pain tolerant in general. I bang my head and it starts bleeding and it’s a meh experience.

But that recovery had me laid out. Guess it takes all kinds.

…though I also had an inflammatory response that put me in the ER a little bit later. So my body very much didn’t like the procedure.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:00 pm

I’m pretty pain tolerant in general. I bang my head and it starts bleeding and it’s a meh experience.

But that recovery had me laid out. Guess it takes all kinds.

…though I also had an inflammatory response that put me in the ER a little bit later. So my body very much didn’t like the procedure.
It seems it varies from person to person. My doctor really stressed doing as little as possible for 2-3 days afterwards. She said even if you feel ok...don't push it or you will suffer for like a week.

I'm going stir crazy just sitting around. I was up at 5am like normal and had to force myself to lay back down and not go to the gym and run 3 miles.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:46 am

Day 3 post snip and all is still good. No swelling, no pain right now at all. Finally got to take a shower after two + days so that was nice. Still taking it easy even though I "feel" normal. Not sure if I will continue to ice today or not. Still taking a Tylenol every 6 hours or so but might stop that after today too.

Sat up the most yesterday working from home and then driving to visit my mom in the hospital and then stood there for a good bit. Really though... this has been a nice easy recovery and much easier than I expected so far.

King Colby

Health and Fitness

Postby King Colby » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:01 am

You are the first person I "know" who got a no-kids vasectomy. Pretty goddamn baller.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:07 am

You are the first person I "know" who got a no-kids vasectomy. Pretty goddamn baller.
I'm 38 years old, my wife is 33... neither one of us want kids at all. She also wants to not have to have an IUD in all her life, so me doing this made the most sense for the both of us as it was the least invasive. Once I clear out the pipes like 20 times and go back and get the all clear then she can schedule to get her IUD removed.

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:04 am

Was more terrified of pregnancy after child #2 than at any point while I was dating Mrs. S.

meow

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:05 am

Same. Definitely did not want to get Mrs. S pregnant

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:18 am

3 was her number. 2 was mine. I won the war, but at great cost. Had to confront this schism on the way home from the clinic and for the following days while my nuts were screaming like they were involved in the argument and I was on opiates.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:20 am

I figure if I hold out on getting the snip by another 2-3 years, they'll just have nanorobots that go in, take care of it, AND make my manhood bigger in the process.... Here's hoping.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:56 am

Officially one week out from the snip and I think I'm back to 100%.. or close. Stopped taking tylenol, no pain, no swelling... a little bit of bruising around the area, but it's minor.

Did a small/light workout this morning for the first time in a week...seemed to go good.

"cleared the pipes"...and all functioning as expected and no pain at all.

Going to not go back to a full/hard workout this week I don't think, but overall... this has been pretty smooth and pain free. I think taking it reallyeasy the first two days and icing like my doctor said was really what made this as easy as it was.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:00 am

I’ve had dislocated fingers, stitches, various sprains, dental work without Novocain and my reaction has been generally “meh, whatever.”

Now a common cold or in today's case the stomach flu? “WHEN WILL THIS STOP? What is wrong with me? (googles symptoms) Oh great, I'm dying.”

meow

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:09 am

Never google your symptoms. Because guess what. You have cancer

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:52 am

oh it's terrible. When I had a cold over this past winter, WebMD said I was having a stroke. I googled symptoms for a stomach flu last night, and WebMD came through again by saying my pancreas might be shutting down and that I need to see a doctor.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:37 am

Hopped on the scale this morning. Down 10 pounds from late May. Going along at a decent clip thus far. Start putting some exercise into my weekly schedule and mayyyyyyybe cut back a bit more on the beers, I'll be at my goal by the end of the summer.
This was from mid July... things did not go as planned. :lol:

I'm down 15 from late May, so down 5 from that post (started at 235, currently 220), but it's been a fight to get there. August wrecked me. I've noticed I'm a bit of a stress eater, and certainly a stress drinker. August/early September was a very stressful month. Hopefully as the dust settles from those stressors I can get back to it.

My goal was 25 pounds, and I know it's going to take time as I've done this before and I know what I did last time won't work this time as I don't have the ability to go to the gym every single day. I have to get my exercise when I can and really focus on diet. Some progress is still progress, right?

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:40 am

Any progress is good progress. It's a marathon not a sprint.

I put on like 10lbs over the past two months that I have to work to get off. Being down two weeks activity from my vasectomy and then going on a short vacation, plus stress at work.. equals weight going on.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:23 am

Went for my normal blood stuff yesterday... things had been good. Longer intervals between getting blood taken out. Numbers were up yesterday again though. Now I have to get a bone marrow biopsy... fun times. I'm trying not to think the worst here.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:32 am

Went for my normal blood stuff yesterday... things had been good. Longer intervals between getting blood taken out. Numbers were up yesterday again though. Now I have to get a bone marrow biopsy... fun times. I'm trying not to think the worst here.
Damn, sorry to hear that man. Fingers crossed all is well.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:42 am

Damn, sorry to hear that man. Fingers crossed all is well.
It's probably just my doctor being thorough. My wife said not to worry since my other labs were fine but my mind always thinks the worst with this stuff.