Health and Fitness

Shyster

Health and Fitness

Postby Shyster » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:10 pm

Good stuff. Keep at it.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:47 pm

If I decide to take Peloton up on their offer of $995 all in for a refurb bike, what makes the $44/month membership so much better than the like 7 cents a month I currently pay as a non bike owner?

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:52 pm

If I decide to take Peloton up on their offer of $995 all in for a refurb bike, what makes the $44/month membership so much better than the like 7 cents a month I currently pay as a non bike owner?
not a damn thing, IMO. however, if you're buying the bike you might as well do the All Access Membership. without it, the screen is worthless. you can't save metrics and only have access to a few pre-recorded rides.
a lot of people find the Leaderboard for both OD and live classes inspiring. when I've ridden Pelotons in hotel gyms i didn't really care about the Leaderboard.
I love the Peloton content but I prefer my Schwinn IC4, ipad and paying $12.99 per month for 2 profiles. YMMV.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:55 pm

You can't use the screen on the bike for classes (outside of Just ride) with just the app membership. That may not even work to be honest, but I'm pretty sure it does.

You'd have to cast things to your TV via your phone (I'm not sure if the screen lets you cast or not I've never tried). IMO if you have the actual peloton bike, the actual membership is worth it. You aren't going to know your resistance or have anything else tracked either stat wise besides the basics of what the app gives you.

I had just the app when I had a non peloton bike, but once I got the bike I /we obviously got the full membership. It's been well worth it even with the price increase IMO.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:55 pm

@shoeshine boy beat me by a minute haha.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:02 pm

IMO if you have the actual peloton bike, the actual membership is worth it. You aren't going to know your resistance or have anything else tracked either stat wise besides the basics of what the app gives you.

that's not really true about other bikes. using additional apps you can get resistance and power if you have certain bikes. I've used 2 apps to do Power Zone classes. Kinetic, which is free and mPaceline that's not but worth every penny and I HATE paying app subscription fees. you float these apps over the class on the ipad and voila which is french for....and then i found out. ;)

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:19 pm

IMO if you have the actual peloton bike, the actual membership is worth it. You aren't going to know your resistance or have anything else tracked either stat wise besides the basics of what the app gives you.

that's not really true about other bikes. using additional apps you can get resistance and power if you have certain bikes. I've used 2 apps to do Power Zone classes. Kinetic, which is free and mPaceline that's not but worth every penny and I HATE paying app subscription fees. you float these apps over the class on the ipad and voila which is french for....and then i found out. ;)

Makes sense if you have a non peloton bike that supports it and an Ipad you are using :-). When I had the App only I as just using my phone or the roku app on my tv and a simple yosuda bike. I just figure if you are getting the actual Peloton bike using all that is has to offer makes the most sense even with the app subscription. Going your route though if you have another bike you are used to using and it supports those other apps is probably cheaper in the long run.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:12 pm

Broke my 30 minute output record with a Kendall ride. 370 kj. I'm dead.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:15 pm

Broke my 30 minute output record with a Kendall ride. 370 kj. I'm dead.
I need to take her latest metal ride. I've been working my way to it since I got back from Vacation.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:21 pm

The one part I couldn't keep up with was when she does like the 108 cadence at 65 resistance. It's insane. Other than that, I hung in there pretty good

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:25 pm

yeah i can go heavy in resistance, but going over 100ish when you are that high... I don't know how people do that for any extended length of time.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:48 pm

Wonder how much life Peloton has left.
Peloton told employees Friday that it is slashing roughly 780 jobs, closing a significant number of its retail stores and hiking prices on some equipment in a bid to cut costs and become profitable.

The company did not specify how many of its 86 retail locations it plans to shutter, but said an “aggressive” reduction will begin in 2023. The pace of closures will depend on how quickly Peloton can negotiate getting out of leases.

Peloton said it will exit last-mile logistics by closing its remaining warehouses and shift delivery work to third-party providers, resulting in a portion of the job cuts. It is also cutting a number of positions in its in-house support team, which are mainly located in Tempe, Arizona, and Plano, Texas, and instead will rely on third parties.
Peloton, which had just lowered the prices for its products earlier this year, is raising the price of its Bike+ by $500 to $2,495 in the United States. The price of its Tread machine is going up by $800 to $3,495. The price of Peloton’s original Bike and its strength-training product known as Guide will remain unchanged.

McCarthy acknowledged the about-face on pricing, saying that the equipment price reductions made sense for the company back in April, as Peloton tried to get rid of inventory quickly.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:07 pm

They got a real brain trust running that place. Bunch of mental midgets

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:46 am

NTP66

Health and Fitness

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:07 am

Thank you for this. I will pay whatever it costs if this therapy is approved, and will be looking to see if I’d be able to participate in a clinical trial for it. I think @robbiestoupe is also a fellow tinnitus sufferer.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:09 am

Yeah, I have it but not to the extent that you do. Good luck. :thumb:

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:33 pm

Looks like good stuff @NTP66 . I’m probably closer to Dodint where the tinnitus is there but not to the point I notice it all the time. If anything it probably causes difficulty hearing but that could be I have 3 kids screaming all the time.

NTP66

Health and Fitness

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:44 pm

Mine is manageable, but I really do miss pure silence, and would like to experience it again at some point.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:51 pm

Mine is manageable, but I really do miss pure silence, and would like to experience it again at some point.
Can't even imagine. Do you sleep with white noise at night to drown it out? Can you drown it out?

NTP66

Health and Fitness

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:53 pm

Nah, the various apps and stuff didn’t really do anything. I have no trouble falling and staying asleep, thankfully.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:10 pm

I use a fan.

NTP66

Health and Fitness

Postby NTP66 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:11 pm

Dual purpose device. Alton and tif would approve.

Troy Loney

Health and Fitness

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:58 am

Was at our corporate retreat/training center last week, the gym had a row of pelotons, so I decided to give it a try and did a 20 minute class.

I assume it would be impossible for them to curate a playlist I would like, but I did a "pop punk" class and hated the music and the instructor. But other than that, it was good product. I do like tracking things, so I can see how I would be drawn to charting my ranking and progress and such and the leaderboard thing would easily make it so I pushed through the whole ride.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:53 am

Was at our corporate retreat/training center last week, the gym had a row of pelotons, so I decided to give it a try and did a 20 minute class.

I assume it would be impossible for them to curate a playlist I would like, but I did a "pop punk" class and hated the music and the instructor. But other than that, it was good product. I do like tracking things, so I can see how I would be drawn to charting my ranking and progress and such and the leaderboard thing would easily make it so I pushed through the whole ride.
Pop Punk. let me guess, a british dude named Bradley?

I'm way more into New Wave, 80s and Rock. fortunately for me or maybe because, my favorite instructor pretty much specializes in New Wave rides.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:58 am

Pop Punk. let me guess, a british dude named Bradley?

I'm way more into New Wave, 80s and Rock. fortunately for me or maybe because, my favorite instructor pretty much specializes in New Wave rides.
My wife loves Brad haha. "Clickty clack your twinkle toes". I'm guessing it was him too. I know Kendall does a few of those too, not sure who else does.