Health and Fitness

RonnieFranchise

Health and Fitness

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:44 pm

20 lbs down. Don’t feel like it is too noticeable to the naked eye although Mrs. F says she can see it in my face. I had to buy new shorts and belt because the old ones weren’t staying up. Gotta keep getting after it!

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:45 pm

20 lbs down. Don’t feel like it is too noticeable to the naked eye although Mrs. F says she can see it in my face. I had to buy new shorts and belt because the old ones weren’t staying up. Gotta keep getting after it!
    :fist: :fist: 20lbs is no small feat. Good work!

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:42 pm

Well done ronnie!

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:53 pm

Retook the FTP test after doing the Discover your PZ program... bumped it up about 20 or 21 points so not too bad.
    a 20 point bump is quite respectable. nice job!

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:10 am

So I'm on Day 5 and feeling better. Feel like I'm on the edge of anxiety and "normalcy". Come to accept the tremors in me.

But then today noticed my 9 year olds hand is tremoring when she is playing. She mentioned it a few weeks ago when she was writing in school, but we just wrote it off thinking she heard me talking about it. But then she said it again yesterday while playing legos and we noticed today when she was playing with some stuff. It's very mild, but noticable. She doesn't really complain.

So now this is just setting me off. Both angry and anxiety. WTF. Why her. It's tough enough for me, but I was always in the frame of mind, "glad it's me and not one of my kids or wife". And it's just f'ing crazy we started around the same time (she first mentioned in February).

And to top it all off, my next door neighbor and I were talking on Friday, and I was catching up and told him about my situation. He goes, "does it shake when you pick up a cup or hold your hands straight out". I said yeah. He goes, "mine just started doing that in February" and he showed me.

Again, don't know if this is long COVID related, or the virus unlocks something in the brain that may have come out at some point down the road. But 3 people now all around the same timing, and we all had COVID in the fall (and are all vaccinated/boosted).

I'm just frustrated, especially with my daughter. She is happy as all get up and overall oblivious to it, but I'm praying to god that this doesn't get worse down the road or she has extremely shaky hands when she gets in her 20s/30s, or worse yet, the tremor in her mouth or head like I do.

Just needed to get off my chest. Things seemed to be turning the corner, and now this.

Edit: Also, had friends come over yesterday. Had a blast, but the anxiety was there the entire time. These were best friends of 26 years.

After they left, the kids went out and played. I just had a breakdown, sobbed for 20 minutes to my wife. Just want to get my life back. Just want to enjoy it and not have this anxiety.

And I tell you what, I don't know if it was just unleashing 3 months worth of buildup or what, but when I collected myself, I had my best evening in 3 months (non Xanax/Klonopin) and today has been great until I saw my daughters hands, but even then, I've been able to collect myself and not let it get too out of control like it would have just even 2 days ago.

Just pray and hope this is progress that remains and keeps going forward and not a 24 hour thing or anything.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:16 pm

NAN, appreciate you sharing. Hope this stuff clears up for all of you guys quickly, sorry you are going through this.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:43 am

I have begun the kiwi before bed regimen.

My only issue is that I don't eat anything after 8 PM because of blood sugar/fat burn. I guess we'll see if I start putting on weight due to late night kiwi snacks.

Still first woke up 90 minutes before my 6 am alarm. But was able to fall back asleep until nearly then.

I'm thinking anxiety, after 48 years on this planet, is starting to affect me. My parents' health isn't great, new job, moving, new house...Last year it was the previous job keeping me awake (or waking me) in the night. Nature abhors a vacuum, so solve one anxiety source and three others rush in to take the spot. Once I'm awake and moving through my day, I don't feel like I have a lot of stress, but I think my body wakes me in the middle of the night worrying about work or whatever.

My goal is to sleep a solid 7 hours and actually wake to my alarm, instead of staring at it for 60-90 minutes before it's supposed to go off.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:53 am

My only issue is that I don't eat anything after 8 PM because of blood sugar/fat burn. I guess we'll see if I start putting on weight due to late night kiwi snacks.

Still first woke up 90 minutes before my 6 am alarm. But was able to fall back asleep until nearly then.

I'm thinking anxiety, after 48 years on this planet, is starting to affect me. My parents' health isn't great, new job, moving, new house...Last year it was the previous job keeping me awake (or waking me) in the night. Nature abhors a vacuum, so solve one anxiety source and three others rush in to take the spot. Once I'm awake and moving through my day, I don't feel like I have a lot of stress, but I think my body wakes me in the middle of the night worrying about work or whatever.

My goal is to sleep a solid 7 hours and actually wake to my alarm, instead of staring at it for 60-90 minutes before it's supposed to go off.
    I think as we age, our bodies just also don't allow us to have a full night sleep on a regular basis. Literally everyone I talk to our age is up at some point during the night, or is up staring waiting for the alarm to go off like an hour or so beforehand. Unless they take some sort of sleep aid.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:00 am

Day 7 of being off he Xanax. Honestly (and knock on wood) Days 2-4 were the hardest. Especially day 2. Not sure if it's because it was cut out and my brain wasn't naturally making the chemicals it needs to cover the anxiety, but I started to feel a little better on day 5 until I saw my daughters hand shaking.

But I've noticed the last 2 or 3 days, my anxiety, while still there, isn't as intense, and goes through shorter waves. And my "normal" times are good. And especially in the evening, I just feel this wave of calm, my tremors pretty much disappear, and I just feel happy again instead of sedated.

I do notice a reduction in my tremors throughout the day when I'm calm, so I just need to keep telling myself that. And hopefully make it the "norm".

The only issue is in the morning, I do wake up with anxiety, although it is toned down significantly, but then that has my arms trembling when I'm doing things, which then increases the anxiety. I just do my deep breathing and start work/ do something around the house to keep my mind off. Excercise and going for a walk helps too. It's just exhausting to have to start over every day, but I've seen progress each day. Just need to keep that in mind, and hopefully one day I can make it through the majority of the day anxiety free (or at least unnatural anxiety).

I also hope my daughters thing isn't serious and is just a short term thing. We didn't notice it much at all yesterday, but I'm hypersensitive right now and think I see it all the time. My wife is saying she is seeing nothing. We did make a neuro appointment for her and talked to her pediatrician (who suggested the neuro as it is not his area of expertise). This is the thing that I'm obssessing abour right now and is a roadblock.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:04 am

have you considered a weighted blanket? I've been using this one for the past week:

I wasn't searching for a weighted blanket but I decided to give it a try anyway. I really just wanted a "cooling blanket" for the Summer. I don't have to tell you about Summers in the Deep South. :lol:
    so far, it's pretty breathable and every night we've used it I have slept like a log. if you go with this one, check measurements closely. we have a queen bed but the measurements of the queen size blanket seemed a tad small to me so I went with the "King size" 80x87 and it's perfect.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:20 am

In addition, it's been 3 months plus since I've lived life without being a spastic mess when it comes to anxiety/depression. So now during my "normal" times, I'm just waiting for it to come back at times, which sets it off. I need to get out of that frame of mind. I'm hoping over time, the "normal" times become actually normal again and the thought of anxiety fades to the background.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:19 am

My wife won't allow a weighted blanket, as she gets too hot. Completely different thermostat than me lol.

Have you had the blanket over the summer yet? I might get a twin or full size for my side of the bed if it's not too hot.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:27 am

My wife won't allow a weighted blanket, as she gets too hot. Completely different thermostat than me lol.

Have you had the blanket over the summer yet? I might get a twin or full size for my side of the bed if it's not too hot.
    I've only had it about 2 weeks but, I typically sleep hot because I'm 52 years old. the nights that we have used it (we were trying another non-weighted cooling blanket as well) I have not woken up at 1:30AM drenched in sweat as I had been previously.
    so far the only thing I don't like is that I can't tell when the cats hop up on the bed.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:42 am

In addition, it's been 3 months plus since I've lived life without being a spastic mess when it comes to anxiety/depression. So now during my "normal" times, I'm just waiting for it to come back at times, which sets it off. I need to get out of that frame of mind. I'm hoping over time, the "normal" times become actually normal again and the thought of anxiety fades to the background.
    It definitely gets better with time, but it is not a linear progression in most cases for sure. Glad you are staying off the Xanax.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:43 am

I think as we age, our bodies just also don't allow us to have a full night sleep on a regular basis. Literally everyone I talk to our age is up at some point during the night, or is up staring waiting for the alarm to go off like an hour or so beforehand. Unless they take some sort of sleep aid.
    I woke up randomly at like 12:30 last night...instead of just rolling over to go back to bed, I went from sleeping to mind racing about work and other stressors within about 15 seconds. Took me over a half hour to fall back asleep. Annoying.

MR25

Health and Fitness

Postby MR25 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:03 pm

I had what I thought was like a 5 or 6 hour deep sleep the other night. Rolled over to check my phone (was still dark out) and assumed it would be like 5 AM.

Nope. 1 on the dot. I had been asleep for 2 hours, and now I was feeling fully awake.

Such bullshit.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:27 pm

Yep, shad and MR, some version of that happens to me frequently. I've stopped drinking fluids after 8 PM, so I don't have to get up (usually) to go to the bathroom. My father informed me that won't matter in a few years.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:36 pm

I get woken up with anxiety most every night. It's not a huge deal, once I realize I'm not dying I fall right back asleep. Last week it happened after only about 20 minutes of being asleep and was very acute. That was wild. I think I went back to reading a book for a few minutes before drifting off again.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:47 pm

Knock on wood, but I sleep like a baby.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:49 pm

It definitely gets better with time, but it is not a linear progression in most cases for sure. Glad you are staying off the Xanax.
    Yeah, it's not even linear throughout the day, although each day is getting better.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:14 am

Keeping fingers crossed, but I've been 95% anxiety free for the past 3-4 days. Mainly in the morning when I first wake up.

Also, (and I pray this is the case long term), the other tremors outside of my hands have subsided as the anxiety has. And it's mainly around in the morning as well. By noon or so, I feel somewhat "normal".

Just again, hoping this isn't a blip, and is a long term thing. It feels good to be getting better, and I hope my body is healing overall after being pounded with stress, anxiety, depression and worry over the last 4 months non stop.

PS - getting off that Xanax/Klonopin was difficult as it became a crutch, but I'm glad I did on the doc's timeline and only used it short term. It was nice for some relief, but it's no long term solution and I can see why people get stuck on it. And it's difficult to get off of and the rebound anxiety when you do it crippling, but it's worth it to fight through it.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:37 am

Great news, NAN. I hope the trend continues.

MR25

Health and Fitness

Postby MR25 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 am

Not at all happy with the start of allergy season.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:22 pm

Mine started in mid February, when we went to Florida. Then back home at the end of February. I think I'm over the worst of it, but it sucked having it this long.

RonnieFranchise

Health and Fitness

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:32 pm

Mine started in Texas last month, then continued in NC, and now they are here!