Health and Fitness

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:52 pm

There's that too. For some reason when I read 'first time buyer' I was thinking first time as an adult. If you've never skated before you could play it safe and get something with a brake. If you're anything like me, you'll panic and forget to use it anyway and then take it off because it's a pain in the ass.

That said, my wife took up skating with me and she's happy with her hockey skates.

I do love that it took me 25 days to respond to that post, but took Craig 6 minutes to disagree with me. ;)

Craig

Health and Fitness

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Yeah I don't think i'd be able to use a brake right now, but when he said first time buyer I immediately thought no to the hockey skate. On the road though, you'll go through wheels real fast if you aren't using a brake.

Also, I forgot about this thread, when I read some posts in it earlier today, I thought it was new. Apparently I participated in it already.
Last edited by Craig on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm 80lbs heavier than the max weight of the skate. I leave little trails behind me wherever I go. :P

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 pm

]Image

Cropped my tattoos out of this

Currently 210 depleted morning weight

I have to get to 198 while maintaining strength and that 198 has to be when I'm carbed up not when I'm depleted

I won't be using any "supplements" for this cut

On a side note it's funny how people think lifting is an exercise in vanity. I'm repulsive to 90% of the population lol

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Lifting is an opportunity cost (to me) which is why I can't get hooked on it. You have to dedicate yourself to it to get great results, like anything, and I'm already committed to other pursuits. I don't think it's vain but it comes at a cost and goes away as soon as you stop doing it. You could spend that time making a wicked awesome sailboat and keep it forever. 8-)

King Colby

Health and Fitness

Postby King Colby » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:15 pm

It doesn't go away that quick dodint... i mean if you take two weeks off you may need a week to get back where you were but it's not like you're starting from scratch again.

One thing i've noticed is how much better my upper body lifts are if I do legs regularly.

Godric you're in pretty good shape bud. Just go around with your shirt off and you shouldn't have to worry about that weird ex anymore. Unless you have a really ugly face or something :scared:

Algernon

Health and Fitness

Postby Algernon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:52 pm

It doesn't go away that quick dodint... i mean if you take two weeks off you may need a week to get back where you were but it's not like you're starting from scratch again.

One thing i've noticed is how much better my upper body lifts are if I do legs regularly.

Godric you're in pretty good shape bud. Just go around with your shirt off and you shouldn't have to worry about that weird ex anymore. Unless you have a really ugly face or something :scared:
My face is aight :lol:

I just feel... not fat but not lean enough.

I need to improve my conditioning after pretty much eating 6k cals everyday all winter

Yeah, I use to do hypertrophy bodybuilding routines... But I don't anymore. I just sololy do olympic lifts and mobility work

This is the kind of conditioning I'm aiming for

Minus the obvious diuretic use
Last edited by Algernon on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tifosi77

Health and Fitness

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:30 am

Starret is good stuff. Just tune out anything he says about pullups
Which is easy, because I don't think I've ever actually heard him talk about pullups. I've heard him talk about hanging from a bar and flapping your body like a fish out of water until your chin goes over the bar. But nothing about pullups.

tifosi77

Health and Fitness

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:32 am

I think my plan is to run while enjoying the nice spring weather, and then start P90x in the cool confines of my basement once the summer heat starts in earnest.
I don't know if you've ever done P90X before, but a couple tips from a vet:

1) Tony Horton is an outstanding trainer, and a terrible comedian;
2) The one-legged dude in the Plyo workout is Rabbit from 'Super Troopers';
3) Maren from the Chest And Back workout has done pr0n.

Pretty sure I say those three things every time P90X is mentioned, but they're important nuggets of information.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:57 am

I think my plan is to run while enjoying the nice spring weather, and then start P90x in the cool confines of my basement once the summer heat starts in earnest.
I don't know if you've ever done P90X before, but a couple tips from a vet:

Pretty sure I say those three things every time P90X is mentioned, but they're important nuggets of information.
Haha wow. Regarding Rabbit, I thought I recognized his face but didn't make the connection. Regarding Maren, :shock:

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:25 pm

I don't know if you've ever done P90X before, but a couple tips from a vet:7

1) his jokes are corny. I may have laughed at one or two - possibly the same one - during the brief time I did P90x.
2) never saw super troopers the whole way through.
3) Im not sure this is true. I might have to Google or even hit Google images... you know, just to verify.

tifosi77

Health and Fitness

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:31 pm

Please feel free to verify.... but it's not for the faint of heart, and cannot be unseen. (Not that I would know.....)

IanMoran

Health and Fitness

Postby IanMoran » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:00 pm

I have a "friend" who was also curious and did a Google search. He'd recommend you don't make the same mistake as well

I actually liked Horton's personality. He wasn't funny at all, but it came off to me as if that's how he is in real life... which was likable (even though he's probably just a good actor).

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:22 pm

I have a "friend" who was also curious and did a Google search. He'd recommend you don't make the same mistake as well

I actually liked Horton's personality. He wasn't funny at all, but it came off to me as if that's how he is in real life... which was likable (even though he's probably just a good actor).
I think he's actually a bad actor, which is why he gave up acting and became a personal trainer.

Kaiser

Health and Fitness

Postby Kaiser » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:21 pm

I'm back on the patch.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:20 pm

My face is aight :lol:

I just feel... not fat but not lean enough.

I need to improve my conditioning after pretty much eating 6k cals everyday all winter

Yeah, I use to do hypertrophy bodybuilding routines... But I don't anymore. I just sololy do olympic lifts and mobility work

This is the kind of conditioning I'm aiming for

Minus the obvious diuretic use
What kind of training routine do you follow? I've been following a full body routine three days a week, but between work and wife and dog and grad school and five hours of sleep each night I'm starting to find it pretty taxing. Thinking of going back to a PPL or something similar to Wendler's 531, focusing on a single big lift each day with a few accessories added in.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:40 pm

Please feel free to verify.... but it's not for the faint of heart, and cannot be unseen. (Not that I would know.....)
Regarding her, when you said that, I assumed she did some random clip at some point in her past. Upon googling....

:shock:

:pop:

:x

:o

:fist:

Reveutopique

Health and Fitness

Postby Reveutopique » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:17 am

I'm back on the patch.
I'm proud of you :fist:

I started using myfitnesspal. Next step is running.

Kicksave

Health and Fitness

Postby Kicksave » Tue May 05, 2015 8:06 pm

This is probably the best place to bring this up. Anyone here juice? We just bought a new masticating juicer, upgrading from the $30 clearance centrifugal juicer we got at bed bath and beyond a few years ago. Finally decided to make the jump.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:08 pm

This is probably the best place to bring this up. Anyone here juice? We just bought a new masticating juicer, upgrading from the $30 clearance centrifugal juicer we got at bed bath and beyond a few years ago. Finally decided to make the jump.
I need to start, I've had the Magic Bullet (not that one) since last Christmas and haven't touched it :oops:

Robot B9

Health and Fitness

Postby Robot B9 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:29 pm

I recently picked up a GNC juicer on clearance Clarence for one third of its normal price. Used it a couple times and seems to work fine.

Not really sure how often I'll use it, given the availability of comparable manufactured bottled juices now, but it's fun.

Reveutopique

Health and Fitness

Postby Reveutopique » Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 pm

I have a juicer but it leaves so much waste. I don't like using it. I do like using my food processor to mix stuff sometimes but it's more like shakes. I used to drink Vega One. I would like to start again. It's pretty expensive as far as protein shakes go. However you can just mix it with water and drink it and that's meals for half the month or you can add it to meals or snacks etc. of course.

I tried to get Kaiser on board but it was no bueno. He doesn't need it though I guess.

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Wed May 06, 2015 8:40 pm

I need to start, I've had the Magic Bullet (not that one) since last Christmas and haven't touched it :oops:
Ginger root
Turmeric root
Banana
Strawberry
Pineapple
Kale leaves (spine removed)
Yogurt
Flax seed oil
Almond or coconut milk as needed

columbia

Health and Fitness

Postby columbia » Wed May 06, 2015 8:49 pm

If I'm using my juicer, I do:

Carrot
Apple
Ginger
Turmeric

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 pm

My wife has been using a juice recipe from her mom's nutritionist in Mexico.

-Carrot
-Cucumber
-Celery
-Radish
-Tomato
-Chayote
-Lime

It smells, and tastes, like a foot. Just gross.