Health and Fitness

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:53 pm

Glad to hear it skully! Do you drink a lot of water?

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Glad to hear it skully! Do you drink a lot of water?
Not enough as I probably should. I drink more Coke Zero than anything else haha.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Health and Fitness

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:17 pm

There aren't a lot of things health wise I do well, but I do drink about 100 ounces of water a day

robbiestoupe

Health and Fitness

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:32 pm

Well aren't you the most interesting kangaroo in the world

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Just got my flu shot. I can feel the poison coursing through my veins. I fully expect to be near death by morning.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:32 pm

Just got my flu shot. I can feel the poison coursing through my veins. I fully expect to be near death by morning.
I did flu shot and 1st shingles shot last friday. my shingles arm still feels like someone punched me.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Yep, got my flu shot yesterday at the ol' Walgreens. Arm was a little sore last night, but fine this morning.

Shyster

Health and Fitness

Postby Shyster » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:58 pm

Just went over 3,000 miles on the exercise bike, and I think it's been right around a year since I bought it. So in the last year I've biked the equivalent of Pittsburgh to LA, plus I'm about halfway to Denver on the trip back. I've worn out two of the felt friction pads used to increase resistance.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:23 pm

Damn. I will be lucky to get about a third of that.

shmenguin

Health and Fitness

Postby shmenguin » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:21 am

MIL’s breast cancer is back just a year or so after treatment.

It started when her physician missed the “CANCER!!” Indicator on the radiology report and never let her know, and a few months later she had a lump.

Has anyone had any involvement in lawsuits of this nature? Even her other doctors are saying it’s clear negligence. Not that it’s the main event right now. This is bad stuff.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 pm

MIL’s breast cancer is back just a year or so after treatment.

It started when her physician missed the “CANCER!!” Indicator on the radiology report and never let her know, and a few months later she had a lump.

Has anyone had any involvement in lawsuits of this nature? Even her other doctors are saying it’s clear negligence. Not that it’s the main event right now. This is bad stuff.
Damn, I'm really sorry. That is 100% negligence. Hope they are able to take care of it.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:20 pm

Just went over 3,000 miles on the exercise bike, and I think it's been right around a year since I bought it. So in the last year I've biked the equivalent of Pittsburgh to LA, plus I'm about halfway to Denver on the trip back. I've worn out two of the felt friction pads used to increase resistance.
friction pads? how old is that thing?

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:32 pm

Welp...I ordered a Peloton

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:05 pm

Nice. I think the supply chain stuff isn't as bad this year, hope you get it soon. I like it a lot for what it is. I'm 'dodint' on there if you want to do the social stuff.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:11 pm

Nice. I think the supply chain stuff isn't as bad this year, hope you get it soon. I like it a lot for what it is. I'm 'dodint' on there if you want to do the social stuff.
Will definitely send a friend request!

It's getting delivered on Wednesday.... So yeah, no more supply chain issues :lol:

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:22 pm

:lol:

This is a very popular recommendation if you can not adjust to the seat:

Bikeroo Large Bike Seat Cushion...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015TGEV0Y

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks!

I got the Bike Plus Basic package. Which accessories do you definitely recommend? I'd rather buy them separately.

It sounds like the shoes are a must?

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:36 pm

Any shoe with a delta style cleat will work. I got mine on Amazon.
We got the 3lb weights, but they are just dumbbells.
The headset was trash.
A water bottle is a water bottle.
My gym already has a mat.

There isn't much to it, you already have the best upgrade which is the auto-follow feature that comes with Bike+.

These are my shoes:
https://www.amazon.com/Vittoria-Perform ... 07WQLJ5J1/

These are my cleats:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0093XPCDK/

They work for me but there are lots of options out there. My wife got the Peloton shoes and they work.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:35 am

Excellent!! Thank you sir.

Now I need to clear out the corner of my basement...quickly :lol:

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:25 am

Thanks!
I got the Bike Plus Basic package. Which accessories do you definitely recommend? I'd rather buy them separately.
I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but if you wanted to skip the shoes altogether and use a cage/strap pedal or even a flat pedal you could. But I would highly recommend you clip in. The pedal setup is industry standard so any pedal you could buy at a bike shop or online would replace the clip pedals that come with the bike.

Do you plan to have your watch deliver heart rate to the bike? You should be able to do it with the Garmin watch you have now. If you look in the user manual on page 14 for your watch it shows you how to put your watch into heart rate broadcast mode. Once you do that you can connect it to the bike through this process: https://support.onepeloton.com/hc/en-us ... loton-Bike

There is a screen that pops up before you join a class that tells you if your heart rate monitor is connected. My watch is setup to only broadcast during activities so I don't drain the battery down all of the time. So what I have to do is before I get on the bike I start a generic exercise on the watch to get the broadcast running, then I start my Peloton class. When the class is over I stop the activity on my watch and then discard it, otherwise, you'll have duplicate activities (the Peloton class and the Garmin event). It sounds like a hassle but it just takes a moment and becomes part of your routine.

Do you want to sync your Peloton classes to your Garmin Connect account? Unfortunately, you can't do it directly, you have to sign up with a third-party service. Once you do that you can get your Peloton classes and a bunch of data imported into Garmin Connect. You have to use https://syncmyworkout.com/ at a cost of about $25/year. It also helps to have a (free) Strava account to initiate the sync; it tells SMW when to check your Peloton account for a completed workout, otherwise, SMW has to login to your Peloton account every few hours. If you need help setting any of that up let me know, it's pretty straightforward for one user but gets complicated with multiple users on the same bike.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:58 am

Welp...I ordered a Peloton
welcome to the cult! I'm too cheap for the $40 a month fee so I bought a Schwinn IC4 and use the Peloton app for $13 a month.
a lot of people in Facebook Peloton groups will say, "you'll get used to the seat. just suck it up!" but IMO, the Peloton stock seat (I've ridden Peloton bikes in hotel gyms) is about as bad as it gets. I'd recommend swapping it out ASAP. I swapped my Schwinn stock seat for this one:

follow me: Loki_is_a_Kat

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:33 am

Thank you @dodint. That is greatly appreciated.

And thanks @shoeshine boy! I need to clear out space ASAP haha.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 am

No worries. The delivery folks were super cool, too. Very helpful. I'm sure you'll have a good time with it.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:42 am

@dodint, I actually have a Polar chest strap HR monitor. I assume that is compatible too?

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:45 am

If it's Bluetooth or Ant+ it will likely work. That link I provided to the sync'ing instructions would be the same for the strap, I assume. Delivery folks might know. Mine was delivered by Peloton, not a courier service. The guy even gave me his mobile number so I could ask questions later.