Health and Fitness

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Health and Fitness

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:11 pm

You're the same height as me and that is the size bike I have.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Boys, changed my diet up pretty good here the last little few days and feeling good about it...

So because I'm petty and shallow, I was getting upset about, mostly, my lower abdominal fat...as I've said here before recently...so I experimented with some stuff and didn't see any real fast acting results (I also get bored easily).

So I switched my breakfast and lunch to just no- or low-caloric fruits and vegetables...and this is working swimmingly so far after just a few days, I notice a change...both in terms of not being a disgusting slob, but also in energy level and just general feeling...

I've been in on: grapefruit, strawberries, blackberries, apples, plums, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, celery for now (I think that's it)...storing them properly at the office (I read a lot about storing things at certain temperatures, not near certain things to keep them fresher/better longer) eating all of them raw, except zucchini, I fried that up a bit real quick...despite not getting a full night's sleep for about 12 consecutive days or so, give or take, I have plenty of energy, I don't get tired at 2:30, not hungry during the day, I feel...just better...and I'm slimming down already it appears...

Who would have thought that all the sh*t that God put on the floor for us was actually a match for what our body needs...crazy.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:26 pm

You lost me at grapefruit.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Grapefruit is a chore, I'll give you that...I can get by without it...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Sprinkle in some nuts and you've basically got my diet

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Can't eat nuts...

Otherwise, I'm on team meow on this one...

I spent about $16, $17 and I should be able to have breakfast and lunch for the entire work week barring the unforeseen....

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Health and Fitness

Postby meow » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Can't eat nuts...

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:44 pm

I love that episode and his laugh after that.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Boys, changed my diet up pretty good here the last little few days and feeling good about it...

So because I'm petty and shallow, I was getting upset about, mostly, my lower abdominal fat...as I've said here before recently...so I experimented with some stuff and didn't see any real fast acting results (I also get bored easily).

So I switched my breakfast and lunch to just no- or low-caloric fruits and vegetables...and this is working swimmingly so far after just a few days, I notice a change...both in terms of not being a disgusting slob, but also in energy level and just general feeling...

I've been in on: grapefruit, strawberries, blackberries, apples, plums, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, celery for now (I think that's it)...storing them properly at the office (I read a lot about storing things at certain temperatures, not near certain things to keep them fresher/better longer) eating all of them raw, except zucchini, I fried that up a bit real quick...despite not getting a full night's sleep for about 12 consecutive days or so, give or take, I have plenty of energy, I don't get tired at 2:30, not hungry during the day, I feel...just better...and I'm slimming down already it appears...

Who would have thought that all the sh*t that God put on the floor for us was actually a match for what our body needs...crazy.
Yea but it doesn't have bacon around it. I like when it has bacon on it.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:47 pm

going for my first real run in almost a month tonight. Shortly after the GNC mile that I ran in mid July, I found out that my C1 in my neck was way out of alignment and was causing a feeling similar to that of vertigo when I ran. Three weeks worth of adjustments and there's a noticeable difference.

Probably a wise choice to stay off the treadmill, so I'm gonna shoot for a lap or two around the neighborhood as a starter and go from there.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:54 pm

I just ordered a phone carrier for running... need to get back into it. I haven't run a single mile since early April. I also need to change my gym membership. I've been to the gym exactly once since my daughter was born. We're going to get a family membership at the YMCA. They have a pool that we can sign up for baby swim time/lessons. They have free (well... "free") group fitness stuff, which I think I'll enjoy, and if all else fails, they have all the same stuff my gym has, so hopefully, I'll carve out some time to go at least once a week.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:58 pm

I have another 5k coming up next week. Hoping to improve on the 28:50 run on the last one. Then the Lemieux 6.6k in October. I'm sure we will do another in the fall. I think I've done 5 or 6 since last year now. I still don't like running, but at least when there are other people around in a race format I don't hate it that much.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Grapefruit is a chore, I'll give you that...I can get by without it...
I know you said you had some ailments (Crohn's, maybe?). I don't know if you are on any kind of daily medication, but if you are, be very careful with grapefruit as it has a lot of interactions and can **** up your liver.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks for that. I do have Crohn's, but I am to a point where I take no prescription meds thankfully...

My liver is wrecked by just regular tequila drinking thank you very much...

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:11 pm

I'm not sure if I'm reading too far between the lines here; you're not giving up chicken patties and pasta sides, right?

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:59 pm

My dinners remain the same, particularly because they are post-workout and need some protein and calories for that...I've cleaned them up a bit (until tonight, I went to a nice Jewish deli near me and pigged out a bit)...last night was a tuna wrap and zucchini, for instance...

I wasn't fat on chicken patty though...so they'll likely work their way back in quickly...it's just such a son of a dick to go shopping...

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:05 pm

I eat pasta sides several times a week. No Shame. Quick and easy.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Health and Fitness

Postby iamjs » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 pm

going for my first real run in almost a month tonight. Shortly after the GNC mile that I ran in mid July, I found out that my C1 in my neck was way out of alignment and was causing a feeling similar to that of vertigo when I ran. Three weeks worth of adjustments and there's a noticeable difference.

Probably a wise choice to stay off the treadmill, so I'm gonna shoot for a lap or two around the neighborhood as a starter and go from there.
Update: meh. didn't feel as good as I thought I would. Not sure if it's from not running in awhile but everything just felt wrong, if that makes any sense. One lap that wasn't even a mile and I called it a night.

tjand72

Health and Fitness

Postby tjand72 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:28 pm

It's more than none.

NAN

Health and Fitness

Postby NAN » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:30 am

All of my friends are doing this keto diet now. They dropped a crap load of weight in the first few weeks, but to me it's just another fad. They are doing protein bombs and eating a crap load of just meat and cheeses. I've read where the rapid weight loss at the beginning is mainly water weight.

Anyone else do this? Just seems like a stricter Atkins diet. And is more of a short term thing than long term.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:39 am

All diets are just CICO via a different name. In keto, as with a lot of diets, the initial loss is water and less stuff (I say it that way for your delicate ears, NAN) in your system.

Morkle

Health and Fitness

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:57 am

All of my friends are doing this keto diet now. They dropped a crap load of weight in the first few weeks, but to me it's just another fad. They are doing protein bombs and eating a crap load of just meat and cheeses. I've read where the rapid weight loss at the beginning is mainly water weight.

Anyone else do this? Just seems like a stricter Atkins diet. And is more of a short term thing than long term.
I had a friend on the keto diet, dropped a ton of weight, then plateaued and put it back on after a month or two, all the while stressing themselves out with macros, etc.

count2infinity

Health and Fitness

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm

I can hear two... how do I put this delicately. Ummm, fat people. I can hear two fat people over in our sales department right now discussing what foods are healthiest for you. Now I used to be a fat guy. I get it. I thought I was eating a healthy diet because I'd have a side of veggies and a salad every so often, but damn. I know for a fact that one of them drinks heavily almost nightly and the other eats like sh*t. He was just talking this morning about how he was out at place last night eating gravy covered french fries and wings. jfc.

mikey

Health and Fitness

Postby mikey » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Down about 6 pounds in the last week...feelin' good. Down to 156, based on previous estimations, I would guess that body fat % has dipped under 12% again...

Silentom

Health and Fitness

Postby Silentom » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm assuming 150lbs of that is in your legs, otherwise you'd be blown over by a stiff breeze at 156lbs.