Health and Fitness

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:13 am

Did my first "real" ride this morning. 7:30am hip hop ride with Ally Love. Clipped in fine, started fine, but like 5 minutes in...the seat fell to the lowest setting. Must not have had it tightened enough.

I struggled for a minute until my wife heard me swearing and she came down and adjusted it back up and tightened it haha. I felt like I was stuck unless I clipped out, and I couldn't get it back up easily myself. It was tough restarting after that minute of not doing much. Felt like I lost my mojo a bit.

The out of the saddle stuff is definetley going to take some getting used to as is the resistance. Tougher than I thought. Not a bad first ride, but I need to get my HR monitor going for the next ride before I start. Either the one they sent me, or my Garmin.

You can see my drop out here heh.

https://members.onepeloton.com/profile/ ... 5d96a245c0

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:16 am

If you put your finger in the center of the screen and hold it there it will pause the class. It will drop you out of the leaderboard but you won't miss any of the class.

I had something similar happen to me in that I hopped on and started not realizing I didn't change it from my wife's setting. I just stuck with it, though. Felt like a clown on a tiny tricycle.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:40 am

Did my first "real" ride this morning. 7:30am hip hop ride with Ally Love. Clipped in fine, started fine, but like 5 minutes in...the seat fell to the lowest setting. Must not have had it tightened enough.
the few times I've ridden a "real" Peloton this has driven me crazy. I guess you can't have it both ways though. it's either ultimate adjustability or good stability. (holes in the seat post)

I knew it wouldn't take you long to blow past me in The Annual :lol:

(changed my LB name to PawsOnYourBack)

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:57 am

He has over 50 rides and just got his bike yesterday. :lol:

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:59 am

the few times I've ridden a "real" Peloton this has driven me crazy. I guess you can't have it both ways though. it's either ultimate adjustability or good stability. (holes in the seat post)

I knew it wouldn't take you long to blow past me in The Annual :lol:

(changed my LB name to PawsOnYourBack)
Makes sense if there are no screw holes on the actual seat base why it may slip. I noticed your name change a few days ago.

My numbers are so high because beyond the bike stuff, my wife wanted to do shadowboxing, and yoga, and meditation....and now we are in the middle of a strength course. It's been alot haha.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:00 am

He has over 50 rides and just got his bike yesterday. :lol:
I tried to hold off on 50 until I actually got the bike...but missed it by one I think. :lol:

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:10 am

I have 50 minutes of strength classes and 30 minutes of yoga staring me in the face later today thanks to my wife...so that ride may be the only one today haha.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:13 am

was your wife doing classes under your profile?

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:18 am

was your wife doing classes under your profile?
No she has her own separate profile (part of her motivation is getting badges and rewards for doing things on her profile haha). We just do programs together, so lots of the stuff she did, I did as well, but both under our own individual profiles.

I was just saying that I wouldn't have had nearly as many minutes if I hadn't taken those classes with her. It's not like I was chomping at the bit to do 3 weeks of Yoga :lol: :lol:

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:22 am

I just looked my wife has 973 minutes under her own profile....so probably 800 or so of those minutes are things we have done together (shadowboxing, yoga, meditation etc) that I may not have done if she didn't want to. All the other minutes are my bike rides I've done.

I'm sure I could find the breakdown somewhere of my actual bike ride minutes.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:25 am

We have a TV in our gym that has a Firestick. So when the wife and I work out together I'll start the class under my profile on the bike and also under her profile on the TV.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:27 am

I was just saying that I wouldn't have had nearly as many minutes if I hadn't taken those classes with her. It's not like I was chomping at the bit to do 3 weeks of Yoga :lol: :lol:
oh Hell yeah. that Yoga program eats up a TON of minutes. 3 weeks, 7 days a week. my SO did it and was tired of it by mid week 2 but she did finish. I'd like to do it but some days I just don't have that extra time.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:28 am

Do you have two bikes? Or are you doing different things at the same time?

I mean I guess we did the same thing before we got the bike. I'd start it on my phone under my profile, and she'd start it on her phone under her profile and cast it to the tv so we could do whatever we needed to do together but under each of our own profiles.

I do recommend the shadowboxing program though. Its really alot of fun and a good workout.
Last edited by skullman80 on Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:30 am

oh Hell yeah. that Yoga program eats up a TON of minutes. 3 weeks, 7 days a week. my SO did it and was tired of it by mid week 2 but she did finish. I'd like to do it but some days I just don't have that extra time.
Today is the end of week 2 for us. I would have like to had a break at least every once in a while. Doing it every day for 3 weeks straight is pushing it, but I will push though. I'm not that flexible but I'm giving it my best shot. Once my wife bought actual yoga mats, and blocks, and straps and stuff I had to commit to going through the whole thing.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:30 am

As a curiosity, you can export all of your workout data into a .csv file from your profile. The average duration of a class for me is 26.5 minutes. I don't do warm-up and cool-down classes, the classes already have that in them to begin with. When I get a prompt to high-five someone that is doing their 45th ride in a row or whatever I just assume they're padding their numbers with these micro-rides. When I did my push for 100 through January I was doing full-length classes and it wore me the hell out, and I'm a strong rider.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:33 am

As a curiosity, you can export all of your workout data into a .csv file from your profile. The average duration of a class for me is 26.5 minutes. I don't do warm-up and cool-down classes, the classes already have that in them to begin with. When I get a prompt to high-five someone that is doing their 45th ride in a row or whatever I just assume they're padding their numbers with these micro-rides. When I did my push for 100 through January I was doing full-length classes and it wore me the hell out, and I'm a strong rider.
I don't do warm up rides. Every once in a while i'll do a cool down, but for the most part mine are all 20 or 30 minute rides. Where can you export from your profile cause now I'm curious.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:34 am

Yeah, that wasn't directed at you. Or anyone here. :lol:

I wish the full-length classes would drop the warm-up and cool downs. If they're going to push us to do them let me curate my own ride experience.

On desktop go to your profile, and then your Workouts tab. The Download Workouts button is on the top right.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:39 am

I religiously do warmups and cool downs but not to pad my ride count.
most classes have a hefty warm up but I use the warm up classes to make sure everything is hooked up and working correctly, especially if I'm doing a live ride. if I had an actual Peloton I likely wouldn't need this. for cool downs, the in-ride cool downs are usually less than a minute. especially for rides longer than 30 minutes, I need longer than that to flush out my legs.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:54 am

Looks like I'm averaging around 20 minutes or so a ride based on the export. I do more 20 minute rides than I thought, I guess I usually do two 20 minute rides a day, or a 30 minute then a 10/15 minute ride later on.

My wife yells at me all the time for not stretching properly afterwards. I'm trying to get better at that.

I'm trying to build up the confidence to tackle Kendall's 45 minute Metallica ride...but I'm legit scared for my life on that one.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 am

Both our wives are in the PT field, right? Mine gave up about 20 years ago in telling me to stretch. We would go on 7-mile runs and as soon as I got to the finish I would collapse on the ground and just lay there. :lol:
She'd tell me that I was going to have a heart attack or severely cramp. So far so good.

Dickie Dunn

Health and Fitness

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:07 am

The Metallica ride is awesome and stretching is the most boring thing in the world. There's nothing in the world that can occupy my attention span enough to consistently stretch.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:10 am

Both our wives are in the PT field, right? Mine gave up about 20 years ago in telling me to stretch. We would go on 7-mile runs and as soon as I got to the finish I would collapse on the ground and just lay there. :lol:
She'd tell me that I was going to have a heart attack or severely cramp. So far so good.
She's a PA not a PT, but she tells me the reason I can't do yoga is because I don't stretch enough, and she's afraid that I'm going to cramp up and die haha.

When we do yoga I can't straighten my leg much at all sitting if I lean forward...I always have to bend. My hamstings are super right, but I don't have it in me to consistently stretch.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:52 pm

I don't do as many stretch classes as I would like, but I have taken my favorite stretches from a few classes and integrated them into my golf stretch routine that I do before a golf session.

This one is a real good generalized full body stretch that I've done a few times: https://members.onepeloton.com/classes/ ... caf020f8e9

This one targets the hips and she does amazing stuff, some of the stretches are only a few inches of movement but they're so well targeted that you feel really great after you're done: https://members.onepeloton.com/classes/ ... a6e7ee856e

Shyster, my man, how much are you loving this thread?

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm

I like this one as a nice quick one for hips:
https://members.onepeloton.com/classes/ ... 8fb08d6c36

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:54 pm

Good to know. It's tough to tell what's in the post or pre-routine stretches so I do not do them.