Health and Fitness

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:48 pm

I don't really care about the speakers because I ride with headphones on all of the time. And since it has a headphone jack you could plug it into aftermarket speakers if you wanted. I think the Bike+ screen is 32" instead of 28".

Congrats on finishing the test, shaf. You'll like having the graph turned on for future rides. Also, if you really feel your FTP is too low you can change it to whatever you want in the Device Settings on the bike. I'd try out some PZ rides first just to be sure. Or you can just retake the test in a few days.
@dodint one other question since you are a garmin guy like me. Does your garmin connect to the peleton, or do you use the peleton branded heart rate monitor?
The Garmin will broadcast your heartrate to the bike and the bike will integrate that information into the Peloton stat tracking, on screen and in your workout summary. What I do is start a generic Cardio event on the watch and let that run while I'm biking, then 'discard' the Cardio event when I finish the class. Otherwise the watch might go into sleep mode if it doesn't know you're using it.
If you want your rides to sync back to Garmin Connect like mine do, you'll need a third-party service at $24.99/yr. https://syncmyworkout.com/ will do it and it's been really good for me, and they have family plans for multiple riders on the same account. I can help you set it up, once it's set up you don't have to log back in again.
Do you need to buy the peloton shoes? I can just use my Nike's right? haha.
I bought on 0% APR using Affirm through Peloton.
If you don't want to clip in you'll have to buy cages at a bike shop and change them over. But you really should clip in. I bought my shoes and cleats on Amazon, they're not Peloton specific.

My Shoes, there are others: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WJD424M
Cleats, you must have delta style cleats to use stock pedals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093XPCDK/
Seat Cover, avoid the ass pain: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015TGEV0Y/

One thing about shoes is that you're putting very little pressure on them so I can't imagine they matter much. I have almost 800 miles on mine and they're still brand new. I think you can probably go cheap here if you don't walk around in them like a weirdo. My wife got the Peloton shoes and they look comfy but, again, our bike is right next to the bench so who cares. Looking back I'd probably get shoes half that price as they don't wear.
Another TV character had a heart attack from a Pelaton, FWIW. It's a show a few of us watch so I won't spoil it
Google spoiled this for me by putting a picture of the character in the thumbnail. **** pricks.

DigitalGypsy66

Health and Fitness

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:58 pm

That's how I found out, too. Dumb. So dumb.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:52 pm

@shoeshine boy @dodint @shafnutz05 Thanks for all the info. Gonna talk to the wife tonight see if she wants to do this too...if so will just get the package deal that comes with shoes for us both and heart rate monitors etc. It's only 5$/ more a month through the 0.0% apr affirm thing. I went through their preapproval and they approved me for like 8k or something.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:01 pm

In all seriousness, it's been great for my wife and I but it will have to be right for you and your situation. I know how much you already bike now and I do think you'd enjoy going to something more immersive.

I didn't know about this until right now, but I can give you a referral code that gets you $100 off your accessories if you punch it in while you make your purchase. I end up getting $100 towards Peloton apparel if you use it (probably enough for a small towel or bandana). You have to be a hardware owner to get a code so you'd have to get it from shaf, FistOfCaufield, or I, not sure anyone else has one.

This is the program:
For every Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread or Tread+ ("Hardware") purchased using your unique referral code, you'll receive up to $100 off your next purchase at the online Peloton Boutique. The person you referred will receive up to $100 towards accessories purchased with their Hardware.*

Your referral code will be valid in any country where Peloton delivers, and you can refer up to 12 purchases a year, so spread the word!

Valid for Peloton Hardware purchased in countries where Peloton delivers. Referral code must be used at time of purchase. Currency of reward is contingent upon country of residence. Exchange rates and limitations may apply. Valid while supplies last. Peloton reserves the right to modify, change, update or cancel this program at any time and may refuse to honor codes in cases of abuse or transfer. Void where prohibited. View full terms for details

*View full terms here. Valid for Bikes purchased in the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom and Treads purchased in the US. Not valid outside Peloton's delivery areas. Currency of reward is contingent upon country of residence. Exchange rates and limitations may apply. Valid while supplies last. Peloton reserves the right to cancel or limit this program in its sole discretion at any time. Void where prohibited.
I'll PM you the referral code if you want to use it, or you can get one from shaf.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:12 pm

All you dodint!

Honestly, the first time I tried it, my first thought was "what in the hell was I thinking, I hate stationary bikes" :lol:

I've been converted. I love to run, but really like having a legit intense workout I can do inside. And one that will be much kinder to my joints as I get older

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:17 pm

In all seriousness, it's been great for my wife and I but it will have to be right for you and your situation. I know how much you already bike now and I do think you'd enjoy going to something more immersive.

I didn't know about this until right now, but I can give you a referral code that gets you $100 off your accessories if you punch it in while you make your purchase. I end up getting $100 towards Peloton apparel if you use it (probably enough for a small towel or bandana). You have to be a hardware owner to get a code so you'd have to get it from shaf, FistOfCaufield, or I, not sure anyone else has one.

This is the program:
For every Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread or Tread+ ("Hardware") purchased using your unique referral code, you'll receive up to $100 off your next purchase at the online Peloton Boutique. The person you referred will receive up to $100 towards accessories purchased with their Hardware.*

Your referral code will be valid in any country where Peloton delivers, and you can refer up to 12 purchases a year, so spread the word!

Valid for Peloton Hardware purchased in countries where Peloton delivers. Referral code must be used at time of purchase. Currency of reward is contingent upon country of residence. Exchange rates and limitations may apply. Valid while supplies last. Peloton reserves the right to modify, change, update or cancel this program at any time and may refuse to honor codes in cases of abuse or transfer. Void where prohibited. View full terms for details

*View full terms here. Valid for Bikes purchased in the United States, Canada or the United Kingdom and Treads purchased in the US. Not valid outside Peloton's delivery areas. Currency of reward is contingent upon country of residence. Exchange rates and limitations may apply. Valid while supplies last. Peloton reserves the right to cancel or limit this program in its sole discretion at any time. Void where prohibited.
I'll PM you the referral code if you want to use it, or you can get one from shaf.
Thanks for the referral code. Yeah you see how much I bike in the garmin app. I do an hour or so 5-6 days a week. I do want something more immersive. I want something to challenge myself as I think I'm a bit lax right now with my rides. Hoping this will help.

Shall see what the wife says once she gets home. She hates riding the current bike, but if I tell her about the classes and such she might get on board and want to do it.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:18 pm

All you dodint!

Honestly, the first time I tried it, my first thought was "what in the hell was I thinking, I hate stationary bikes" :lol:

I've been converted. I love to run, but really like having a legit intense workout I can do inside. And one that will be much kinder to my joints as I get older
Yeah I haven't ran in a while, still need to get back to that, but I do bike daily...just want something new and more challenging. I think having people to compare myself against and stuff will really help me push myself.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:19 pm

My wife runs a lot more than she bikes. She hasn't thrown herself into it as much as I have. She thought that because our really nice treadmill died she'd use the bike a bunch over the winter at least, but really she uses is to supplement her year-round running regimen. But she was a high school and college runner and she's not been bored by it yet. I love running but at my weight it's just too much of a risk so I'm only biking for now. Hopefully, by summer I can run comfortably outside again.
As someone that used to run I'm sincerely amazed that I can get this intense of a workout without having my joints and back sore the next day. :lol:

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:04 am

Shall see what the wife says once she gets home. She hates riding the current bike, but if I tell her about the classes and such she might get on board and want to do it.
show her pics of some of the male instructors. that might sway her.
Denis is popular with the Over 40 crowd:
and Cody is popular with just about everyone:
most of the rest just look very British. :lol:
Last edited by shoeshine boy on Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:07 am

My wife loves Cody. He talks too much for me. I've taken a couple of Denis PZ classes, he's okay.

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:09 am

My wife loves Cody. He talks too much for me. I've taken a couple of Denis PZ classes, he's okay.
I don't disagree. he keeps it fun for sure but most of the time I'm just like, "yes, we get it! you're gay and you love Britney Spears!" :lol:

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:12 am

I am a big fan of Denis.

Agree on Cody :lol: He's okay but damn dude, we get it.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:28 am

Talked to the wife ..she is on board..so order is in. Earliest delivery was March 10th :-(, but can't control that.

Did the highest Bike package which included two sets of shoes, two heart rate monitors, two bottles, mat, earbuds etc. @dodint used your code you sent me so thanks for that..hopefully you get a kickback on it. 0.0% financing softens the blow a bit I guess haha.

It seems I can download the app ahead of time and set some things up so will do that.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:29 am

Welcome! Mshaffer526 for when you get your account set up. You'll really enjoy it. Congrats :thumb:

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:31 am

welcome aboard! drop your handle when you get a chance. :)
mine is Loki_is_a_Kat

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:40 am

Added you both. I'm skullman80 on there... original i know haha.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:42 am

Earliest delivery was March 10th :-(, but can't control that.

@dodint used your code you sent me so thanks for that..hopefully you get a kickback on it.

It seems I can download the app ahead of time and set some things up so will do that.
I'll get a $100 gift card for Peloton apparel. Get me one of those sweet, sweet riding jerseys.

You can thank FistofCaufiled for this, but you might be able to speed up that delivery date. I was originally quoted three months and received mine in about three weeks. In your confirmation e-mail there is a link to reschedule your appointment. It was intended for people to be able to move around their delivery day if there was a conflict, but it turns out if more Peloton units are allocated to your area you can request a much earlier delivery date. Make it a habit of checking the link every day and jump on an earlier date; they will not contact you.
This link shows the process: https://support.onepeloton.com/hc/en-gb ... scheduling

And yeah, you should be able to get into the Digital subscription for free right now. I did some strength and stretching before my bike arrived.
My username is 'dodint'.

Really looking forward to having you on there. I know how much you ride now so it'll be fun trying to keep up. :D

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:47 am

So a couple dumb questions with the app/profiles.

I know I can set up multiple profiles on the bike, but can I do that on the app too? Like one for me and one for my wife, or is that a bike only thing?

If I pick a cycling class from the App and schedule it does that mean it just plays back the class and I can just do it when i want? Do I still get credit for it even if I don't have my peleton, but I have the app?

Sorry for the newbie questions haha.

shafnutz05

Health and Fitness

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:49 am

I know I can set up multiple profiles on the bike, but can I do that on the app too? Like one for me and one for my wife, or is that a bike only thing?

If I pick a cycling class from the App and schedule it does that mean it just plays back the class and I can just do it when i want? Do I still get credit for it even if I don't have my peleton, but I have the app?

When my wife set hers up on the bike she used her email, so I would think that would be included.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:51 am

You'll get one profile until your hardware shows up. I guess if you're on iOS you can do some app store trick that ssb was talking about.

There is a big database of on-demand classes you can take and start immediately. There is also a schedule of live rides that happen in real-time. The live rides will be added to the database when they're over. If you 'schedule' a class that means you'll get a notification 10 minutes before the live class starts.
You can also 'stack' classes so they'll start one right after another.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:52 am

When my wife set hers up on the bike she used her email, so I would think that would be included.
Yeah I figured on the bike you would do that, but if we don't have the bike yet can you do it on just the app itself...have two different profiles?

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:59 am

You're on complimentary early access through a Digital Subscription until your bike shows up. That entitles you to one profile.
The day your bike arrives you'll be changed to Peloton All-Access Membership. All of your history and stats will follow you onto the new subscription. At that time you'll be able to set up your wife's profile.

Now, shoeshine boy says there is a loophole with the Apple store that allows for multiple profiles but I don't know how that works.

skullman80

Health and Fitness

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:00 am

You're on complimentary early access through a Digital Subscription until your bike shows up. That entitles you to one profile.
The day your bike arrives you'll be changed to Peloton All-Access Membership. All of your history and stats will follow you onto the new subscription. At that time you'll be able to set up your wife's profile.

Now, shoeshine boy says there is a loophole with the Apple store that allows for multiple profiles but I don't know how that works.
:thumb:

I'm on a droid, wife is on an iphone....in any event she is going to have to wait till the bike comes in for her to get her own profile. She wanted to make one now haha.

dodint

Health and Fitness

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:03 am

Yeah, the wife and I shared until the bike showed up. But we were only doing strength, stretching, and cardio so it wasn't a huge deal. You already have a bike so I imagine it will be a little more of a fight.

You can delete workouts from your history when they're over if you don't want her in your stats. I think that's what I did with the wife's because I didn't want her classes in my history.

Keep checking that Reschedule link and get the bike as soon as you can. ;)

shoeshine boy

Health and Fitness

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:08 am

if you pay for Peloton through Apple's app store (you're not) you can enable Family Sharing and add up to 5 profiles to your account. it's a little trick that most app users don't realize and I'm sure Peloton hates.