Job and General Employment Thread

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Putting together a BOM for one of our systems and I am doing my best not to fall asleep.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:09 pm

BOwel Movement?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Butt Operation Mandatory

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:56 pm

Best of Moms

Sounds like a compilation piece. Well done.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:57 pm

Buddies of Mario (any acronym ending in _OM I immediately presume is related to Friends of Mario). Other than Silentom who is not a friend of Mario and is only a friend to Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad puns

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Information

This post has been successfully reported.

Return to the topic last visited

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Just did five back to back performance reviews in a row, in a company that has delayed giving out raises for a couple of months longer than normal/planned. That makes nine done in 24 hours...woof...I need a tequila...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Information

while i agree that slappy should be banned and that your posts are good, you do incriminate yourself with your location

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:41 pm

My location is a ruse to keep the paparazzi off my trail.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm

I almost never use this website on a desktop so I have no idea what the locations of people are.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Same. I don’t think I have ever visited this site in a computer

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Have you ever visited it on a computer?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:26 pm

What’s a computer?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:27 pm

RAGE

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:17 pm

Hah

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Information

while i agree that slappy should be banned and that your posts are good, you do incriminate yourself with your location
5AF reported post meme thieves om and ulf continue their assault on American values

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Just did five back to back performance reviews in a row, in a company that has delayed giving out raises for a couple of months longer than normal/planned. That makes nine done in 24 hours...woof...I need a tequila...
what do these people actually do? Run the checks themselves on the various platforms you guys have purchased access to?

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:31 pm

what do these people actually do? Run the checks themselves on the various platforms you guys have purchased access to?
I have people that call prior employers and obtain information -- the Dept. of Transportation (as part of FMCSR 391.23) requires a source documentation for drivers who held DOT-regulated positions in the past three years (i.e. we have to fax or e-mail a document over to a prior employer WRT the candidate's driver history).

We have people that handle motor vehicle records, people that handle criminal records, people that handle workers' compensation claims history searches...then there's other miscellany: data entry (for our especially lazy clients), QA, various other odds and ends).

We have a platform...it is tied into a subset of vendors...some of the work is nauseatingly manual, namely verifications of employment...

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:43 pm

I have people that call prior employers and obtain information -- the Dept. of Transportation (as part of FMCSR 391.23) requires a source documentation for drivers who held DOT-regulated positions in the past three years (i.e. we have to fax or e-mail a document over to a prior employer WRT the candidate's driver history).

We have people that handle motor vehicle records, people that handle criminal records, people that handle workers' compensation claims history searches...then there's other miscellany: data entry (for our especially lazy clients), QA, various other odds and ends).

We have a platform...it is tied into a subset of vendors...some of the work is nauseatingly manual, namely verifications of employment...
That's kind of what I was wondering in terms of centralized info and the automation components of this and how much is just straight data entry.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:49 pm

There is no centralized location for anything substantial really...criminal records are located at the county level, maybe about half the counties in NY you could say you don't need to go deeper than the state level. That "FBI database" you hear about is bunk...it *might* have half of the criminal records out there if you don't count anything in the last 6-12 months (including updates like VOPs, expunction, etc.)

Motor vehicle records are state level.

Nothing exists for employment.

For years, centralization of this information in the DOT field especially is talked about and even written into regulation...but like most things in the government, it just dies, is never enforced or never gets off the ground practically...

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Information

5AF reported post meme thieves om and ulf continue their assault on American values
We are fighting the good fight...one capitalist at a time.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:09 pm

There is no centralized location for anything substantial really...criminal records are located at the county level, maybe about half the counties in NY you could say you don't need to go deeper than the state level. That "FBI database" you hear about is bunk...it *might* have half of the criminal records out there if you don't count anything in the last 6-12 months (including updates like VOPs, expunction, etc.)

Motor vehicle records are state level.

Nothing exists for employment.

For years, centralization of this information in the DOT field especially is talked about and even written into regulation...but like most things in the government, it just dies, is never enforced or never gets off the ground practically...
Yea, what little I know about it thats adjacent to my day job is there is very little in the way of centralization; I assume the only hook here was a third party vendor that's aggregating or scraping data in real time from these various systems on a pay basis, which is why I asked about that subscription component. Seems like it's even worse than I thought

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Data aggregators fall under a different subsection of the FCRA and are dealt with in a little different way. I recently did a sample of 90 profiles with one of these data aggregators...of the 90, four returned "incorrect" (for lack of a better term, maybe non-contemporary would be better) results...including missing three active warrants...there's a price that you pay for turnaround time sometimes and considering how often most of our clients are exposed to police or policing type elements, it's not a good idea to skimp...

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm

My (small) employer pays our medical insurance premiums for us in the form of wire transfers every month and then we pay each of our private insurance companies. When I first started they were sent to us on the 1st or 2nd of the month. For the past six months or so they weren't coming until the 7th or 8th and that was after me asking my boss (also CEO who also controls the reimbursements) about them and then she goes and checks on them. A week ago, we get an email from boss that says basically reimbursements are going to be delayed this month and the bank suddenly said there was an issue about the way the wires were done before and needed fixed, and that it would take a few days to be fixed. So I have had to front the premium payments myself while waiting for reimbursements.

Also, we had to send in expense reports for the invoices from the insurance companies before money would be sent. The expense report thing for medical reimbursements has never happened before in the five years I worked there and didn't know there was an issue with how the wire transfers were configured with the bank. Is that a thing for the bank to suddenly realize they aren't setup right?

Think is just a mixup or should I be worried of some other problems?

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:16 pm

I think you should be cautious concerned about why the company seems to be. I can see asking for an expense report for reimbursement of costs that you had to pay out, but the wire transfer suddenly not working is a bit suspect. i produce these wire transfers for my current company for a few of our benefit programs. Once set up, these processes don't fail all of a sudden. It could be fully legit, but there could be something else there.