Job and General Employment Thread

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:57 am

60sixx for you sake I hope they can him, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy these updates. They are almost completely unbelievable.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Holy hell...can't you just have him killed...? I don't want to take the chance of him accidentally reproducing...
Just drive him out to mile marker 166 and drop him off...
:lol:

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:05 pm

60sixx, this is how I imagine Stan now. How is he that stupid?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:25 pm

Do the American thing. Bully Stan until he quits. Or frame him

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:31 pm

60sixx for you sake I hope they can him, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy these updates. They are almost completely unbelievable.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mildly amused too. But when I got the "let's put a list together of items you can give Stan to finish your work" line yesterday - KABOOM.

I hope he gets canned too. I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but I also think it's BS to keep someone on who is so patently unqualified.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Source of the post I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but I also think it's BS to keep someone on who is so patently unqualified.
This is not at all similar to your main issue with Stan, but our interim CTO is borderline incompetent, knows nothing of technology, and is the worst kind of micro manager (my boss has to provider her with a bulleted list of the week's work every Friday). The permanent position is down to her and a guy who everyone keeps referring to as Captain America, because he can do everything. Tech savvy, sharp as a tack, etc. She'll likely get the job because a) she's a woman (diversity is big here, to the point that I think it can do more harm than good in certain situations), and b) she's gal pals with the CIO.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:40 pm

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mildly amused too. But when I got the "let's put a list together of items you can give Stan to finish your work" line yesterday - KABOOM.

I hope he gets canned too. I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but I also think it's BS to keep someone on who is so patently unqualified.
In this case it seems more like they'd be being removed from a job they didn't deserve rather than losing it. Diversity is great but not when it supersedes being about to perform the tasks.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Source of the post I don't want to see anyone lose their job, but I also think it's BS to keep someone on who is so patently unqualified.
This is not at all similar to your main issue with Stan, but our interim CTO is borderline incompetent, knows nothing of technology, and is the worst kind of micro manager (my boss has to provider her with a bulleted list of the week's work every Friday). The permanent position is down to her and a guy who everyone keeps referring to as Captain America, because he can do everything. Tech savvy, sharp as a tack, etc. She'll likely get the job because a) she's a woman (diversity is big here, to the point that I think it can do more harm than good in certain situations), and b) she's gal pals with the CIO.
Crap like this annoys the living hell out of me. :evil: What a world we live in.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:00 pm

Holy hell...can't you just have him killed...? I don't want to take the chance of him accidentally reproducing...
Just drive him out to mile marker 166 and drop him off...
Is this a specific reference, or just a joke about dropping someone off in the middle of nowhere? Mile marker 166 is pretty close to Breezewood so thought that might be related

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:03 pm

Hmm...ok don't panic. Ask the woman if she wants to go to the park...drive east on I-80 to mile marker 166.6. Let woman out. Drive west on I-80 home. Then chase moolah.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Hmm...ok don't panic. Ask the woman if she wants to go to the park...drive east on I-80 to mile marker 166.6. Let woman out. Drive west on I-80 home. Then chase moolah.
Ahh, I did see that post but wasn't sure if that was in specific reference to anything. FWIW, I'm familiar with that part of I-80 and it is indeed in the middle of BFE :lol:

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:19 pm

;)

NAN

Postby NAN » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:33 pm

Crap like this annoys the living hell out of me. :evil: What a world we live in.
Damn Liberals.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:00 pm

So I relayed a story last week about a former colleague that was in the running to be my new boss. I just got a text from another friend I used to work with, and she was letting me know that a recruiter reached out to her about the same position at my company and she wanted to talk to me about it. Seriously, what are the fricking chances of this? We live in one of the most populated metro areas in the country and within one week, I've had two former colleagues be recruited to be my boss.

I'm actually FB friends with this one, as we used to sit right next to each other and were peers. I like her but again, it creates a weird dynamic. On the other hand, it could be nice.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:03 pm

@mikey got another one for ya...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:08 pm

On the other hand, it could be nice.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:08 am

OO5AFSS:

Oh. God.

Stan is still trying to deal with state agency and the alleged $150k we owe. Today he comes flying over to my desk and says he talked to the state agent, we were refunded more than we had on account. I say, I'm not sure I understand. He says, "Do you want to talk to him? I have him on the phone right now." WTF dude. Sure, let me do your job for you (you ass) because you don't comprehend either language or concepts. So I say, "fine" and go to get up from my desk and he says "Oh no, I have him right here on my cell phone!" and proudly holds up a janky iPhone with a busted screen.

In other words, STILL DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO USE AN EFFING DESK PHONE.

So, I take the phone. And it. Was. Gummy. Like if you took it from a toddler.

I held it together but now I want to go home and scrub myself with Borax.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:23 am

At what point is murder acceptable?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 am

well did you pay the $150k your deadbeat company owes?

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am

Turns out we only owe the $4k that was billed originally. No explanation as to why we thought $150k was owed. The state agency must be "broken."

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:29 am

KILL HIM!

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:30 am

This is great.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:35 am

Co-worker flat out asked him what the what with the desk phone. "I don't like to hold it up to my face."

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 am

kill this man...do it now...

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:47 am

"Stan" works for "the state". easy peasy, shoot his kneesies