Job and General Employment Thread

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:22 am

Yeah, we have some people like that...it's not a problem, but I know that some people just assume the cleaning service will get it...but the cleaning service only takes out the trash, it appears as if they don't do anything else...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 pm

I decided to check my work emails last night so I wouldn't be overwhelmed when I came back from vacation this morning. I had an email from the president of our company with like six action items that he wanted all to be done by lunchtime on Monday. Several of them said something to the effect of "the things you've researched over the last week and a half"...I'm genuinely not sure if he knew I was on vacation, but he should have.

He apparently has also been assigning a ton of work to my new boss...who doesn't start until next Monday.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Sounds like you should be updating your resume...

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:51 pm

An extremely high-up (read: top) member of my employer has now reported twice that he/she could not access a door that he/she should be able to.
He/she has access, and everything works fine. But because a little green LED is burned out, he/she doesn't try the door after presenting his/her card. And apparently does not hear the very audible click of the door unlocking.
I find this to be hilarious. Amazing how a little LED can stymie years of education and experience.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:52 pm

I'm laughing at both that story and the fact that you spoilered it.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:54 pm

Gotta spoiler good reveals!

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Does he/she not like gendered pronouns?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:56 pm

They prefer the use of "they" rather than he/she...or so HR tells me.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:57 pm

I don't pretend to be politically correct.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:01 pm

Or correct about anything for that matter.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Hah. Classic LBL.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Getting close to leaving the gubermint. A couple senior management positions I applied and interviewed for, with more interviews/2nd interviews scheduled. Though I won’t leave for just anything, two of these positions come just short of an annual salary with a 2 followed by 5 zeros. Not sure I could turn that down.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Nice, good luck!

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:23 pm

lol'd at LBL

And damn...200,000 mazoolians? Holy shlamola! Whaddya gonna do with all that kablingy?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Buy about 1.6m MAGA hats?

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Buy about 1.6m MAGA hats?
Only if you buy them direct from the Chinese factory.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:28 pm

lol'd at LBL

And damn...200,000 mazoolians? Holy shlamola! Whaddya gonna do with all that kablingy?
I hope I get to find out haha.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:57 pm

Getting close to leaving the gubermint. A couple senior management positions I applied and interviewed for, with more interviews/2nd interviews scheduled. Though I won’t leave for just anything, two of these positions come just short of an annual salary with a 2 followed by 5 zeros. Not sure I could turn that down.
2,000.00 isn't that high. :mrgreen:

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 pm

With all that extra cash, I hope it means you will have less time to spend on this here website

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:24 pm

2,000.00 isn't that high. :mrgreen:
Depends on where the job is located. A 200k salary in Pittsburgh means living high on the hog. A 200k salary in San Francisco means eating ramen noodles while you live in a cardboard box.

mikey

Postby mikey » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:29 pm

@tif

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:13 pm

I’m pretty sure that my boss is close to leaving, which would really, really suck for the entire department. He has picked up the slack of two other managers, one who was fired for generally being useless, yet faces continual and unfounded criticism from our new, incompetent, and mentally unstable CTO.

This woman is batshit crazy, and has already driven three highly skilled employees to resign. She went postal on him the other day because she saw non-standard hardware in our cubes, and wanted to know who the hell approved any of it. My boss had to remind this cretin that our team is responsible for all of the hardware in the entire organization, and that hardware was our test gear for our next line of standards. Because, you know, actually testing what we want to spend millions of dollars on is probably a good idea. To most people, apparently.

We were then forwarded a spreadsheet from Miss Batshit and asked to fill out our major projects/initiatives. Inside that document were her own notes, allowing us to see that she doesn’t even know who two people on another team are, even though they directly reported to her for over four years. You can’t make this kind of crazy up.

We also found out that this contractor that she hired to review our upgrade plan, who is in over his head, and was paid $30k, is a personal friend of hers. I’m not sure if there are rules against this, but I’m looking into it. She is also apparently hiring another friend of hers for a senior director position that is about as qualified for the job as I am for to be a nuclear physicist. Zero IT experience, yet will be a senior director in the group.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Got notified of my first pay increase today (wasn't permanent in time to have a review last year, and pay increases hit at the end of September). Nice little bump, and more than the 1.5% minimum that most get.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:09 pm

I’m pretty sure that my boss is close to leaving, which would really, really suck for the entire department. He has picked up the slack of two other managers, one who was fired for generally being useless, yet faces continual and unfounded criticism from our new, incompetent, and mentally unstable CTO.

This woman is batshit crazy, and has already driven three highly skilled employees to resign. She went postal on him the other day because she saw non-standard hardware in our cubes, and wanted to know who the hell approved any of it. My boss had to remind this cretin that our team is responsible for all of the hardware in the entire organization, and that hardware was our test gear for our next line of standards. Because, you know, actually testing what we want to spend millions of dollars on is probably a good idea. To most people, apparently.

We were then forwarded a spreadsheet from Miss Batshit and asked to fill out our major projects/initiatives. Inside that document were her own notes, allowing us to see that she doesn’t even know who two people on another team are, even though they directly reported to her for over four years. You can’t make this kind of crazy up.

We also found out that this contractor that she hired to review our upgrade plan, who is in over his head, and was paid $30k, is a personal friend of hers. I’m not sure if there are rules against this, but I’m looking into it. She is also apparently hiring another friend of hers for a senior director position that is about as qualified for the job as I am for to be a nuclear physicist. Zero IT experience, yet will be a senior director in the group.
Looks like Stan has some competition.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:05 pm

This person is 1000x more dangerous than Stan.