Job and General Employment Thread

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:17 am

A guy on another team that sits on the other side of the floor is only in the office one day a week and he spends about 80% of that day over here in cube farm hell BS’ing and gets everyone all loud and worked up. So he’s here this morning and it’s all loud, whatever..it happens every week. But then the mini drone comes over my way and hits me in the head. All of this while I’m running a conference call. Good thing I wasn’t speaking at the time and was on mute.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:24 am

I swear sometimes it's like dealing with 5 year olds here. I feel like I have to hold people's hands because they can't comprehend simple instructions that would save everyone time.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:29 am

I swear sometimes it's like dealing with 5 year olds here. I feel like I have to hold people's hands because they can't comprehend simple instructions that would save everyone time.
Same here...

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue May 21, 2019 12:30 pm

And I have to borrow clippers to do it. Otherwise, it's a home thing imo

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Postby iamjs » Tue May 21, 2019 12:32 pm

A guy on another team that sits on the other side of the floor is only in the office one day a week and he spends about 80% of that day over here in cube farm hell BS’ing and gets everyone all loud and worked up. So he’s here this morning and it’s all loud, whatever..it happens every week. But then the mini drone comes over my way and hits me in the head. All of this while I’m running a conference call. Good thing I wasn’t speaking at the time and was on mute.
If that thing would have hit me while on a call, I could have swatted that thing out of the air like I was Godzilla.

So glad that I'm out of cube hell and have my own office.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 am

I’m at a conference right now, and my coworker and I ran into some people we used to work with. After a long night at the bar, I’m 100% certain that they’re going to poach her immediately, and 99% sure that they’re going to try and poach me immediately following.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:57 am

Is that something worthwhile for you? Or are you content where you are now?

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed May 22, 2019 7:07 am

Your wife doesn't mind you out drinking with female coworkers at all hours of the night?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:58 am

Your wife doesn't mind you out drinking with female coworkers at all hours of the night?
I'm not really seeing the big deal. Seems like a healthy relationship built on trust.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 am

Yeah, I'd have no problem with that if it were my wife on the trip. And she doesn't care when it's me. I go up to MN for school and it's basically a week of drinking with some law sprinkled in. ;)

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed May 22, 2019 8:30 am

I'm not really seeing the big deal. Seems like a healthy relationship built on trust.
I wasn't asking how you felt. :) I was thinking of this time I was onsite and another, female, consultant was there in the same hotel and she immediately told me I wasn't allowed in her room. It was the last thing on my mind at the time.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 22, 2019 8:30 am

signed off last night with a nice empty inbox. 21 unread emails when i booted up this morning. buncha f***ing try hards out there screwing up the corporate landscape. we only have to mess up our work life balance because we choose to do so.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Wed May 22, 2019 8:33 am

signed off last night with a nice empty inbox. 21 unread emails when i booted up this morning. buncha f***ing try hards out there screwing up the corporate landscape. we only have to mess up our work life balance because we choose to do so.
I stopped checking email outside of business hours and special circumstances years ago. I'll deal with it in the morning.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:43 am

Is that something worthwhile for you? Or are you content where you are now?
If you asked me this 6 months ago? I’d have said absolutely not before you even finished the sentence. Our CTSO and Senior Director are encouraging a toxic environment with their management style, there’s no direction for IS as a whole, and we’re not getting the support we need to truly innovate. It’s stifling at times, because they fail to recognize that the employees are the strongest asset at a company, and nobody above them seems to care.

So yes, I’d be incredibly interested. I’d actually be working for my last boss, at a fortune 13 company, and working from hike 5 days/week. In fact, a quarter of the team is made up of former coworkers of mine (who all left before I started).
Not at all, just like I have no issues when she goes out with all of her male coworkers. She knows I’m really tight with my coworker, and I’ve been good friends with her boyfriend for going on 15 years now.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 22, 2019 10:46 am

You've been good friends with your wife's boyfriend...? You're a very secure man, respeck.

(sorry that's how I initially read it haha)

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:49 am

I just love people who forget about 8 am meetings that they scheduled.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:23 am

You've been good friends with your wife's boyfriend...? You're a very secure man, respeck.

(sorry that's how I initially read it haha)
:lol: yeah, it does kind of read like that.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Totally how I read that as well.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed May 22, 2019 12:57 pm

I’m at a conference right now, and my coworker and I ran into some people we used to work with. After a long night at the bar, I’m 100% certain that they’re going to poach her immediately, and 99% sure that they’re going to try and poach me immediately following.
I think I know the answer, but just to clarify - people you used to work with and are still at your old company, or people you used to work with who are all at a new company?

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:30 pm

Foursome?! Giggity. Allright

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:42 pm

I think I know the answer, but just to clarify - people you used to work with and are still at your old company, or people you used to work with who are all at a new company?
People who used to work at my current company now all work together at the new company. I clearly was not awake when I wrote that post, lol.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:15 pm

I just love people who forget about 8 am meetings that they scheduled.
Especially when you don’t start work until 9AM and bust your a** to make the 8AM meeting..

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Addendum:

How is it that you can explain the solution to someone TWO **** WEEKS AGO and still have to point out that you told them that when they *continue* to do the thing incorrectly?

I'm going to have a **** aneurysm if they submit this thing incorrectly for a 4th time.

CBear3

Postby CBear3 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:52 pm

Addendum:

How is it that you can explain the solution to someone TWO **** WEEKS AGO and still have to point out that you told them that when they *continue* to do the thing incorrectly?

I'm going to have a **** aneurysm if they submit this thing incorrectly for a 4th time.
So they can have you fix/do it for them.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm

My wife has been in limbo with her job the past few years. Luckily there's light at the end of the tunnel to land a permanent gig. They're having a department retreat next weekend to discuss plans moving forward with the group and the head of the department, who has started to take her under his wing a big lately, told her that she should definitely go. Hopefully she can get into a situation where she's a little happier.