Job and General Employment Thread

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:53 am

You're making all this up...you have to be...

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:57 am

I have a pic of the banana this morning. I just don't know how to put it on here.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:00 am

Does this work? I'm Stan about this stuff.

https://imgur.com/a/a93zftm

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:01 am

1. Go to https://imgur.com/upload
  2. Click on 'Browse' to select the file, or drag it into that box
  3. Once uploaded, right-click within the image itself and select 'Copy Image Location' (or similar if not using Firefox)
  4. When you post it to 5AF, click on the 'Img' button and paste the copied URL within those brackets
Edit: Almost there. See below:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:05 am

If you are using Chrome:
1. Right click the image
2. Select open image in new tab
3. Copy the https link
4. click the img button
5. copy the https link between the brackets
6. remove the s from https
7. success

his is quicker...

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:00 am

Banana update: three more have appeared on his desk. :lol:

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:03 am

Stan is training for his getaway dash

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 am

#Bananagate

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 am

Stan is training for his getaway dash
And he's going to drop the banana peels behind him causing his pursuers to slip and fall.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:20 am

Slightly annoyed today. I've been thrust into a new role within the company here for a new team that doesn't exist. I'm not a manager per-say, but I'm doing everything that incorporates the role of that position. I've done this role for a little over a year now, and was told last year that a manager position would open up, nothing ever happened. Whatever.

Then for next year planning, there is a meeting happening for roles and responsibility, and everyone but our team is accounted for and I was told that I didn't need to attend.

So now my assumption is that there is no manager representing a team that I'm eventually going to have to do the work for, they're hiring a new manager and now keeping me out of that talk, or whatever.

Slightly frustrating, because I've been busting my ass doing what I can to succeed - and don't really see a reason to continue going above and beyond until our roles are more clear.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:22 am

Slightly annoyed today. I've been thrust into a new role within the company here for a new team that doesn't exist. I'm not a manager per-say, but I'm doing everything that incorporates the role of that position. I've done this role for a little over a year now, and was told last year that a manager position would open up, nothing ever happened. Whatever.

Then for next year planning, there is a meeting happening for roles and responsibility, and everyone but our team is accounted for and I was told that I didn't need to attend.

So now my assumption is that there is no manager representing a team that I'm eventually going to have to do the work for, they're hiring a new manager and now keeping me out of that talk, or whatever.

Slightly frustrating, because I've been busting my ass doing what I can to succeed - and don't really see a reason to continue going above and beyond until our roles are more clear.
Why not go to your boss and ask them why you haven't officially been made a manager and directly asking for clarity moving forward?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:27 am

That's what I'm doing on Friday, citing this exact example as to why I feel that it was a mistake. I for my own sake now want to know what the plan is.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:01 pm

Could be because they are discussing making you the manager.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Yea, I think it's more or less an oversight and we ran before we walked here. This usually happens, I'll address it with the boss - but I hate not knowing what's coming if I've been asked to plan for what's coming in 2019 lol.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:05 pm

Testing image embedding thingy - and proof of the banana trifecta

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Maybe he's baking you a banana bread on his lunch break.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 pm

@Morkle - when you say "everyone but our team is accounted for", do you mean the "new team that doesn't exist"? If so, are you sure this unofficial team will happen? Or are you going to get screwed in that respect?

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:18 pm

@Morkle - when you say "everyone but our team is accounted for", do you mean the "new team that doesn't exist"? If so, are you sure this unofficial team will happen? Or are you going to get screwed in that respect?
It's what I'm personally trying to figure out. We were a "team" that would be announced in April. Then that didn't happen due to budget issues. For 2019, we're broken out separately as a team for 2019. So either that's true and we're a team, and we're not. Nobody has said otherwise lol.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:22 pm

You're probably getting canned and they're figuring out how to cover all your work.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Maybe he's baking you a banana bread on his lunch break.
:lol:

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 pm

It's what I'm personally trying to figure out. We were a "team" that would be announced in April. Then that didn't happen due to budget issues. For 2019, we're broken out separately as a team for 2019. So either that's true and we're a team, and we're not. Nobody has said otherwise lol.
Oof.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:05 pm

Oof.
Yea, my thoughts. So that being said, I think I'm gonna take my foot off the pedal a bit and stop stressing, and just wait to hear what comes of anything tomorrow, and bring it up to my boss on Friday.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm

I'm part of an internal design team for a company (already a rarity these days) and our marketing department was hosting a large 2-day summit with all of our agencies. We were not invited to the summit so naturally we all began to panic that the summit was actually to discuss how the company could move all of our design and video work to our agencies and can us in the process.

So our director asked what was up and it turns out the meeting organizer (an admin) didn't think we would want to be included. When he said we should be there, she quickly sent out the invites to all of us. Turns out it was just a misunderstanding and the summit was for the 2019 agency projects and Q&As on how to improve communication. We were definitely not needed there and it was a waste of two full days. Long story short, I wouldn't worry about it.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:10 pm

I'm part of an internal design team for a company (already a rarity these days) and our marketing department was hosting a large 2-day summit with all of our agencies. We were not invited to the summit so naturally we all began to panic that the summit was actually to discuss how the company could move all of our design and video work to our agencies and can us in the process.

So our director asked what was up and it turns out the meeting organizer (an admin) didn't think we would want to be included. When he said we should be there, she quickly sent out the invites to all of us. Turns out it was just a misunderstanding and the summit was for the 2019 agency projects and Q&As on how to improve communication. We were definitely not needed there and it was a waste of two full days. Long story short, I wouldn't worry about it.
And I totally get that. My confusion is simply that I'm apart of the entire four-day summit, and excluded for the two hours I consider the most important to understanding how we're going to work in 2019.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:57 pm

I was getting a little worried about my raise at work because the rest of my team found out what they were getting weeks ago. Turns out that my manager was just waiting on approval from compensation because my raise was outside of the 'approved' range.