Job and General Employment Thread

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:51 pm

We supposedly had a company patent too, but being that I was jusy the product manager and not a Dev my name wasn't on it. YOU WOULDN'T NEED IT IF NOT FOR ME DEVS!

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:55 pm

Forgot to give an update on my weird ass webcam interview last week. No AI grading involvement, but four questions provided in advance, 2 minute time limit on answers, and unlimited retakes. Hell of a way to drive yourself crazy, stop and restarting and any little mistake. Hopefully I get the job and never have to do something like that again.

obhave

Postby obhave » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:38 am

those who have unlimited vacation time policies, how do you approach them? And how do you approach managing people with them?

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:52 am

Ugh... i would absolutely hate that. On both sides.

I know two people with them... one basically does whatever the F he wants but he also works releases on nights and weekends all the time so nobody bothers him. The other, its basically frowned upon to ever take a day off.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:37 am

We have limited vacation and sick leave, but we are so shorthanded, I usually feel guilty taking the time off. I am, however, using sick leave if I am under the weather - in the past I've toughed it out, etc. But not this year.

One of my staff has a series of health issues, most real, some exaggerated, but is currently working with a herniated disc in her neck because she needs to save her sick leave for major surgery...which has been put off by the neck injury. She's hopped up on muscle relaxers and painkillers, but still able to function.

She won't take the time off because she feels guilty because we are understaffed and she needs to save it for the major surgery that will happen later this year. It sucks all the way around.