UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:14 pm

I am rooting for McGregor, but Aldo seems unbeatable. If I had to pick I think Aldo wins. McGregor can't do what he did with Mendes and expect to survive against Aldo.
As always streams appreciated though I may go out for this
Last edited by slappybrown on Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pavel Bure

UFC 194 -- Aldo v. McGregor

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:37 pm

I am rooting for McGregor, but Aldo seems unbeatable. If I had to pick I think Aldo wins. McGregor can't do what he did with Mendes and expect to survive against Aldo.
As always streams appreciated though I may go out for this
McGregor was very lucky that Mendes gassed out and they were stood up.

On a side note the Edgar/Mendes fight delivered IMO. Edgar is one of my favorite guys to watch. Just relentless.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Who else you like tonite Pavel?

Weidman-rockhold could headline a ppv itself, I think it will be a great one, but give me weidman. Think this will be a war though.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Faber-Saenz was excellent. Id give it to faber 29-28

malkintent

Postby malkintent » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:54 pm

You would root for mcgregor

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:02 am

Holy ****. McGregor just wrecked Aldo. Unreal

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:07 am

Holy sht

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:07 am

Well that's 2 for 2 where I've been way off. Note to everyone bet against who I like. Further to that point I think Fabricio Verdum is extremely lucky to be champ. Super lucky knee against Mark Hunt and then an unusually under prepared Cain.

I will say congrats to Rockhold. I really like that division as a whole.

Jofa Guy

Postby Jofa Guy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:37 am

Well that's 2 for 2 where I've been way off. Note to everyone bet against who I like. Further to that point I think Fabricio Verdum is extremely lucky to be champ. Super lucky knee against Mark Hunt and then an unusually under prepared Cain.

How long do ufc fighters train for a specific fight against an opponent? I know there Are many variables, but I want to say almost a year for a big fight? I'm completely ignorant to the sport

Pavement

Postby Pavement » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:45 am

Wow, can't believe McGregor won that quickly!

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:21 am

You would root for mcgregor
Obviously I can see why he's disliked but I find the dude entertaining as **** and he gives great promo.

The grabbing Aldo's belt at the one press conference was one of the best things I've ever seen.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:12 am

How long do ufc fighters train for a specific fight against an opponent? I know there Are many variables, but I want to say almost a year for a big fight? I'm completely ignorant to the sport
Camps are typically about 6 weeks. That's super intense specific training. Prior to that most keep in shape and still train but not at the super intense level of a camp. Some fighters, like Jon Jones for instance, really only took camp seriously and would party/do other things.

For the Cain Valasquez example I gave above, he was a guy that was known for his insane cardio, ability to constantly push the pace, and never gas out. When he fought Fabricio Werdum it was two fold. 1. Fabricio had been training I the altitude of Mexico City and 2. Cain didn't take him all that seriously. So then you had a guy that is known for those things above be dead tired by the 2nd round and basically diving into guilotines begging to get finished.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:28 pm

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx-c2sIlOew

I get the strong feeling that Conor McGregor is sort of the real-life incarnation of Mickey from 'Snatch'.

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:28 pm

Good free card on Fox tonite.

Dos Santos-Overeem is on right now. They didn't do much in the first round but Overeem busted JDS nose open late.

Pavel Bure

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Good free card on Fox tonite.

Dos Santos-Overeem is on right now. They didn't do much in the first round but Overeem busted JDS nose open late.
Diaz **** talking McGregor was priceless. That would be a hell of a fight just from the build up stand point. Plus Diaz always puts on a good show.

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:06 am

If the options are Edgar, Aldo, Dos Anjos, or Diaz, I would rank them:

Aldo
Dos Anjos
Edgar
Diaz

Seems like Aldo isn't getting an immediate rematch, though. Would like to see the two of them go longer than 13 seconds; that's the best match.

I think the biggest moneymaker would be letting him hold both belts and try to win the 155 against Dos Anjos.

Pavel Bure

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:47 am

If the options are Edgar, Aldo, Dos Anjos, or Diaz, I would rank them:

Aldo
Dos Anjos
Edgar
Diaz

Seems like Aldo isn't getting an immediate rematch, though. Would like to see the two of them go longer than 13 seconds; that's the best match.

I think the biggest moneymaker would be letting him hold both belts and try to win the 155 against Dos Anjos.
I tend to agree with that order. Although 155 might not be the smartest decision for him. He's optimal speed with power at 145. Although with new proposed weight cut rules he might have to move up.

Edgar would be super entertaining from the actual fight perspective. Build up would be all Mcgegor again.

Diaz might be fourth now but I bet if you give those guys a year of build up that PPV would be one of if not the highest selling ever. That would be the peak of **** talking.

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:12 am

Given what dos Anjos did last night to Cerrone, I would reconsider the 155 too.

Diaz would get smoked by McGregor I think. If he tries to stand up and throw with him and take the punches he took last night only instead of johnson it's Mcgregor throwing them, Diaz won't remember his name for months afterwards. That's the most entertaining buildup but worst fight by a good margin.

I assume what they wind up doing is having mcgregor fight Edgar, rehabilitate Aldo with a non-Mendes fight (there's no point in another Aldo-Mendes fight), and then if both Mcgregor and Aldo win, you hve the Aldo-McGregor rematch.

What do you think they do in the heavyweights? I think maybe you have Overeem fight the winner of Velazquez-Werdum, and the loser of the that fights the winner of Arlovski-Miocic, who in turn gets a title shot.-

Pavel Bure

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:39 am

I just don't think Werdum is that good. I said this before but he got super lucky against Hunt and then Cain didn't seem to take him seriously and majorly under-prepared. Overeem would be very interesting because his stand up/striking is amazing. Hopefully Overeem learned from Bigfoot that he has to take everyone seriously.

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:03 am

:shock:

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter/status ... 0525859841

Also will make for an interesting card at UFC 200 in July depending on what happens in those two fights. Imagine Rousey gets the winner of Holm/Tate. UFC has to be hoping its Holm that wins that fight because I don't think anyone is too excited for another Rousey/Tate fight.

If McGregor wins, he could fight anyone at 145 (Aldo, Frankie), and anyone at 155 (Dos Anjos rematch, Pettis, or Nurmagomedov). A Loss and they can just have him defend the 145 belt against Aldo or Frankie.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:49 pm

I can't wait until Jones comes back. Dude has gotten pretty ripped since his cocaine incident. Also, I'm hoping for a McGregor win but Dos Anjos is a monster. He actually has striking power and grappling - with a bigger weight class it could pose serious problems.

Pavel Bure

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Pavel Bure » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:19 am

McGregor's response to Mayweather is just so perfect.

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Wow, Northcutt outright quit there. Dana has to light him up publicly.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby count2infinity » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:58 pm

Dude is a 3 stripe purple belt in BJJ and taps there? wtf...

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:11 pm

Pretty decent card overall.

Re Northcutt @count2infinity , he just is inexperienced and panicked, I think. Either that or he lacks the balls to go far in UFC, time will tell.

--slappybrown, Internet Tough Guy saying a UFC fighter has no balls