UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 am

Also, was originally a huge fan of Conor, his act is old and tired. If he fought more, this stuff would add to his character - now it just looks like he wants to be a thug but not actually fight.

willeyeam

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby willeyeam » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:23 am

It's been 3+ years. I just want to see Khabib vs. Conor.
amen

Lemon Berry Lobster

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:24 am

Also, was originally a huge fan of Conor, his act is old and tired. If he fought more, this stuff would add to his character - now it just looks like he wants to be a thug but not actually fight.
He got his big pay day and now he just wants attention.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:32 am

He got his big pay day and now he just wants attention.
Exactly - he even had a chance to step back into the ring after they stripped his first belt. He fully deserves whatever comes his way, but I've always had my money on Khabib if he can stay healthy. He and Fedor are the two guys that just appear to be machines who have no emotion when it comes to fighting.

Getting ground and pounded by Khabib and having him tell you to give up, and it's OK to give up - because he knows he has you so thoroughly beaten has to be truly terrifying as another fighter.

willeyeam

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby willeyeam » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:43 am

ulf's new conspiracy theory

mcgregor is stirring up attention and getting kicked out of UFC so he can sign with Bellator for McGregor vs Diaz III

Dickie Dunn

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:26 am

The UFC has lost its main event for UFC 223 on Saturday at Barclays Center. Again.

According to UFC president Dana White, featherweight champion Max Holloway has been declared medically unfit to fight and been pulled from the card. Holloway was scheduled to face Khabib Nurmagomedov for the UFC's lightweight championship.

Holloway (19-3) accepted the bout on six days notice, and ultimately couldn't safely make the 155-pound limit. Nurmagomedov was originally supposed to face Tony Ferguson, however Ferguson was forced off the card last weekend due to a knee injury.
This **** happens way too often with the UFC.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:50 am

mcgregor is stirring up attention and getting kicked out of UFC so he can sign with Bellator for McGregor vs Diaz III
Wrong Diaz brother, unless you mean you just want him to fight a Diaz for the third time.

Lemon Berry Lobster

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:00 am

Wrong Diaz brother, unless you mean you just want him to fight a Diaz for the third time.
NEXT!

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:05 am

The UFC has lost its main event for UFC 223 on Saturday at Barclays Center. Again.

According to UFC president Dana White, featherweight champion Max Holloway has been declared medically unfit to fight and been pulled from the card. Holloway was scheduled to face Khabib Nurmagomedov for the UFC's lightweight championship.

Holloway (19-3) accepted the bout on six days notice, and ultimately couldn't safely make the 155-pound limit. Nurmagomedov was originally supposed to face Tony Ferguson, however Ferguson was forced off the card last weekend due to a knee injury.
Imagine if you already bought this PPV. They've lost four matches so far I think.

willeyeam

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby willeyeam » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:16 am

I honestly have no idea what you mean

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:55 am

I honestly have no idea what you mean
There's a Nate - who's still in the UFC, and a Nick his brother that's in Bellator. Why would Conor leave the UFC to sign with Bellator to fight the trilogy fight of the fighter that's currently in the UFC?

Or did something go completely over my head?

willeyeam

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby willeyeam » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:15 pm

i didn't know his brother was in bellator. i was referring to nate who would also leave in my completely fabricated theory

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:19 pm

Oh ok lol. I think either way I'd like to see him fight either. Both are very real losses and Nick is considered to be the better fighter. He just can't stop being a dick and smoking pot.

shafnutz05

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Imagine if you already bought this PPV. They've lost four matches so far I think.
Is there some kind of contractual thing when you buy one of their PPVs that the card is subject to change? I'm sure there is, but this is going a bit far.

dodint

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby dodint » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Quick search seems to indicate that you can cancel a PPV order through most cable providers.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Yea you can get a refund if you don't watch it. If you tune to the channel when it's on then call, you don't get it.

I have wondered, and haven't seen anyone discuss it - but I'm wondering if the UFC can go after Conor for almost single handily crippling a UFC event.

Halloway apparently weighed 159 with two hours to go before they shut him down.

Dickie Dunn

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:07 pm

Generally terrible Pittsburgh boxer Rod Salka wore "America 1st" trunks in a match against a boxer from Mexico City, proceeded to get his ass kicked.

https://twitter.com/ryansongalia/status ... 2534396929

https://deadspin.com/boxer-wears-anti-i ... 1825241614

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Whoops.. just posted that in the political thread. Oh well. If you're gonna pull some sh*t like that, you best win or you'll look like the ass you likely are.

Dickie Dunn

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:26 pm

I don't think Salka's brain has functioned properly since Danny Garcia did this to him:

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:54 pm

Lol that towel... was that from his corner?

shafnutz05

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 pm

I didn't see any comments on CM Punk's "performance" in his 2nd MMA bout. How utterly embarrassing. Meltzer tweeted he is probably the worst performer MMA has ever seen.

Viva la Ben

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Viva la Ben » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:40 pm

Former Dallas Cowboy Greg Hardy earned a UFC contract after knocking out his first pro opponent in 58 seconds last night.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:52 pm

He knocked that guy out clean. I hope he gets his though in the UFC.

Lemon Berry Lobster

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:45 am

In a Facebook group I'm in someone posted an image asking if McGregor or Lee would win in a fight. People that say McGregor should be sterilized.

slappybrown

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby slappybrown » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:21 pm

Finally, @Morkle's man crush Khabib Nurmagomedov gets into the octagon with Conor McGregor.

This is probably two years too late; Mcgregor hasn't fought an MMA match since 2016. Conor is the underdog at +150. Khabib is -160.

The last time McGregor fought someone who could even come close to Khabib's wrestling and takedown ability was Chad Mendes in 2015. Because I am very smart, in the very first post of this thread in 2015, I said:
I am rooting for McGregor, but Aldo seems unbeatable. If I had to pick I think Aldo wins. McGregor can't do what he did with Mendes and expect to survive against Aldo.
Mendes was pummeling Conor in their fight at UFC 189 until he completely ran out of gas and just stood there and caught a combination with ten seconds left in round 2 to end it in a TKO. IGNORE THE FACT THAT I ALSO SAID ALDO WAS UNBEATABLE IN THAT POST.

I find it hard to see how McGregor can win this match unless Khabib decides he wants to throw with him. Leaving aside that he's a much better fighter than Mendes in the first place, he's not going to gas out like Mendes did, who got pulled into his match with Conor two weeks before the fight when Aldo got hurt. Basically, Khabib needs to do something stupid to give Conor the opening imo.

I'll say Khabib by TKO in Round 3. I'll be rooting for McGregor, however.