UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:39 am

There was an argument that Connor was better than Khabib? From who? Connor’s mom?
From his annoying fans on /r/mma all the freaking time.

Kaiser

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Kaiser » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:28 pm

Guess they don't remember him getting toyed with and having his skull treated like an otter pop.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby iamjs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:34 pm

Lemon Berry Lobster

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:15 pm

I hope McGregor gets his ass kicked tomorrow. Dude is so annoying.

crusherstasiak

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby crusherstasiak » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:30 am

that was the most insane round of mma i've ever seen

mac5155

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby mac5155 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:42 am

I had Conor +230 on whim on submission and when he had that guillotine on I went nuts.

Then he goes and does that lol.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:19 am

You mean you didn’t have money on the ole ankle roll TKO? Everyone saw that coming.

shafnutz05

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm

McGregor is insane.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:32 pm

Dude is a bum, who's going through a massive identity crisis because his heart isn't truly in the fight anymore. I hate the guy, and I'm glad Khabib started his downfall proper.

LeopardLetang

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby LeopardLetang » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:43 pm

yeah he's been an awesome heel. love to see him get wrecked. i haven't followed or watched anything since khabib though.

Ad@m

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Ad@m » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:54 pm

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:02 pm

I love everyone taking shots at him right now. Dude needs a massive ego check, for all the **** he talks, he leads a pretty awful life if all the rumors are true about how he lives up in Ireland.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:36 pm

I have no doubt that Mayweather is the kind of dude to put a bet on both just so he could turn around and say he was right the whole time.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:47 pm

When you've got his money, why wouldn't you troll?

Lemon Berry Lobster

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Yeah 50 grand is absolutely nothing to him

Shyster

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Shyster » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:43 pm

Congratulations to Terunofuji (real name Gantulga Ganerdene) on being unanimously recommended for promotion to be sumo's 73rd Yokozuna, which caps one of the greatest comeback stories in sumo. Terunofuji broke into the top division in 2015 and made the second-highest rank of Ozeki in May 2015 after winning his first tournament. A year later, however, he suffered a major knee injury that required surgery, and he fell the whole way down to the second-lowest Jonidan division while rehabbing. And during the rehab, he was diagnosed with diabetes and dealt with a number of other health issues. He started his long march back to the top division in May 2019, competing in his first matches in nearly a year. He made it back to the top Makuuchi division in July 2020 and immediately won his second championship. He reclaimed his Ozeki rank in May after taking another win in the March tournament, and he won again in May. Terunofuji was only the second wrestler to ever win re-promotion to Ozeki after having fallen completely out of the rank. While he didn't win the just-finished July tournament, he went 14-1 and lost only to Yokozuna Hakuho in the last match of the last day, and the Yokozuna Deliberation Council unanimously voted to recommend his promotion to Yokozuna. The Sumo Association's board of directors still needs to approve the promotion, but that's a fait accompli.

Pavel Bure

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:15 am

I love everyone taking shots at him right now. Dude needs a massive ego check, for all the **** he talks, he leads a pretty awful life if all the rumors are true about how he lives up in Ireland.
All I can do is laugh at these “ego check” hot takes. The guy saw the game and ground work laid by someone like Chael Sonnen and parlayed that into hundreds of millions of dollars. The richest mma fighter ever. He played the game better than anyone ever has in mma and has cashed out because of it.

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:10 am

All I can do is laugh at these “ego check” hot takes. The guy saw the game and ground work laid by someone like Chael Sonnen and parlayed that into hundreds of millions of dollars. The richest mma fighter ever. He played the game better than anyone ever has in mma and has cashed out because of it.
I mean, that didn't really make him a good fighter. He had maybe two/three top flight fight performances. His most notable fight was the flash knockout that people remember, and I'd have love to of seen Aldo fight him again.

The other most notable fight was watching him hug and grasp a boxer because he couldn't do it. Fair props to him earning money, he's done that, but that doesn't make him the best fighter, at all. His fans think that's what it does, is put him at the top of MMA, when from a pure fight standpoint, he's a guy that's failed to adapt, and his last 4 years have been riddled with criminal activity and him getting smoked in the cage.

At least during the fight he admitted to Khabib it was "just business," when he realized he'd matched against someone that took what he said serious and punished him for it. Which makes it just as embarrassing hearing him talk after that fight like he was winning it, just like this last Dustin fight. All this talk, and it just looks worse.

I really honestly dislike the idea because he's earned the most, that's made him the best. Far from it, really.

1) Fedor
2) Khabib
3) Jones
4) GSP
5) Silva
6) DC
7) Maybe here?

*Most notable, is that casual fans would remember.

Pavel Bure

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:17 am

Oh yeah I agree. Richest does not mean best/greatest. Off the top of my head I’d probably say my top guys are,

1. GSP
2. Randy Couture
3. BJ Penn
4. Anderson Silva
5. Chuck Liddell

All those guys had long runs (save BJ’s inconsistency) at the top of their classes. Some of them were strictly one discipline fighters but they also dominated for long stretches.

Connor is probably the greatest showman to ever be in the sport. He’ll probably go down as one of the best ever solely on his drawing power and first to hold 2 belts but I don’t put him at the tippy top.

Obviously that’s personal opinion because who would really beat Khabib

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:20 am

The ego check comment for me personally, was that this past fight, was the first time I think the world groaned from him even really speaking and trying to go over the top. From playing nice the second fight, to threatening to kill Dustin's family and kid, and the continuing it after a brutal loss was just embarrassing.

He's a showman, but he thoroughly embarrassed himself this last fight, and there was a larger contingency of fandom groaning and moaning about his antics rather than celebrating them.

He spoke all this stuff about Dustin's wife, but he's been known to sleep around, have coke fueled nights, and leave his wife and kids at home. He's no saint, and opening up trash talk in that way was peak embarrassing.

Ad@m

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Ad@m » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:47 pm

:face: Who’s a bigger POS Strickland or McGregor?

An American middleweight in the UFC said he wants 'to kill somebody in a fight' after his latest win

https://news.yahoo.com/american-middlew ... 06471.html
"I'm the last one they [the UFC] probably wants to be the champion."

He also said: "I would love nothing more than to kill somebody in the ring. Nothing more. It would make me super happy.

"I would own that s---, too. I don't know if it would make me liable, I might have to say, 'I'm sorry,' if the cops came, but I would own that s---. Own it. Be a psychopath, it's f---ing fun!"

NTP66

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby NTP66 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:22 am

**** like this is why I have always respected boxing, and have never respected UFC.

willeyeam

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby willeyeam » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:22 am

Morkle

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Morkle » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:17 am

:face: Who’s a bigger POS Strickland or McGregor?

An American middleweight in the UFC said he wants 'to kill somebody in a fight' after his latest win

https://news.yahoo.com/american-middlew ... 06471.html
"I'm the last one they [the UFC] probably wants to be the champion."

He also said: "I would love nothing more than to kill somebody in the ring. Nothing more. It would make me super happy.

"I would own that s---, too. I don't know if it would make me liable, I might have to say, 'I'm sorry,' if the cops came, but I would own that s---. Own it. Be a psychopath, it's f---ing fun!"
Sounds like a dude trying to hard. But the UFC has rewarded guys like Colby and Conor for saying extreme things, so why not try it?

It's trash, and he beat a top 10 guy, but he's gonna need more than Uriah to be truly confident.

Shyster

UFC/Boxing/Combat Sports

Postby Shyster » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:00 pm

New Yokozuna Terunofuji had his formal acceptance ceremony today at the Meji shine, which included his first performance of his ring-entering ceremony (dohyō-iri). Crowds were minimal due to the pandemic, and it was a subdued ceremony, but it was great to see Terunofuji in his first official performance at the pinnacle of sumo. Video here:

At the start of the video you can see that at the same time Isegahama stable made a new tsuna (the rope belt worn by yokuzona) for Terunofuji, they also made a special red one for stablemaster Isegahama, who is former Yokozuna Asahifuji. Asahifuji just turned 60, and the 60th birthday is considered a major milestone age in Japan. When a former yokozuna reaches age 60, he will perform his old dohyō-iri ceremony as a birthday celebration, called a kanreki dohyō-iri. The former yokozuna wears a special red tsuna, and his two attendants are usually current or former yokozuna, wearing their own white tsuna. Asahifuji's kanreki dohyō-iri has been delayed due to the pandemic. It's usually a big party with lots of attendees.