Education talk

DigitalGypsy66

Education talk

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm

I know there are a few of us that either teacher K-12, have in the past, or have spouses that do so now.

My wife, as most of yinz know, is an elementary school teacher. Evidently, little kids EVERYWHERE can pick up on this and she has tons of random teachery interactions with random kids all over the place. It's like she gives off teacher vibes or something. :lol:

Like we were in Disney World a couple of years ago, and a kid walked up to her in a crowd and asked her about a kids book. I think the kid was Canadian or something, too (down for Blue Jays spring training I think the dad said). We were at a restaurant here in town the other night and kids always look and wave at her (we don't live in her school's zone and don't know many people outside of co-workers). She just is sitting there minding her own business, although she does automatically look for kids as both a mom and teacher.

Does anyone else have this issue? It's really funny how kids pick up on stuff like that. It's usually K-3 aged students, not the older elementary students like the ones she teaches currently.