Week 13 Steelers GDT - Colts

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:23 pm

columbia

Postby columbia » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 am

Listening to Da Fan on my drive home last evening, they were discussing the Antonio Brown ball busting when a yinzerific grandmother called in to complain about Brown's action. She was babysitting her four-year old grandson Sunday evening and upon conclusion of the game told him that it was time to go to bed. Said grandson decided to grab his little nerf football, run down the hallway, and jump nuts first into his bedpost.

Antonio Brown, changing lives everyday.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:54 am

Listening to Da Fan on my drive home last evening, they were discussing the Antonio Brown ball busting when a yinzerific grandmother called in to complain about Brown's action. She was babysitting her four-year old grandson Sunday evening and upon conclusion of the game told him that it was time to go to bed. Said grandson decided to grab his little nerf football, run down the hallway, and jump nuts first into his bedpost.

How is Antonio brown to blame for that?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:01 am

Their initial question was why was a 4-year old still awake at that time. Her reason for blaming the Antonio Brown was that the 70s Steelers didn't behave that way.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:04 am

Lambert ate glass in the locker room.

Go for it, kiddo.

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:14 am

Their initial question was why was a 4-year old still awake at that time. Her reason for blaming the Antonio Brown was that the 70s Steelers didn't behave that way.
No, they didn't behave like that, on the field. But it was a different era.
I'm not a fan of AB's "celebration", but I'll still take it over Ernie "Fats" Holmes shooting at trucks on the interstate with a shotgun.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5058107

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:26 am

another example of why old people shouldn't be trusted with many things. babysitting is one. voting in elections is another.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:24 pm

I'm curious as to how many of yinz think the Steelers will make the playoffs. Every NFL analyst out there, it seems, is labeling the Steelers as the "one team you don't want to see in the playoffs". Unfortunately, because of losing to teams like the Ravens, we aren't in them. The effing Giants choking one away to the Jets didn't help either.

While I think that the Steelers are easily a better team on paper than the Chiefs/Jets, those two teams have a VERY easy schedule going in. The Chiefs could easily go 4-0, so our best chance is to catch the Jets. We need to beat the Bengals while the Jets lose to the Pats.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 pm

I'm curious as to how many of yinz think the Steelers will make the playoffs. Every NFL analyst out there, it seems, is labeling the Steelers as the "one team you don't want to see in the playoffs". Unfortunately, because of losing to teams like the Ravens, we aren't in them. The effing Giants choking one away to the Jets didn't help either.

While I think that the Steelers are easily a better team on paper than the Chiefs/Jets, those two teams have a VERY easy schedule going in. The Chiefs could easily go 4-0, so our best chance is to catch the Jets. We need to beat the Bengals while the Jets lose to the Pats.
The steelers win out, they are in no matter what the jets do.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:37 pm

If they can win 3 of the last four they're in.

large garlic

Postby large garlic » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Yeah, I posted about the exact same thing on the last page. I think the Steelers will be doing well to go 3-1 down the stretch, but KC could easily go 4-0, and the Jets could easily go 3-1, and I don't where the tie-breakers would stand with them.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:05 pm

I think I read the steelers will end up with the tiebreaker over NYJ

Algernon

Postby Algernon » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 pm

The Steelers won't win out and it doesn't even matter if they do because the secondary is a complete joke

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks!

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:17 pm

This team is too dumb for its own good. They'll miss the playoffs in excruciating fashion. I haven't worked out how yet.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:18 pm

This team is too dumb for its own good. They'll miss the playoffs in excruciating fashion. I haven't worked out how yet.
That's kind of where I'm at. The team has ungodly talent on offense (IMO, the best WR corps in the NFL, easily), but will find a way to suck out.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:32 pm

That's kind of where I'm at. The team has ungodly talent on offense (IMO, the best WR corps in the NFL, easily), but will find a way to suck out.
What do you mean you haven't worked it out? The obvious answer is another game where Tomlin appears to have suffered brain trauma and pisses it away, to make it a trifecta of losses that make me want to fight him after Baltimore and Seattle. Either that, or they sneak in and win the whole thing. That's the binary choice.

Because I am an idiot, I am going WITH SEVENTH HEAVEN

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:41 pm

What do you mean you haven't worked it out? The obvious answer is another game where Tomlin appears to have suffered brain trauma and pisses it away, to make it a trifecta of losses that make me want to fight him after Baltimore and Seattle. Either that, or they sneak in and win the whole thing. That's the binary choice.

Because I am an idiot, I am going WITH SEVENTH HEAVEN
It's going to be something incredibly creative. They've had too many dumb losses the last few years to uncork another garden variety dumb loss. They'll beat the brakes off Cincy, blow a double digit lead against Denver, and somehow get Johnny Football'd to miss the playoffs.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:20 am

That sounds funny right up until you remember they got destroyed by Terrell Pryor a few years ago. Now it's just worrisome.

Rocco

Postby Rocco » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:41 am

The 2x4 to the eyes doesn't hurt as much when you know it's coming.