home theater, cord cutting, video streaming, a/v tech, and more!

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:58 pm

Which Anker headphones are you talking about? We're gearing up for a couple long-hauls and I was looking into wired ANC 'phones myself, and the Anker Soundcore Q35 came up as a reasonably-priced option. (About $100 or so)
All of them Life series, of you read the reviews. Anker apparently updated the firmware on newer units where ANC does not work over a wired connection, which makes zero sense to me. I was ready to buy the Q35s myself before I read that (on multiple sites).
This is surprising to me. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your ask? Cos as I was looking into these, I found a bunch of sites that say the Q35 ANC very much does work in wired mode.
Hi! Recently I ordered a Life Q30 Headphone and found out they recently removed ANC when the headphones are wired, which was ultimately very disappointing for me. I am deciding to return it but was wondering if the Q35 is capable of Active Noise Cancelling when wired?
ANC does definitely work while wired. You just have to make sure it's powered on and then press the ANC button.
https://www.soundguys.com/anker-soundco ... iew-53582/
"Does noise cancelling work when using the headphones in wired listening mode?" -- Yes, noise cancelling works when listening over a wired connection, but it will drain the battery life of the headset.
https://community.soundcore.com/t/life- ... ce/6021960
What are the Q35’s like wired? I’ve read that they have slightly worse ANC but at this point “OK” ANC is better than none.
I have both the Q30 and Q35.
I can’t think of anything the Q30 does better than the Q35, including ANC.
My understanding is that Soundcore did a silent update (Hardware) on the Q30 and after that, the wired mode changed. My older Q30’s say up to date and ANC, etc still work in wired mode. Again, I use my BT Headphones via BT (see #4)
I’ve tried them wired a couple of times to test, but I mainly use them via BT, because I also have dedicated wired HP that I use in situations where I want to use wired.
I would like to get this sorted before I spend $100 on something that doesn't do what I want them to do. :lol:
Dude, I'm in the same boat. Even rtings.com made a note of it in their review stating that newer firmware appears to have disabled the ability to use ANC while wired. You know what? Maybe I'll just buy the Q35s and see for myself. I can always return it to Amazon for a full refund if that doesn't work.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:00 pm

Source of the post No clue where the old 65" tv is gonna go though... there is no room for it anywhere else, maybe just try to sell it for a couple hundred.
My old 65" and 60" sets are sitting in my basement. I just don't want to deal with FB Marketplace or Craigslist nutjobs.
Many retailers in CA will accept 'electronic waste' for recycling. (@Gaucho is probably somewhat familiar with, and I am not making this up, WEEE in the EU) But the cost of that is rolled up into the purchase price when the item is sold as new; so while I can roll down the way to my local Best Buy and drop off an old TV for disposal, I'm not sure if you can drive to your local BB and do the same thing. Anyway, if you're just looking to get rid of them, you might consider that as an option to check out.

I think you're an LG person (?), but if you have Samsung branded TVs they have recycling centers around the country that will accept old stuff for disposal.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:10 pm

Source of the post No clue where the old 65" tv is gonna go though... there is no room for it anywhere else, maybe just try to sell it for a couple hundred.
My old 65" and 60" sets are sitting in my basement. I just don't want to deal with FB Marketplace or Craigslist nutjobs.
Many retailers in CA will accept 'electronic waste' for recycling. (@Gaucho is probably somewhat familiar with, and I am not making this up, WEEE in the EU) But the cost of that is rolled up into the purchase price when the item is sold as new; so while I can roll down the way to my local Best Buy and drop off an old TV for disposal, I'm not sure if you can drive to your local BB and do the same thing. Anyway, if you're just looking to get rid of them, you might consider that as an option to check out.

I think you're an LG person (?), but if you have Samsung branded TVs they have recycling centers around the country that will accept old stuff for disposal.
Problem is that these are too large to fit in either of my vehicles, and since I have an unfinished basement, I have no real issue storing them there.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:14 pm

@tifosi77, I'm tracking the Life Q35 on Amazon right now. Since there's no rush for me, if it drops below $95, I'll grab them and will let you know. If you happen to buy them before I mention it here, please let me know.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:14 pm

RemindMe! 3 months.

Might need a garage TV and skullys would fit the bill pretty good once we're done remodeling.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:19 pm

RemindMe! 3 months.

Might need a garage TV and skullys would fit the bill pretty good once we're done remodeling.
Haha. It's a Hisense H8G. Nothing wrong with it, works fine. Decent mid-level TV for a 65" (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8g). I'll let you know if get rid of it, but more likely it will sit in my garage covered up till at least spring time.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:20 pm

When I work in the garage I often have to pull up Youtube to remember how to do something. Would love a 60"+ TV tied to an old laptop to do that duty. Or something I could cast to.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:22 pm

When I work in the garage I often have to pull up Youtube to remember how to do something. Would love a 60"+ TV tied to an old laptop to do that duty. Or something I could cast to.
The H8G has google as its OS so you could cast to it easily if you wanted to, or just pull up youtube from the onboard stuff etc.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:24 pm

Does it have a voice-enabled remote? That comes in handy if you want to search videos on the apps quickly, IMO.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:27 pm

I've never used it but it looks like it has a google assistant/home button on the remote that would function with the onboard apps via voice and all that jazz.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:31 pm

I'm tracking the Life Q35 on Amazon right now. Since there's no rush for me, if it drops below $95, I'll grab them and will let you know. If you happen to buy them before I mention it here, please let me know.
:thumb:

Right on, if I do buy them it will be sometime in the next couple weeks.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:38 pm

I'm tracking the Life Q35 on Amazon right now. Since there's no rush for me, if it drops below $95, I'll grab them and will let you know. If you happen to buy them before I mention it here, please let me know.

Right on, if I do buy them it will be sometime in the next couple weeks.
FWIW, here's the Keepa price data for the last year. There's currently a $10 coupon available on Amazon for the Q35, too.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:15 am

Amazon wasn't lying when they said delivery between 6 and 9 am. They were here at 6:10am with my tv lol.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:23 am

Amazon wasn't lying when they said delivery between 6 and 9 am. They were here at 6:10am with my tv lol.
haha, when mine was delivered, it was before 7am, too. It was great.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:04 am

I probably won't get stuff set up till later today, but did you just use the Rtings.com settings for calibration?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:17 am

I probably won't get stuff set up till later today, but did you just use the Rtings.com settings for calibration?
I did, yes. Honestly didn't have to change much at all. It looked fantastic out of the box.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:27 am

I did, yes. Honestly didn't have to change much at all. It looked fantastic out of the box.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:58 am

That must be the difference between the C1 and C2. My C1 looked like poo out of the box. I don't know who configured the default settings, but they really liked warm tones.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:03 am

I just want to get it out of the box and somewhat calibrated (and to make sure there is nothing wrong with it ) before it gets mounted on Tuesday.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:09 am

I just want to get it out of the box and somewhat calibrated (and to make sure there is nothing wrong with it ) before it gets mounted on Tuesday.
Just calibrate it in the same room where it'll be mounted.. Even with following the rtings settings, you'll probably want to adjust slightly based on the room.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:45 pm

@shafnutz05, just ran a speed test with my xfinity and I'm at 443 down, 22 up.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:08 am

The only thing that annoys me about the C2 so far is that annoying arrow that pops up by default when you press on the wheel on the remote. I know I can just hit down or whatever once it comes up to get rid of it, but it's annoying and I wish I could just turn it off completely.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:14 am

You don’t use that navigation? I like it. Feels like I’m playing wii sports anytime I adjust settings.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:18 am

You don’t use that navigation? I like it. Feels like I’m playing wii sports anytime I adjust settings.
I hated the Wii :-)

I mean it's not some huge issue, but if I'm being nit-picky and trying to find something I don't like...then that is it haha.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:29 pm

Any good recommendations for how to set up a laptop/PC and a game console (potentially multiple game consoles in the not too distant future) to share the same display and audio? I haven't run desktop speakers in several years now (3D headphone gaming, earbuds for listening to the odd bit of audio on PC/laptop), but I'm keen to get speakers and hook everything back up to one ecosystem again. And I frankly don't remember how I did it the last time.