Black Friday and Other Great Deals

Miami Vice

Postby Miami Vice » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:21 am

I use Pulsar 95% of the time now, switching over from Genesis. I'm using the Pulsar Unofficial Repository 2.0.0 (might have been upgraded recently) with the Pulsar MC providers. This would be for anything that I don't have access to on my Prime account, or movies in general. There have been very few movies I have been unable to play, to be honest.
Don't those add ins work kind of like a torrent swarm? I've wanted to try Genesis but feared opening myself up to a John Doe suit.

For the uninitiated, these are plug ins for the media center software Kodi that acquire movie streams

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 am

Amazon will be selling the Fire TV Stick for $25 on BF, and it's well worth it. On top of using it all the time at home, I take ours on vacation with us all the time. It comes in very handy, especially when you sideload Kodi on it.
Does thing only make sense if you have subscriptions to Netflix and Hulu...? I see these things talked about all the time, but I don't get their use to me...
It absolutely does, IMO, because you can access those apps from the Fire TV. While the rest of my family did have Netflix accounts, they dumped it for Prime once I had them all buy Fire TVs. You may want to keep it around if you watch a lot of Netflix's original programming, though.
Ok, so then it has no use to me. I don't have those accounts and based on your response, there isn't a lot that it can provide independently I presume...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:23 am

I use Pulsar 95% of the time now, switching over from Genesis. I'm using the Pulsar Unofficial Repository 2.0.0 (might have been upgraded recently) with the Pulsar MC providers. This would be for anything that I don't have access to on my Prime account, or movies in general. There have been very few movies I have been unable to play, to be honest.
Don't those add ins work kind of like a torrent swarm? I've wanted to try Genesis but feared opening myself up to a John Doe suit.

For the uninitiated, these are plug ins for the media center software Kodi that acquire movie streams
They do, yes, so caution is definitely required. In the 10 years I've been downloading content, only once have I ever received a notice from my ISP. Quite honestly, you'd have to be seeding a hell of a lot of stuff to get into any trouble, but there's always the risk.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:24 am

Amazon will be selling the Fire TV Stick for $25 on BF, and it's well worth it. On top of using it all the time at home, I take ours on vacation with us all the time. It comes in very handy, especially when you sideload Kodi on it.
Does thing only make sense if you have subscriptions to Netflix and Hulu...? I see these things talked about all the time, but I don't get their use to me...
It absolutely does, IMO, because you can access those apps from the Fire TV. While the rest of my family did have Netflix accounts, they dumped it for Prime once I had them all buy Fire TVs. You may want to keep it around if you watch a lot of Netflix's original programming, though.
Ok, so then it has no use to me. I don't have those accounts and based on your response, there isn't a lot that it can provide independently I presume...
Do you have an Amazon Prime account? If so, it makes even more sense to get a Fire TV. If not, and you've already got a device that allows you to access Netflix and Hulu, you're probably fine as-is.

Miami Vice

Postby Miami Vice » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:25 am

I think the big problem with it was that everyone was expecting some crazy sale where you'd get 80% off everything. They had a lot of really good deals, IMO.
To me when Amazon says "we are going to do a one day sale to rival black friday" that means lots of television sets, game console bundles, other gizmos like streaming boxes/tablets/beats headphones/dslr bundles, cheap movies/games/music, etc

They didn't even have their full line of Fire and Kindle stuff on sale.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am

They do, yes, so caution is definitely required. In the 10 years I've been downloading content, only once have I ever received a notice from my ISP. Quite honestly, you'd have to be seeding a hell of a lot of stuff to get into any trouble, but there's always the risk.
Using a VPN account is cheap and lessens the risk considerably, although not completely.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:30 am

Using a VPN account is cheap and lessens the risk considerably, although not completely.
I've thought about it, but don't care enough to do so. I'm not a heavy user in that area.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:34 am

Do you have an Amazon Prime account? If so, it makes even more sense to get a Fire TV. If not, and you've already got a device that allows you to access Netflix and Hulu, you're probably fine as-is.
My roommate does, but I don't personally have any of those three. He just has a Prime account.

I could probably spend my money better elsewhere anyhow...I only watch hockey and football on TV...there's nothing else that I really view or would have time to view anyhow...just kind of inquiring as to what the thing is, but it doesn't really pertain to me...

Staggy

Postby Staggy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:45 am

If somebody sees any good deals for tablets can you post them here? I've been meaning to get one for a while but have kept putting it off.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:46 am

$289 for a PS4. Man...if I do this my wife is not going to be happy haha.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:58 am

Source of the post $289 for a PS4.
I paid $399 for mine 11 months ago. Derp.

Miami Vice

Postby Miami Vice » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:08 am

where and what does it include?

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:08 am

Does anyone think a better deal on a PS4 will come around any time soon? I really want to try Last of Us and The Show

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:09 am

Cheapest I've ever seen it.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:10 am

where and what does it include?
My boss ordered one last night. He didn't say where. I am going to inquire when he gets out of his meeting. No games included. Just the system and 1 controller.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:16 am

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 am

PS4 Uncharted Bundle for $299 in several places for Black Friday.

eddy

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:21 am

Walmart likewise has a red or blue 3DS XL for $129.99, and that comes with a pre-loaded copy of Super Mario 3D Land. This isn't the "new" 3DS XL, but if you're fine with that or are buying for a younger child this is a great deal.

can someone explain to me what the hell the new 3ds is? That seems like a great deal for a 3DS, do I need a "new" one?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:25 am

PS4 Uncharted Bundle for $299 in several places for Black Friday.

Here it is at Walmart.

http://www.bfads.net/Black-Friday/Walma ... =10#viewer

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:38 am

Anyone seen anything for GoPros? Asking for a friend.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:55 am

Anyone seen anything for GoPros? Asking for a friend.

I don't know regular prices or differences in models, but here is what is showing up.

http://www.bfads.net/Search/gopro

You can search for any product by going to www.bfads.net and using the Search bar at the top.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:56 am

Nice, thanks. I didn't think I'd be able to get there from work. But I can. Cool.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 am

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YMG ... PDKIKX0DER

A lightning deal today for $750. Not sure how good of a projector in, the experts can weight in, but thought I'd post.

Miami Vice

Postby Miami Vice » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 am

This is a much better projector deal:
http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-HD28DSE-10 ... ds=hd28dse

That is a newer model that includes Darbee Visual Presence technology, which is one of the most amazing image processors available. Its making its way into medical scanners and things like that because of the extra detail it can pick out of an image.

This is another better model than the listed Optoma for $800
http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-HT2050-1080p ... +projector

I worry about rainbow effect with lower end DLP projectors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYBurcnYx2g

If you want to avoid the possibility of that for around $800 here is your guy:
http://www.amazon.com/Epson-Cinema-1080 ... epson+2040

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:24 am

Purchased name brand washer and dryer, and gas range/stove from Lowes last night for under $1500.