Game of Thrones Discussion

Craig

Postby Craig » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Jon executing Slynt was everything I had hoped it would be. Most excellent.
Yes, I really enjoyed that. I forget is the sword he was given Valerian Steel?
The one Mormont gave him? Yes

cadams

Postby cadams » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm

How many Valerian Steel weapons are out there? There's Longclaw with Jon, Ice was turned into the two swords that Brienne and I assume Tommen have and was Roberts war hammer Valerian?
and you had one of the Lannisters go searching Valeria for theirs but disappeared
Any others?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:58 pm

Qyburn is amazing

columbia

Postby columbia » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:00 pm

That was the first good episode of the season.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:13 pm

I had a feeling that the Sansa story line was going to cause some heads to explode and it took exactly one comment to begin here:

D&D talk about the changes to Sansa's storyline

I think there might be some minor spoilers in the article for non-readers, comments are sure to have spoilers as the ranting continues.

I like it, so far anyway. Sansa's story line might actually be interesting now.

obhave

Postby obhave » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:36 pm

I love the direction of her story line. I feels fitting that both her and aryas stories got so dark.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 am

I'm putting book spoilers to be safe.
I'm liking using a real Stark instead of a fake Stark for Ramsey. As soon as I heard the matchmaking, I was like "No, no, no,no Sansa has no idea what's in store for her with Ramsey. If it happens similar to the books, it makes Theon's rescue more meaningful.
I imagine book loyalist are fuming right now.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:43 am

Source of the post I imagine book loyalist are fuming right now.
Aye, this one is.

But I'll get over it. They have to keep the story moving forward, unlike GRRM, who can afford to tread water for 15+ years. HBO has a budget and only so much time to air these shows, so condensing the characters and tightening the plot works for me.

obhave

Postby obhave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:26 am

As a book reader, I'm actually excited to see how D&D make the story their own. Gives me a chance to be surprised at both what happens in the show and then what happens in the books to come.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 am

this is an instance where the show is better. that story in the book is falling flat.

although forcing jaqen hagar into the master role is the opposite. he doesn't look right at all.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:15 am

I'm not minding tha changes. As noted, the last book was pretty bad.

I enjoyed last week's episode in terms of story advancement, but really liked this week, without Dany.

Loved the decisiveness of Jon Snow.

Sounds like next week, we'll get to see some action.

obhave

Postby obhave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:25 am

I enjoyed last week's episode in terms of story advancement, but really liked this week, without Dany.

:thumb:

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 am

At first I read all about "Dany sucks, her story sucks, etc." and I was like I don't get it. Now every time she is on screen I can't wait for it to be over. I really hate her story. I also hate her character, idealistic with no understanding of how to do anything. She sucks.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:51 am

She peaked when she entered the fire with the eggs.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:57 am

book stuff...where is this season ending? i think.
-cersei is locked up, has to do the nekkid walk and frankenstein is all set to fight for her. meanwhile jamie is still in dorne
-speaking of dorne...you got me. no clue what's going on there
-of course margery is also locked up
-dany flies away on the dragon. don't think they'll go into dothraki part 2 yet, though
-tyrion is stuck in mereen doing...something
-jon snow gets shanked
-winterfell-wise, the stannis stuff will end at the same spot as book 5, but i have no idea what will happen with brienne. will she play a part in a sansa rescue, maybe? and then ramsey will marry the impostor sansa instead...where we'll re-sync with the books?
predictions?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:07 am

I have no idea and I think that's why I'll like this season so much. We've known what's going to happen every season up to this point.

We're finally flying mostly blind.

Clams Herbert

Postby Clams Herbert » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:19 am

I love sitting there and shaking my head, saying "My god, everything Cersei does is wrong."

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:40 am

The confrontation (?) Between Cersei and the Queen was spectacular.

Its a bit early for us....

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Dowager Queen had to be the most piercing for Cersei.

cadams

Postby cadams » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:40 pm

-cersei is locked up, has to do the nekkid walk and frankenstein is all set to fight for her. meanwhile jamie is still in dorne
-dany flies away on the dragon. don't think they'll go into dothraki part 2 yet, though
-jon snow gets shanked
-winterfell-wise, the stannis stuff will end at the same spot as book 5, but i have no idea what will happen with brienne. will she play a part in a sansa rescue, maybe? and then ramsey will marry the impostor sansa instead...where we'll re-sync with the books?
predictions?

Agree almost entirely:
-definately will see the walk of shame and Robert the Strong greet her
-Dorne; sand snakes get put into place to place to wreak havoc, guessing Jamie finds Myrcella, maybe Bron goes all Darkstar trying to start a war?
-Oops, maybe put in an episode 4 spoiler. I think margery stays safe but Cersei is damned from Lancel
-Dany leaves on Drogon, given
-No clue what Tyrion ends up doing, not sure what will happen either
-Jon definately "dies"
-I think Sansa gets the crap beat out of her by Ramsey and his girlfriend. Not sure who helps them escape since Mance is toast but Theon should still get her out of Winterfell and maybe find Stanis in the woods in episode 9?
Last edited by cadams on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cadams

Postby cadams » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:45 pm

At first I read all about "Dany sucks, her story sucks, etc." and I was like I don't get it. Now every time she is on screen I can't wait for it to be over. I really hate her story. I also hate her character, idealistic with no understanding of how to do anything. She sucks.
Well she's supposed to be an actual girl in the books so the naivity is forgiven when you consider the line of crap Viserys fed her for over a decade and how Jorah played on her emotions too.

This is one instance where the show took a blah main caharacter and made them worse because there's nothing really with her besides she has **** dragons.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:56 pm

I think margery stays safe but Cersei is damned from Lancel
yeah, i think they'll skip the kettleback (sp) stuff and just use her nailing lancel as the crime. there's a shot of lorace freaking out in the trailer for this season. i think margery's in trouble, like in the book

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:57 pm

-jon snow gets shanked
predictions?

Agree almost entirely:
-definately will see the walk of shame and Robert the Strong greet her
-Dorne; sand snakes get put into place to place to wreak havoc, guessing Jamie finds Myrcella, maybe Bron goes all Darkstar trying to start a war?
-Oops, maybe put in an episode 4 spoiler. I think margery stays safe but Cersei is damned from Lancel
-Dany leaves on Drogon, given
-No clue what Tyrion ends up doing, not sure what will happen either
-Jon definately "dies"
-I think Sansa gets the crap beat out of her by Ramsey and his girlfriend. Not sure who helps them escape since Mance is toast but Theon should still get her out of Winterfell and maybe find Stanis in the woods in episode 9?
Dorne: Jaime will attempt to steal Myrcella away. Hotah will axe the crap out of Bronn. Will Bronn go full Darkstar? Perhaps... that will remain to be seen. I'm not sure yet what role Ellaria and the Sand Snakes will play yet though...

Meereen: Dany will fly away on Drogon... I'm going out on a limb and saying this ends the season... It is an odd season after all, which means it has to end with Dany. Not sure what ultimately happens with Tyrion.

Winterfell: Ramsay will likely do horrible crap to Sansa. Brienne + Pod will take the place of fake Mance and co for the rescue.

King's Landing: Cersei will have her walk of shame... may see Robert Strong by the end of the season. Does Varys still reappear to kill Kevan at the end?

Wall: Jon will "die". The only question for me is whether or not they leave him "dead" at the end of the season. I'm actually leaning towards no because there would be no way to hide that Kit Harrington was filming for Season 6 so the "surprise" would be well ruined long before S6 airs.

Clams Herbert

Postby Clams Herbert » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Dany won't just end flying away on Drogon. Her last shot is gonna be with her meeting up with those Dothraki in that field after shitting her brains out for a while.

Theon is gonna help Sansa escape in fake Arya's stead.

obhave

Postby obhave » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Release of winds of winter:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/03/ge ... winds-date

So little of me believes him.