Game of Thrones Discussion

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:38 pm

His decisions with Daenerys caused all this mess. He cant get her out of Mereen and everything else breaks down and is delayed from there. Should have just had the plague kill everyone but her army. Then she leaves. That’s it. The show didn’t even address this. She just said, “I dunno. Dario, lol?” But can you blame them?

Zombie Heist! is unforgivable on its surface. But they needed a Dragon zombie and they needed Jaime to turn on Cersei. I’m sure there was a better option, but it was going to be silly no matter what.

The only thing they did in bad faith was shortening the last 2 seasons to account for the budget issues. A better written show doesn’t need to fill the gaps with spectacle. Just spend those extra 6 or so episodes to make it not stupid. Ice bear be damned.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:39 pm

I've mentioned many times my attempts (and immediate failures) at trying to read the books. I just can't deal with his writing style. Regardless, thanks to the wonders of the interwebs and ASOIAF wiki I have a pretty solid understanding of where the books stand and I have no idea how he's going to weave his way out of the cluster **** he's created, which is why it takes eternity for him to write the ****. He introduced so many ancillary side characters that there's no way two books will wrap this up.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:40 pm

Zombie Heist!
Ha! I think I need to watch the last season again.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:50 pm

I've mentioned many times my attempts (and immediate failures) at trying to read the books. I just can't deal with his writing style. Regardless, thanks to the wonders of the interwebs and ASOIAF wiki I have a pretty solid understanding of where the books stand and I have no idea how he's going to weave his way out of the cluster **** he's created, which is why it takes eternity for him to write the ****. He introduced so many ancillary side characters that there's no way two books will wrap this up.
And he just can’t help himself. There was no need to bring the Dothraki back. Nobody asked. And she had an army and 3 dragons. But now we need to go through the motions for her to win them over and then do whatever. She could have flown away on that dragon from the fighting pits, taken a lap, charred some folks and then landed. Why the diversion?

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:03 pm

2nd watch of the trailer. Yeah...there's going to be a battle for winterfell early on, and Cersei's mugging is a combination of the Golden Company arriving and hearing about mass casualties up north. I don't know if there's literally anything else to glean about the back half of the season.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Hmm.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:13 pm

I'll put $20 on Gendry.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Theon die first for sure.

Jon Snow will for the end ruler.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Yeah Theon will sacrifice himself so Jon can live.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Or get killed trying to free Yara.

nocera

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 pm

Or get killed trying to free Yara.
Sure. Either way he'll get the redemption story and death.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Samwell Tarly and Gilly are neck and neck for worst characters in series history. A single second more of their garbage polluting even these feature length episodes is one too many. And I say that knowing that Samwell has to be a part of this season.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Tormund or Berric will die first.

Jorah or Grey Worm will die next.

Pod dying makes no sense, but it has to be him or Brienne. Hope it's her.

Arya I bet bites it. What else is her point?

Theon will have an episode in mid season where he dies saving his sister. He has no dingus. There's no happy ending. Might as well end the pain.

One of Jon/Dany dies because the incest has too much heat to be their happy ending.

Cersei dies last.

Sam writes the hobbit with the eternal baby and Gilly at his side.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Wow.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Samwell Tarly and Gilly are neck and neck for worst characters in series history. A single second more of their garbage polluting even these feature length episodes is one too many. And I say that knowing that Samwell has to be a part of this season.
:thumb:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Bottom line, they created too many warrior heroes over the years. So an annoying amount of this season will be devoted to dramatic death scenes, I'm thinking like at least a half dozen Hodor type deaths.

Stoosh

Postby Stoosh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:10 pm

2nd watch of the trailer. Yeah...there's going to be a battle for winterfell early on, and Cersei's mugging is a combination of the Golden Company arriving and hearing about mass casualties up north. I don't know if there's literally anything else to glean about the back half of the season.
Two details re: Cersei that I saw after a couple of re-watches are:

1. her eyes appear to be welling up with tears, and

2. she appears to be wearing a fairly basic robe as opposed to her usual more ornate get-ups.

Some speculation I've heard/read combines these with the fact that she's drinking and guesses that...
she actually was pregnant, this scene follows a revelation that she lost the baby, and it serves as the catalyst for her final descent into Mad Queendom.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:04 am

The Battle of Winterfell episode is the same weekend as the release of Avengers Endgame. Prepare yourselves accordingly.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:06 am

The Battle of Winterfell episode is the same weekend as the release of Avengers Endgame. Prepare yourselves accordingly.
I saw this earlier... That is going to be a rough one. :scared:

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:12 am

How so? Marvel movies stink.

eddy

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:31 am

How so? Marvel movies stink.
Your attitude is terrible.

eddy

Postby eddy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Rewatching season 7 and not only am I rooting for the whitewalkers to kill everyone on this show (I do like Arya and the brothers without banners crew), but I'm thinking that's how it might end. I really hope they win, that would be terrific!

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Rewatching season 7 and not only am I rooting for the whitewalkers to kill everyone on this show (I do like Arya and the brothers without banners crew), but I'm thinking that's how it might end. I really hope they win, that would be terrific!
You’re gonna be disappointing. This is fan service from here on out.

I’m not loving the Jaimie-killing-Cersei theory. It isnt satisfying to anyone. Cersei gets 5 seconds of “how could you do this” face and poof. Jaimie gets his weird redemption arc fleshed out. Then what.

A better solution would be the “how could you do this” face for a non-mortal wound, and as she runs away, Jaimie drops his knife and makes a “how could I do this” face...then Arya rolls her eyes, swoops in and finishes the job nice and slow. It would be satisfying on all levels. But they’re going to cram in a poetic, simple ending there, I bet. They already torched their claim to this artisanal show making last season. Let’s just give the people what they want.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:05 pm

This is fan service from here on out.
What I'm afraid of.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Boobs?