Game of Thrones Discussion

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:12 pm

I’m guessing we’ll just hear rumbling and see some crypts shaking around. If anything. The level of decomposition for the residents isn’t really fit for television.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:10 pm

I’m guessing we’ll just hear rumbling and see some crypts shaking around. If anything. The level of decomposition for the residents isn’t really fit for television.
I wanna see Ned Stark's head acting like Gary from Santa Clarita Diet.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:47 am

I will be annoyed if anyone is killed in the Winterfell crypts by Zombie Starks. They should know by now to burn all dead bodies
You want them to dig everyone up and preemptively burn them?
Yes

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:34 am

I will be annoyed if anyone is killed in the Winterfell crypts by Zombie Starks. They should know by now to burn all dead bodies
You want them to dig everyone up and preemptively burn them?
Yes
But there’s no time. Bran said so.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:35 am

THERE'S NO TIME TO EVEN SAY HELLO

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:36 am

Plus eddy is super smart and predicted a wight Catelyn so that needs to happen...

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 am

Nope. Gotta figure out how we’re gonna feed people before the Ice Dragon comes for them.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:25 am

Nope. Gotta figure out how we’re gonna feed people before the Ice Dragon comes for them.
Obviously at this point in the series we have completely thrown logic out the window, but this was always one of the more overlooked aspects of things. You have this massive army, coming north into a land where winter has already settled in. Oh yeah, and two dragons that eat a ton. I know that kind of stuff would be more fleshed out in a book format, but that's the logistic equivalent of the Sixth Army heading to Stalingrad.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:27 am

Obviously at this point in the series we have completely thrown logic out the window, but this was always one of the more overlooked aspects of things. You have this massive army, coming north into a land where winter has already settled in. Oh yeah, and two dragons that eat a ton. I know that kind of stuff would be more fleshed out in a book format, but that's the logistic equivalent of the Sixth Army heading to Stalingrad.
easy, go fight now before you get too hungry and then eat the dead if there are survivors after the battle.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:31 am

Plus eddy is super smart
Thank you, it has been a long time since I've heard that.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:38 am

Plus eddy is super smart
Thank you, it has been a long time since I've heard that.
I just didn't want to get yelled at again :lol:

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 am

This is covered ad naseum in the books at the Wall after Jon lets the wildlings through.

Among a lot of other things in those thousands of pages...

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am

Source of the post This is covered ad naseum in the books at the Wall after Jon lets the wildlings through.
EAT THE WILDLINGS!

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:55 am

You need enough food for like a week, then you get out of dodge. also...why are there women and children still hanging around winterfell? i understand you can't just book a holiday inn down near the vale, but there are like 200,000 dead people arriving at your residence shortly. there is literally no worse place to be. what timeline is even happening?

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:17 am

This is covered ad naseum in the books at the Wall after Jon lets the wildlings through.

Among a lot of other things in those thousands of pages...
And this is why the books are no fun.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:27 am

Source of the post And this is why the books are no fun after book 3

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:34 am

My son asked me if he could start reading the books (he's 13 in a few weeks) and watch the show (hell no). I don't think he has the patience for the books yet, but I don't think the violence is all that graphic in the novels.

That being said, I really want to re-read them again. But I'll never have time. Maybe audiobook editions? That might be fun.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am

What's wrong with a 13 year old watching GoT?? :slug:

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:37 am

My son asked me if he could start reading the books (he's 13 in a few weeks) and watch the show (hell no). I don't think he has the patience for the books yet, but I don't think the violence is all that graphic in the novels.

That being said, I really want to re-read them again. But I'll never have time. Maybe audiobook editions? That might be fun.
Every time the show comes back on I have an urge to read the books to fill the time between Sundays, but then I remember that the **** things aren't finished and I would just be blue balling myself.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 am

If you really think your 13 year old son hasn't seen much worse **** than GOT, you clearly haven't checked your internet history.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 am

Every time the show comes back on I have an urge to read the books to fill the time between Sundays, but then I remember that the **** things aren't finished and I would just be blue balling myself.
Which isn't an issue if you watch the show...

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:46 am

Which isn't an issue if you watch the show...
Not at all. The climax of every episode leaves me happy and satisfied.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 am

My 9 year old said some of his friends watch the show. I just rewatched S1. I can't imagine watching some of those scenes with my 9 yr old kid. :shock:

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:00 am

Violence isn't really any worse in the books, but graphic descriptions of sex and lots and lots of fawning over food.