Game of Thrones Discussion

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon May 20, 2019 7:08 am

Deadpan Bran said earlier this season he couldn’t be the lord of anything, he was the three eyed raven...fast forward “why do you think I came all this way”

He should be living in the root system of a tree with a face on it.
Last edited by Viva la Ben on Mon May 20, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 am

I took it as Jon getting sent to the Night’s Watch so Grey Worm would finally **** off and get off everyone’s ass. Jon quite obviously peaced out with the Freefolk and went North of the Wall, which seems like a fitting end for him.
There was also Yara at the council saying he deserved justice. Either way, that jon would go from meeting with Tyrion, in jail for treason with no one, to then see dany alone is mystifying to me. Seemed to me like a pretty dumb way to have her killed.

Also, every time Tyrion talked these last two episodes made me cringe. He sucks, when I rewatch I’m going to be dissapointed every time he evades death.

And the last thing, if bran is the all knowing, just ruler, how the hell does Bronn end up with all the money, seems like a just ruler would have nixed that deal.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:23 am

One thing that is continuing to annoy me. How Drogon, the Unsullied and Dothraki just quickly accept Dany's death and decide to F off back to wherever they came from. As long as Jon gets "justice". WTF?! She freed them from a lifetime of bondage!!! The Dothraki bloodlust is insatiable!! That's Drogon's Mommy. And they just LEAVE?!

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 20, 2019 7:27 am

Bran being king is really an odd decision that doesn’t hold up to scrutiny. Though still kinda shitty, Sansa being Queen, the North remaining part of the Seven Kingdoms, and Bran becoming a tree would at least make some sense.

Trip McNeely

Postby Trip McNeely » Mon May 20, 2019 7:28 am

One thing that is continuing to annoy me. How Drogon, the Unsullied and Dothraki just quickly accept Dany's death and decide to F off back to wherever they came from. As long as Jon gets "justice". WTF?! She freed them from a lifetime of bondage!!! The Dothraki bloodlust is insatiable!! That's Drogon's Mommy. And they just LEAVE?!
There were so many easy ways out that would have made the story more interesting but D & D were even too incompetent for that. How about have Drogon burn Jon, but he remains unburnt? How about greyworm saying f this council, I’m chopping off Jon’s head? How about greyworm just mobilizing his forces and saying we are going to war? How about Arya doing SOMETHING?

It was just awful writing. I feel bad for the actors

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 20, 2019 7:32 am

I expected Drogon to toast Jon but for him to remain unburnt. Made more sense than murdering the iron throne. I do wonder how much of the writing issues are due to wanting to stay true to the ending GRRM gave them, which is something he can’t get to himself.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:35 am

The writing and dialogue this season was so bad. Especially compared to earlier seasons. Just comically bad dialogue this season especially.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 am

yeah, that bothered me too, but I'm going with they didn't have a ruler to tell them what to do.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 am

another thing I kept thinking about was that Bran basically burned KL to the ground and killed all of those people by not warging into the dragon. He's pretty messed up.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 am

How did the Unsullied know what happened to Dany? No one witnessed Jon killing her and Drogon took her away. When someone asked what happened to her Jon could have just been like “I dunno man. The dragon came and torched the throne and then she hoped on its back and was like “this place sucks, I’m leaving” and they just flew away. I dunno what to tell ya.”

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 am

I liked when Jon approached the castle and the dragon was covered in Ash and shook it off and let him pass, that and Dany with wings was a very cool visual.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 am

There was a fairly sizable blood stain on the floor. I guess Jon could have been like, “spilled my wine, mate”

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 am

:lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:53 am

There were actually two water bottles in that scene that were visible...lol.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:02 am

Bran's journey to becoming the 3ER: No impact on the final story.
Arya going through brutal training to learn to be faceless: No impact on the final story (except for Walder Frey's fan service death)
Jon's true parentage being revealed: No impact on the final story.

You see a theme here?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:06 am

Also, the whole thing with Sansa demanding northern independence is completely stupid and unnecessary. Gee, there is no better way to bolster the legitimacy of a brand new King Bran by refusing to bend the knee to him, in full view of all of the other powerful lords of the seven kingdoms. What kind of message does that send to the Prince of Dorne, etc? Dumb dumb dumb. Just make her Warden of the North.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 20, 2019 9:10 am

Also, the whole thing with Sansa demanding northern independence is completely stupid and unnecessary. Gee, there is no better way to bolster the legitimacy of a brand new King Bran by refusing to bend the knee to him, in full view of all of the other powerful lords of the seven kingdoms. What kind of message does that send to the Prince of Dorne, etc? Dumb dumb dumb. Just make her Warden of the North.
Arya going through brutal training to learn to be faceless: No impact on the final story (except for Walder Frey's fan service death)

You see a theme here?
Agree and agree. Yet, if they announced a 9th season that followed Arya exploring west of Westeros, Jon north of the Wall, and the goings on of Westeros led by Bran and Sansa, I'd still tune in every week (while hoping for better writing than we got these last two seasons).

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am

You see a theme here?
A whole bunch of **** that didn't matter to anything. Lazy ass writing to end this show. Awful.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:13 am

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:14 am

You see a theme here?
Agree and agree. Yet, if they announced a 9th season that followed Arya exploring west of Westeros, Jon north of the Wall, and the goings on of Westeros led by Bran and Sansa, I'd still tune in every week (while hoping for better writing than we got these last two seasons).
As would I lol. :lol:

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 am

I hated it.

Jon killing Dany, sure that's fine, pretty clearly how that was supposed to go. But that **** meeting in the dragon pit? With Tyrion convincing a bunch of turds to name Bran king? GTFO. Then a frigging King's council with Tyrion, Davos, Bronn and Samwell. Shoot me.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 am

Tyrion: Jon Snow should be the rightful ruler. He deserves to be King. He's the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. He knows how to lead. He's the chosen one. The people love him. Convinces Jon to kill Dany.
Time to choose a King.
Tyrion: Bran

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 am

You see a theme here?
Not sure about that. The main reason they picked Bran was because he's the 3ER, no?

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 am

You see a theme here?
Not sure about that. The main reason they picked Bran was because he's the 3ER, no?
And Dany probably doesn't lose it if Jon didn't tell her he's the true heir.

Stoosh

Postby Stoosh » Mon May 20, 2019 9:40 am

I realize this is an episode behind, but I've always enjoyed Alt Shift X's reviews of the episodes and elaborations on the book/show materials. This is the one he just published for Episode 5:

https://youtu.be/yMlrVwsWWSk

I'm think we'll get the one for Episode 6 about this time next week.