shafnutz05

Game of Thrones Discussion

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:01 pm

I pray we never see Sam and Gilly again

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 pm

I don't think we will. They had their "goodbye."

Until we find out this was all a story Sam wrote and none of it actually happened...

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 pm

This isn’t a complaint but imagine how truly awful what Dany did was. Like...there are countless little kids who were running away from a dragon that was lighting them and their parents on fire. Like thousands. That’s their last moment. That’s pretty grim stuff.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:28 pm

hilarious timing.

D&D star wars is up next after the skywalker saga

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-star- ... 1834749699
I missed this earlier today. Explains a lot.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Tue May 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Here’s the issue re dany and why this episode could somehow still redeem the whole season if done well

The NK payoff wasn’t great imo. I — and I understand this is possibly a minority opinion — do not buy his motivation and willingness to risk it all over Bran. An existential threat to humanity that would have overrun and killed Bran in like three minutes if the NK just sits tight for a moment (also Bran is just a dude in a permanent k-hole now and we don’t care about him anymore I guess) is killed with an unexplained sneak attack (albeit a sweet move with the knife drop).

Cersei is the big human baddie. Her comeuppance is in her lovers arms and relatively quick and in a way that humanizes her; her last moments are concern for Jaime and a wistful longing for a happy ending.

So now that Dany did a Hitler — how is she gonna get whacked? Burn her alive? She wins and burns everyone else alive? Is she the big baddie as the unquestioned, by multiple orders of magnitude, genocide leader? No one has a a 1/100th number of bodies on them in the human race. Cersei killed max 5k in the sept wildfire explosion.

What I’m saying is I hope Dany murders everyone and reigns supreme.

NAN

Postby NAN » Wed May 15, 2019 9:12 am

This isn’t a complaint but imagine how truly awful what Dany did was. Like...there are countless little kids who were running away from a dragon that was lighting them and their parents on fire. Like thousands. That’s their last moment. That’s pretty grim stuff.
I know it's over a few years and not instant, but I'd compare it to what Hitler did. Just gassing and starving people, women, children, etc.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 am

I know it's over a few years and not instant, but I'd compare it to what Hitler did. Just gassing and starving people, women, children, etc.
My buddy was saying he can't wait to find out if Dany is really evil in the finale. I tried explaining that a character can't really come back from killing innocents including women and children, but somehow he's not sold. He still thinks she can be redeemed.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:31 am

My buddy was saying he can't wait to find out if Dany is really evil in the finale. I tried explaining that a character can't really come back from killing innocents including women and children, but somehow he's not sold. He still thinks she can be redeemed.
At this point it's just "does she live or die" or "who kills Dany" as the remaining questions about her.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed May 15, 2019 10:32 am

sorry everyone, I had a bit of a moment there, probably shouldn't have done all that burning, but I'm good now

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 15, 2019 10:32 am

I predict that Sansa and Dany will come to some sort of agreement on how the North will be governed and Jon is exiled to the Night's Watch, or he just agrees to go live north of the wall with Thormund.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed May 15, 2019 10:33 am

Ah yeah forgot about Tormund too

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 am

I predict that Sansa and Dany will come to some sort of agreement on how the North will be governed and Jon is exiled to the Night's Watch, or he just agrees to go live north of the wall with Thormund.
of all the weirdness in this thread, your continued refusal to accept the end of the Night Watch is the weirdest thing haha

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed May 15, 2019 10:39 am

One of Jon or Dany has to die. 100%

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 am

of all the weirdness in this thread, your continued refusal to accept the end of the Night Watch is the weirdest thing haha
Jon has to start it back up, duh.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 am

Jon's gonna go build his own Night's Watch with blackjack and hookers.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 am

One of Jon or Dany has to die. 100%
If that's the case, it's definitely Dany. And Jon will obviously follow Aemon's path (fight me slappy), so then what? King Tyrion? Queen Sansa? King Bran? Shoot me.

eddy

Postby eddy » Wed May 15, 2019 10:46 am

Jon has to start it back up, duh.
Dany is obviously pregnant with the white walker dragons baby. things got weird and they had to cut an episode, that's really what's happening with the shorter season.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:50 am

Jon's gonna go build his own Night's Watch with blackjack and hookers.
I'm in!

(Not sure how I got dragged into this, but here we are!)

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed May 15, 2019 10:57 am

you're positing that the person who just burnt thousands of women and children alive is going to just going to have free reign over Westeros for the rest of her life, and that's how the series ends, along with Jon defending the realm from...like 12 peaceful people?

she obviously dies this week. the remaining questions are who else does she kill and who kills her.

Gaucho

Postby Gaucho » Wed May 15, 2019 10:57 am

You know what, forget the blackjack.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 am

Dot click unless you’ve read real spoilers
based on the spoilers I mistakenly read Jon going back to the Nights Watch makes zero sense. The Walkers are gone, the wildlings are peaceful with the south, the wall is busted. If that is truly the ending and it seems like it will be this last season ranks up there for me with Sons of Anarchy’s last season as one of the worst.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 15, 2019 11:08 am

Also, the Night's Watch is like a Westeros tradtion. Also the place where you send people to exile and act as a prison. Just because the Wildlings are peacefule now means they won't be peacefull in perpetuity. Plus there's all kinds of weird dead people magic north of the wall that could create new threats in the future. I don't find any point compelling that states the NW is doneso because all's well.

obhave

Postby obhave » Wed May 15, 2019 11:09 am

Westeros will become a democratic society. Calling it.

Pavel Bure

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed May 15, 2019 11:10 am

Also, the Night's Watch is like a Westeros tradtion. Also the place where you send people to exile and act as a prison. Just because the Wildlings are peacefule now means they won't be peacefull in perpetuity. Plus there's all kinds of weird dead people magic north of the wall that could create new threats in the future. I don't find any point compelling that states the NW is doneso because all's well.
The watch only existed because of the Walkers and morphed into the Wildling control because no one had seen a Walker for such a long period of time that the Walkers were thought to only be made up legend.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Wed May 15, 2019 11:13 am

And aren't the white walkers a threat that can resurface over time?