Game of Thrones Discussion

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sun May 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Dany put in some cheat codes to make Drogo invincible
Yeah that was the only thing that immediately really annoys me. I know he is theoretically the strongest dragon but the first ten minutes of that battle was just stupid easy.
imo this is how the dragons should have gone all season. The fact that they took out one was laughable. Humans shouldn't touch a dragon, and this episode they didn't

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Sun May 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Just have it die from wounds from the battle of winterfell. There is no need for it to fly south only to get merked. Have a scorpion bolt glance off Drogo to show they have them

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun May 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Honestly, might have been my least favorite episode of the series. Wasn’t even really entertaining or interesting. Also, could not have predicted Jon Snow being this incredibly worthless.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 am

I really, really want to see Grey Worm die badly.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 am

Honestly, might have been my least favorite episode of the series. Wasn’t even really entertaining or interesting. Also, could not have predicted Jon Snow being this incredibly worthless.
Shmenguin, did you sign in under Dickie Dunn’s name?

obhave

Postby obhave » Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 am

I hated Jamie's ending. Absolutely hated it.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon May 13, 2019 12:22 am

Shmenguin, did you sign in under Dickie Dunn’s name?
Worst thing anyone has ever said to me. I hope you’re forced to read an encyclopedia of Ned posts.

obhave

Postby obhave » Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 am

I feel like the show just lost touch with every character ARC for last minute "gotcha" type things. And also, Jon is useless but him they keep going with.

These aren't bittersweet endings - just bad writing and understanding of your own story.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:30 am

I feel like the show just lost touch with every character ARC for last minute "gotcha" type things. And also, Jon is useless but him they keep going with.

These aren't bittersweet endings - just bad writing and understanding of your own story.
I agree with this. I liked the episode as I said, but the way they have handled closing off character arcs is not good.

The way Jamie and cersei went out as I said last night was realllllllly lame and it still bothers me this morning. Both characters deserved more.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 am

So Jamie says he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves. That's great, but don't spend 7 seasons showing us how much he has changed only to throw it away at the last second. I feel like we got cheated on something. Way too much spectacle over story this season.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 6:35 am

I forgot about this and wife pointed it out last night

Remember that #DaenerysTargaryen vision from season 2 walking through the Red Keep as snow fell through the roof? That wasn’t snow. #GameofThrones https://t.co/ANs8p7Y4EM https://t.co/vMIGXTrjft

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 6:43 am

Did bran warg into the horse for Arya? I hope he raises a skeleton dragon for Jon to fight Dany with.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 13, 2019 6:59 am

I hated Jamie's ending. Absolutely hated it.
You can throw Cersei in there too, I mean what the hell, are we supposed to be brain damaged and have no recollection of her being the most evil, conniving, vile creature in the story?

I was also so sick of Tyrion’s whining about the people of the city.

They turned Dany pathetic, but she is also in a pretty helpless situation, I guess razing the city is a solution to her dilemma.

Not sure they needed half the episode to be devoted to Arya running through the rubble. It was good theater, but could have been done in much less time.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 7:51 am

the more I think about the episode, the more I liked it. Dany has always been talking like this, but her advisors have always talked her out of it. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that when she went off the rails, she did what shes always said she would. I like that they finally are moving along with her.

I'm still pissed about the Jaime story; still feel cheated on that one. I guess it kinda works, I just hate they went that way.

Was that the first time we've seen Cersei scared? I would have liked a different death for her.

Between Igritte and Dany, Jon really knows how to pick them.

Loved the city on fire and dragon flying in the background. It was an intense fight and I enjoyed finally seeing them go out at it, but it sorta lacked the emotional punch I was expecting. Maybe because Mountain is just a sack of flesh at this point.

I feel like if Arya went with the hound, she probably would have been safer. Hound literally killed 2 guards and then there really wasn't a threat beside his bro. Arya would have been fine, but I guess they wanted to show the city falling through her eyes? Like the battle of winterfell, it felt a little long.

So what is going to happen now? Greyworm is going to taddle on Jon to Dany, right? Would Dany attack winterfell?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon May 13, 2019 8:01 am

is the Mountain a white walker?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon May 13, 2019 8:01 am

was*

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 8:02 am

nope, Qyburn "made" him

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Mon May 13, 2019 8:05 am

That was largely an incoherent mess imo.

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 8:10 am

but it looked pretty :meowshrug:

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Mon May 13, 2019 8:27 am

Where's Bronn

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:29 am

Agree on what others have stated. Jaime's character development was one of my favorite in the entire series, and they completely threw it out the window (pun intended). I hope Grey Worm/Dany both meet horrible deaths next episode.

And this, kids, is why you don't be trashy and name your kids after Game of Thrones characters. All those dumb parents that named their daughters Daenerys or Khaleesi, don't you feel smart now?

eddy

Postby eddy » Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 am

Source of the post I hope Grey Worm/Dany both meet horrible deaths next episode.
it was nice seeing Greyworm actually being unsullied, just too late for me to like him. There can't be a lot of possibilities left at this point, but I've been wrong so much, that I'm not even sure I want to list them.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:48 am

The more I have had time to reflect on this episode the less I like it. The way they completely botched Jamie and Cersei at the end is just crazy to me. Just a complete lack of knowing how to close an arc. Like I don't know if there was a worse way for those two to go out.

Even Clegane bowl felt hollow.

Nothing this season has felt quite right, but I was holding out hope they would know how to close things out. I feel they have no idea how to do that and next week will be a bigger mess.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 am

Martin said that writing the books has become very difficult because of all of the many storylines that somehow need to be connected and/or finished, and that it might be impossible to actually finish the books (his words. seriously). The show, obviously, has the same issues. There is no way to end a story this well and leave everyone satisfied.

The "Previously on" clip had an excellent flashback scene with Dany glowering at Cersei outside of King's Landing with audio clips of Aemon Targaryen, Viserys, and others saying various things about crazy Targaryens. Obviously, most of the clips were from years ago. To be honest, no one should've been surprised at the destruction of King's Landing.

Euron is a gibbering moron, right to the end.

The former cleverest man in Westeros, Tyrion, is now the most dim. Sad.

That being said, the cinematography with the crowd scenes and with Arya were excellent. Very visceral and real.

I am enjoying the show enough to think about it well after the episode ends, but I'm glad there isn't another season of this. Time to go.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:04 am

The more I have had time to reflect on this episode the less I like it. The way they completely botched Jamie and Cersei at the end is just crazy to me. Just a complete lack of knowing how to close an arc. Like I don't know if there was a worse way for those two to go out.
This is really the thing that bothered me the most.