Commercials you love

shafnutz05

Commercials you love

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:30 am

4th annual Christmas glitter fest by Mark Rober:

These never get old...I love seeing these colossal pieces of garbage get what they deserve.

tifosi77

Commercials you love

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:34 pm

"I wonder if it's one of those package thief things that spray out fart glitter..."

:lol:

At around the 13:00 mark they start talking about car break-ins in SF. Right after we moved there, SF Gate did a story about the recent massive spike in those property crimes around certain tourist areas. Reporter arranged for a ride-along with an undercover SFPD unit patrolling for these crims. They posted up at the top of the hill at Lombard Street (people often go straight there from the airport in their rental car, and have visible luggage in the back seat), and as they were maneuvering the car to park they witnessed a break-in.

Tomas

Commercials you love

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Like I said, Ryan REynolds = genius:

And just like that... Peloton took down the video with "Mr. Big" - accused of sexual assault - down...

They can't catch a break. First, Mr. Big dies, then then he gets resurrected, then he turns into a sexual predator.

Tomas

Commercials you love

Postby Tomas » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:28 pm

"I wonder if it's one of those package thief things that spray out fart glitter..."

:lol:

At around the 13:00 mark they start talking about car break-ins in SF. Right after we moved there, SF Gate did a story about the recent massive spike in those property crimes around certain tourist areas. Reporter arranged for a ride-along with an undercover SFPD unit patrolling for these crims. They posted up at the top of the hill at Lombard Street (people often go straight there from the airport in their rental car, and have visible luggage in the back seat), and as they were maneuvering the car to park they witnessed a break-in.
This story really happened (to my co-author): Last year about this time, she was getting married. Both she and her soon to be husband foreigners during the time of COVID, which means no parents and family involved. So they decided to do it in SF. There is apparently some place at (near?) Golden Gate Bridge, which allows for killer wedding pics - so right there. They rent a car, she gets into her nice wedding dress. They pull into the parking lot of that wedding company. The groom takes the notebook out to check the internet connection and angles before they start Zooming the ceremony to both sets of parents. Then, AS THE BRIDE IS SITTING IN THE CAR(!) in her wedding dress, smash!! - somebody breaks the window of the rental, and grabs the backpack in the second row - right behind the bride. Both the groom and the bride somehow get 20 minute delay extension from the wedding firm. They have to get composed, start the Zoom to the parents (without telling them, of course), and they get married.

They spend the rest of the day dealing with police, car rental company, cancelling their cards (did I mention that the backpack contained BOTH of their passports?). Well. in the evening, they get the phone call - somebody found the backpack WITH the passports (simply no money).

I told her that as long as they stay married, they will always upstage anybody at any party for the rest of their lives whenever "the story of our wedding day" would be discussed.

BTW, both sets of parents do not know until this day - and will never know...

tifosi77

Commercials you love

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:39 am

Trying to think of the places in the city near the Bridge that give good looks at the GGB. Crissy Field, Fort Mason, Fort Point, parts of the Presidio. Palace of Fine Arts would be a good place in it's own right, but I'm not sure what the bridge view situation is. Coit Tower isn't near the Bridge, but the views are pretty great, and it's in a somewhat dodgy area. (Not far from Lombard St)

Tomas

Commercials you love

Postby Tomas » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:57 pm

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Commercials you love

Postby iamjs » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:08 pm

Most of the comments in this video are roasting Infiniti for making fun of these kids. No Karen, maybe it's self-awareness for those who knew years later that we were terrible at music but our parents suffered through many a recital to support us.

tifosi77

Commercials you love

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:08 pm

No, I'm pretty sure that's 100% making fun of elementary school 'band'. And that's totally fine, at that age being terrible is the point.

iamjs

Commercials you love

Postby iamjs » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:10 pm

No, I'm pretty sure that's 100% making fun of elementary school 'band'. And that's totally fine, at that age being terrible is the point.
Oh, it does. I'm just saying I'm sure there was some self-awareness when that ad was made.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Commercials you love

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 pm

I usually loathe AT&T commercials but the Matt Stafford one is delightful

faftorial

Commercials you love

Postby faftorial » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:49 pm

Who is Matt Stafford?

Pavel Bure

Commercials you love

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:51 pm

HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TONTHE FOREHEAD

Ad@m

Commercials you love

Postby Ad@m » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:50 pm

iamjs

Commercials you love

Postby iamjs » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:35 pm

maybe not a commercial I love, but a commercial that is funnier when they don't cut out the ending.

iamjs

Commercials you love

Postby iamjs » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:17 pm

DigitalGypsy66

Commercials you love

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:23 pm

I said the same thing today. Gary Cole is back as Lumbergh too!

shafnutz05

Commercials you love

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 pm

I am really enjoying the TV Dad spots for Progressive. They hit a feel good spot and are absurdly funny

RonnieFranchise

Commercials you love

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:39 pm

The young homeowners turning into their parents for Liberty Mutual or whatever insurance company slay me. Keith is a dead ringer for a guy I used to work with.

The guy not wanting to pitch the crown moulding because you never know when you might use it.... I totally have a stack of crown moulding dating back to our 2015 remodel in my basement.

DigitalGypsy66

Commercials you love

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:22 am

Not bad. Not bad at all.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Commercials you love

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:26 am

The young homeowners turning into their parents for Liberty Mutual or whatever insurance company slay me. Keith is a dead ringer for a guy I used to work with.

The guy not wanting to pitch the crown moulding because you never know when you might use it.... I totally have a stack of crown moulding dating back to our 2015 remodel in my basement.

These have been amazing and keep getting better and better. I had a hearty disagreement with my gf about a stack of instruction manuals she wanted to store in my office about 2 weeks before that commercial started to air. Her mother also held about 50 old cool whip containers in storage, just in case.

RonnieFranchise

Commercials you love

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:35 am

In addition to the moulding I'm 50/50 that I have floor mats for a vehicle I no longer own in my attic. Put there when I bought all weather ones.

dodint

Commercials you love

Postby dodint » Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:36 am

Always keep floor mats, they make great mats for laying on when working on projects.

Excess floor mats I mean, don't go ripping that out of every car you sell or trade. :lol: I tend to buy cars from racer friends and we hoard stuff, so the last few cars I've bought came with spare mats.