Colossal TV Show thread

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:44 am

I liked the fat kid podcaster. :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:44 am

Speaking of Cobra Kai S03 was good, but every one of those kids would either be in the hospital, juvi, or jail after every few episodes. It kinda jumped the shark for us because of the ridiculousness.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:45 am

Haha, me too. The kids are pretty good so far. It's basically the first movie with a fancy budget. All my kids who are huge fans of the movies really enjoyed the 1st episode. Emilio is looking/sounding so much like his old man.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:49 am

Emilio is looking/sounding so much like his old man.
That first scene, when he steps off the Zamboni, it sounded exactly like Martin Sheen. We had just finished Falcon and Winter Soldier, where Wyatt Russell looks exactly like his old man (but doesn't sound like him yet).

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:50 am

I've seen the Wire in it's entirety. I've tried to start a re-watch with my wife ..this will be the 3rd time now I think? Hopefully this time she can stick through it...as I know how good the show is and I want to watch it again anyways.

She seems to be into it, but for whatever reason we seem to start it and then other things come up.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:51 am

That first scene, when he steps off the Zamboni, it sounded exactly like Martin Sheen. We had just finished Falcon and Winter Soldier, where Wyatt Russell looks exactly like his old man (but doesn't sound like him yet).
True. He looked dumb with his ears sticking out if the mask in the first episode, but I thought he was great in the second episode.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 am

I've seen the Wire in it's entirety. I've tried to start a re-watch with my wife ..this will be the 3rd time now I think? Hopefully this time she can stick through it...as I know how good the show is and I want to watch it again anyways.

She seems to be into it, but for whatever reason we seem to start it and then other things come up.
I just finished season 2 and am absolutely loving it.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:01 am

I just finished season 2 and am absolutely loving it.
I think she enjoys it. I just think that sometimes when she has to follow something closely or pay attention to close details it takes her a few times to really "get" it. We watch alot of trash tv that is just throw away...so when we switch gears and watch something with alot of nuance...its hard for her to switch gears and pay attention :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:36 am

Does anyone watch the British show "Peep Show"? I've seen numerous threads about it pop up on Reddit recently, and was wondering if it was worth a go.

Gabe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gabe » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:48 am

Its funny, watching F&WS, I actually heard a little Kurt speaking in Wyatt. He does sound like him from time to time.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:51 am

R/freefolk is a proxy for devoted fans. It does mean something that the internet people hate the show.
Once a month, I visit r/freefolk and sort by "Top" for the preceding month. It's cathartic.

Every time I hear "Who has a better story than Bran the Broken?", a few minutes are taken off my lifespan.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:53 am

I liked the new mighty ducks show, cobra kai light was a good description. Smartass Coach Bombay is the highlight so far and I hope that continues.
I enjoyed it as well. I need to know why Bombay is nearly back to his first movie misery.

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:03 pm

I liked the whole I hate hockey and I hate kids line that was in the first movie.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:28 pm

Speaking of Cobra Kai S03 was good, but every one of those kids would either be in the hospital, juvi, or jail after every few episodes. It kinda jumped the shark for us because of the ridiculousness.
I wholeheartedly think season 3 should be titled Someone Call the Police Already

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:50 am

Been reading through this book series with my daughter and it's a lot of fun. Looks like they are sticking close to the books.

@obhave I think you would enjoy these books.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:54 am

Been reading through this book series with my daughter and it's a lot of fun. Looks like they are sticking close to the books.

I've read all of the books, and the trailer looks terrific.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:22 am

You like the books? I'm going through the shadow and bone series now.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:24 am

I did, yes.

obhave

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby obhave » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:35 pm

Shadow and bone was okay, the crooked kingdom duology was better!

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:40 pm

Was looking for a dumb half hour comedy to watch as I only seem to have dramas and docs in my queue right now. Found it; The Crew on Netflix.

Kevin James (*groan*) as a NASCAR crew chief (wut?) whose new boss is a hard headed millennial woman. Hilarity ensues!

I don't even know who this is for. NASCAR folks would see right through it, and it's too niche for a broad audience. But, I like Sarah Stiles from Billions and she is probably the third most prominent character behind the crew chief and the boss. Stiles is kind of the Rhea Perlman of our generation. Going to give it a watch through.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Shadow and bone was okay, the crooked kingdom duology was better!
That's what my daughter says. I'm digging S&B even with the random super teenage flirt scenes that seem to just pop in

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:19 pm

Was looking for a dumb half hour comedy to watch as I only seem to have dramas and docs in my queue right now. Found it; The Crew on Netflix.

Kevin James (*groan*) as a NASCAR crew chief (wut?) whose new boss is a hard headed millennial woman. Hilarity ensues!

I don't even know who this is for. NASCAR folks would see right through it, and it's too niche for a broad audience. But, I like Sarah Stiles from Billions and she is probably the third most prominent character behind the crew chief and the boss. Stiles is kind of the Rhea Perlman of our generation. Going to give it a watch through.
My wife and I watch it. It's definitely not for everyone, especially if you hate Kevin James, but it's enjoyable enough that we keep watching when we want to.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:20 pm

Source of the post Shadow and bone was okay, the crooked kingdom duology was better!
Agreed here, as well.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:22 pm

Talk about timing - just got an Amazon Author update from Leigh Bardugo about the King of Scars duology book 2 being released.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:09 pm

My wife and I watch it. It's definitely not for everyone, especially if you hate Kevin James, but it's enjoyable enough that we keep watching when we want to.
The problem with James, imo, is that he peaked with King of Queens (which I enjoy) and never really grew after that. It's fine, but it's just more of the same. Fat jokes and gaffs. The Crew is...that. But it's fine, I knew that going in. :thumb: