Colossal TV Show thread

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 pm

I stumbled upon CSI:Cyber this evening. Wow, what a horrendous show. It's like Internet for Dummies: the show.

Somehow, hackers uploaded firmware to printers that caused them to overheat and burn. Two victims HAD NO IDEA that someone could cause this to happen from OUTSIDE their apartment. They were like "Wifi? What's that??? Yikes.

Then some blackhat hacker is asked if he knows another hacker named Ju5tu5. "No man, so many hackers are using leetspeak these days..."

Now I wait for my mother-in-law and parents to call to see if someone can indeed hack their printer. :roll:

Rylan

Re: Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Rylan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:01 pm

Police procedural shows have been so over done. Are there really no ways to have a TV show that doesn't require the police and/or government agencies.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:03 pm

CSI: Cyber seriously is like one long MAD TV sketch. I keep waiting for Will Sasso to show up and do his "I am a poor man's Chris Farley" routine. I watch it for the lulz.

Corvidae

Postby Corvidae » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Better Call Saul - Awesome so far.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - I got hooked last year and am all over the MCU
Game of Thrones - Awaiting...
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Very funny. I feel like a shouldn't like Tina Fey stuff for some reason, bit I really do.
Archer - Probably my least favorite season so far, but still my favorite comedy right now.

relantel

Postby relantel » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:50 am

Finally watched this week's Following. I really hate it when they put two hours together, that are really two separate episodes, in one block in the guide. Means we have to watch both eps to clear the DVR space rather than one at a time.

Oh... and in the last minute of the second episode, we finally see...
Joe Carroll

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:13 am

I think I might actually start watching Kimmy Schmidt. Apparently NBC passed on it because it felt there was too much humor based on stereotypes and whatnot?

obhave

Postby obhave » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:17 am

I think I might actually start watching Kimmy Schmidt. Apparently NBC passed on it because it felt there was too much humor based on stereotypes and whatnot?
There is a lot of race and sexuality based humor.

When looking at commentary from people of color, half the reviewers call it super racist while other commend it on its racial comments. Interesting how its split.

the wicked child

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:14 pm

Planning to rewatch the second half of S4 of GoT this weekend... Have S4 and on of the Sopranos to rewatch...

Next new show will probably be Agents of Shield.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:24 pm

There is a lot of race and sexuality based humor.

When looking at commentary from people of color, half the reviewers call it super racist while other commend it on its racial comments. Interesting how its split.
There's a lot of racial and stereotype humor and I found it all hilarious. I don't think its a ground breaking show, but I found it to be a hilarious casual watch.

My wife and I like to alternate choosing nostalgic "favorites" to work into our TV schedule. Her most recent selection was her "favorite show ever", The OC. I never expected myself to say this, but it was a pretty good show. Some stupidity and questionable storylines, but overall it was an enjoyable show with likable characters, good performances, and a lot of humor that reminded me of Chuck, which was also by Josh Schwartz. :thumb:

Rylan

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Rylan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:27 pm

I have been watching The Clone Wars animated series on Netflix. I have found it extremely enjoyable to watch, which I did not really expect.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Vikings has been renewed for a fourth season on the History channel. Huzzah, more Lagertha!

http://deadline.com/2015/03/vikings-ren ... 201399120/

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:11 pm

Source of the post I have been watching The Clone Wars animated series on Netflix. I have found it extremely enjoyable to watch, which I did not really expect
have you watched rebels yet, it's great.
Source of the post Vikings has been renewed for a fourth season on the History channel. Huzzah, more Lagertha!
is this streaming anywhere? I need to start watching

Silentom

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Silentom » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Does anybody know of a place to stream season 2 of S.H.I.E.L.D.? I'm waaaay behind this year and need to play catch up.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:49 pm

I need to watch the last episode of Rebels. But trying to get me and my two sons in front of a TV at the same time during baseball and soccer seasons is daunting.
Source of the post is this streaming anywhere? I need to start watching
(The highlight to quote feature is excellent!) It is on Amazon Prime. Get a VPN and watch the UK version, which is unedited (we talked about it on LGP).

Downton Abbey will end after the upcoming 6th series. Filming now: http://www.chron.com/entertainment/tele ... 160688.php

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:52 pm

I need to watch the last episode of Rebels. But trying to get me and my two sons in front of a TV at the same time during baseball and soccer seasons is daunting.
Source of the post is this streaming anywhere? I need to start watching
(The highlight to quote feature is excellent!) It is on Amazon Prime. Get a VPN and watch the UK version, which is unedited (we talked about it on LGP).

Downton Abbey will end after the upcoming 6th series. Filming now: http://www.chron.com/entertainment/tele ... 160688.php
so the US Prime version is definitely edited? If I watch Prime on my Roku, can you do the VPN thing with that?

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:15 pm

Archer - Probably my least favorite season so far, but still my favorite comedy right now.
I think the comedy is back on par with where the show was in seasons 1-3. But the overall writing has gotten sort of lazy. Not a fan of how often they are going to the Lana-in-lingerie well; it's weird watching a show Rule 34 itself.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Source of the post so the US Prime version is definitely edited? If I watch Prime on my Roku, can you do the VPN thing with that?
Yes, I just found this out recently. There's a whole website that tracks the changes between the two versions. Some are minor changes, some are fairly major. For instance, it shows Ragnar and Aslaug in bed in the U.S. version. UK version pans wide and shows another woman in bed with them!

We might need pittsoccer33 or whatever he goes by here to explain how to get Roku working with a VPN. There is a pay service called unblock.us that should work with an entire local area network, and fairly easy to setup and use. I've only played with browser extension VPNs like Hola, which I can then cast a tab from a different country's version of Netflix to my living room TV (using Chromecast).

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:51 pm

The Americans this week was fantastic.
The scene with Elizabeth and the old woman was beautifully acted, written, and paced. Almost as well done as the Red Wedding. Unreal performances on a show that is full of them.
Frank Langella is excellent as well. Check this show out if you haven't watched it yet.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:59 pm

I need to watch the Americans.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:39 pm

Vikings has been renewed for a fourth season on the History channel. Huzzah, more Lagertha!

http://deadline.com/2015/03/vikings-ren ... 201399120/
For a while I thought Jax Teller and Ragnar Lothbruk were the same person.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:42 pm

I watched the first season, kind of fell away during Season 2 (while my wife watched), and I am reengaged for season 3. It's good stuff.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:51 am

I watched the first season, kind of fell away during Season 2 (while my wife watched), and I am reengaged for season 3. It's good stuff.

I lost the last 3 episodes on my DVR and haven't watched it since. For the most part, I really enjoyed it and I find Keri Russel incredibly attractive. I need to go back and catch up.

Started watching Poirot last night, it was pretty good (my wife is an Agathie Christie junkie)

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 am

Better Call Saul - Awesome so far.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - I got hooked last year and am all over the MCU
Game of Thrones - Awaiting...
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Very funny. I feel like a shouldn't like Tina Fey stuff for some reason, bit I really do.
Nobody cares Corvi
Huzzah, more Lagertha!
She might be the most beautiful woman on TV.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:16 am

Aye, I was perusing her pictures on IMdB, to see what she looked like sans Viking gear. Mostly comic con/red carpet pictures - non-posed in natural light - and she is nearly flawless.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:20 am

In the growing trend of "We can't think of anything new so lets bring back old shows that people used to like," Craig T. Nelson is reprising his role as Coach Hayden Fox in a 13 episode "follow up" series on NBC.