Colossal TV Show thread

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:16 am

And the young Rock (one of them!) plays Young Black Adam (or whatever) in Black Adam.

Finished series 4 of the UK Ghosts, which I think is out in January on HBO Max (hopefully with their Christmas special which obviously isn't out yet). A good but not great season, imo.

My wife made me watch a recent episode of the US Ghosts, which was fine. Original is better, and at 6 or so episodes a season, much easier to complete.
Agreed with the above. UK shows are driving me nuts with their short seasons. We're finally getting season 2 of The Cleaner (Greg Davies) soon, with the new Christmas special airing in a week or so. Can't wait for that one.
S02 of The Cleaner was just released, finally. Long wait for 6 episodes.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:45 pm

I’m re-watching Futurama and I’m taken aback by how much lower quality the Comedy Central episodes are

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:39 pm

Finished The New Pope and Silvio Orlando needs to win something for his performance. He's ridiculous.

Started my 6th rewatch of deadwood. It's been at least 5 years. I always remember thinking it starts slow. What a bad take. It's nonstop intensity. Seems like the streak of getting better every time i watch it will be extended. And still my favorite tv show/movie of all time

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:16 pm

There was a stretch of two years where I watched all of Deadwood, Justified, Dexter, Sopranos (twice), and Gilmore Girls. That was my heyday.

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:46 am

I still haven't seen Justified. I've heard it's worth watching

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:52 am

Justified is great.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:02 am

Ted Lasso ep 3 season 3 was more really good stuff.

Joegap

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Joegap » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:25 am

Something bad has to happen with Zava. I wonder if him signing the contract as your welcome is going to be an issue, or Nate's squad is going to try and hurt him?

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 am

Justified is great.
And there is a limited series coming out this year.
Eight years after he's left Kentucky, Givens is now is based in Miami, balancing life as a marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. A chance encounter on a Florida highway sends him to Detroit and he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent sociopath who's already slipped through the fingers of Detroit's finest once and wants to do so again
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14263564/? ... rvi_tt_i_1

obhave

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby obhave » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:07 pm

Something bad has to happen with Zava. I wonder if him signing the contract as your welcome is going to be an issue, or Nate's squad is going to try and hurt him?
or competition from Jamie gets past is "serene" facade? I'm surprised the Ted is so blind to what a guy like that can do to his team.

If they have a story line of Rebecca being pregnant I am going to be annoyed. I cannot identify why, but it seems like the wrong direction. Maybe it's because I didn't like the Sam thing?

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:33 pm

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:56 am

I got about halfway through episode one of season 3 of Barry and haven't gone back. I enjoyed the first two seasons, but it was far from one of my favorites. Not sure why. I'll probably binge 3 and 4 when they are done airing. Maybe. :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:24 pm

BBC’s Ghosts to end after this next season (5). Looking forward to the farewell season.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:56 pm

BBC’s Ghosts to end after this next season (5). Looking forward to the farewell season.
I’m surprised it went as long as it did. That’s not typical for a British series.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:58 pm

Still waiting for S4 to hit HBO Max.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:23 pm

Finally getting around to Miracle Workers. Not what I thought it was going to be. It's hilarious.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:24 pm

Finally getting around to Miracle Workers. Not what I thought it was going to be. It's hilarious.
Every season is better than the last.

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:10 am

Ted Lasso
Is it a love rectangle? Jack wants Keeley, Keeley is having second thoughts about Jamie, Roy still has it for Keeley, and Shandy wants anything that moves. The predicted yet unwanted Nate redemption arc is set. He's seen Rupert is a clown and keeps wanting to apologize to Ted because he knows right from wrong. Rebecca's family is the team, not children of her own. A big question is will the series end with Ted and Michelle back together? That smile at the end of their phone call was probably the first time in their relationship that he's voiced displeasure and seemed like a tangible human to her in a very long time. The constant optimism is what drove her away, is this an opening to come back.
A lot has happened in the last two episodes, I have a feeling some will never get unpacked. Like Colin is gay. Um, okay. Not sure I need a major storyline on it because the main characters already have enough going. There's a part of me that really hopes they release a mock Trent Crimm book on the season too. It'd be worth the read.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:20 am

Started Night Watch last night. Two episodes in and I'm hooked

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:21 am

Ted Lasso
Is it a love rectangle? Jack wants Keeley, Keeley is having second thoughts about Jamie, Roy still has it for Keeley, and Shandy wants anything that moves. The predicted yet unwanted Nate redemption arc is set. He's seen Rupert is a clown and keeps wanting to apologize to Ted because he knows right from wrong. Rebecca's family is the team, not children of her own. A big question is will the series end with Ted and Michelle back together? That smile at the end of their phone call was probably the first time in their relationship that he's voiced displeasure and seemed like a tangible human to her in a very long time. The constant optimism is what drove her away, is this an opening to come back.
A lot has happened in the last two episodes, I have a feeling some will never get unpacked. Like Colin is gay. Um, okay. Not sure I need a major storyline on it because the main characters already have enough going. There's a part of me that really hopes they release a mock Trent Crimm book on the season too. It'd be worth the read.
I agree and echo your sentiments. I personally believe that the series ends with him moving back to the states to be with his estranged wife. Also, Jamie will score the GWG in the final game of the season, cementing his place as the top player on the squad. I really want that to happen.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:22 am

Ted Lasso
I agree and echo your sentiments. I personally believe that the series ends with him moving back to the states to be with his estranged wife. Also, Jamie will score the GWG in the final game of the season, cementing his place as the top player on the squad. I really want that to happen.
Jamie's redemption-esque arc has been one of my favorite things on the show.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:26 am

Did you mean The Night Agent? If so, I thought it was pretty good as well. If not, all I see with the same title is a Russian horror film from 2004. :lol:

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:31 am

Ted Lasso
Jamie's redemption-esque arc has been one of my favorite things on the show.
I love Jamie's redemption, but it's almost coming too easily. I hope for a hiccup somewhere during the season because change is a lot harder than they're making it, I feel.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:37 am

Man, if they get it close to the books...it's gonna be good.

I attempted to watch Extrapolations, which might be the first Apple TV+ miss. Just a really heavy handed eco-calamity series with a great cast. Couldn't get through the first episode.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:39 am

Did you mean The Night Agent? If so, I thought it was pretty good as well. If not, all I see with the same title is a Russian horror film from 2004. :lol:
Oops, you're right. The Night Agent is on the night watch, so got it mixed up.

Reminds me of a Tom Clancy novel. Helps that I'm rereading Red Rabbit right now :lol: