Colossal TV Show thread

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:02 pm

Yeah, I watched it already too. Enjoyed it.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Yeah, I watched it already too. Enjoyed it.
I'm glad they got the original aunt viv to be a part of it and reconcile with Will Smith and see the cast. I didn't realize everything that went on back then.

Rewatching everything too, I always forgot how funny/great Jazz was too. I loved his character.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:09 pm

Source of the post Rewatching everything too, I always forgot how funny/great Jazz was too. I loved his character.
The best is when he shows up in a scene wearing that shirt and you just know Phil is going to throw him out the house.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:16 pm

Source of the post Rewatching everything too, I always forgot how funny/great Jazz was too. I loved his character.
The best is when he shows up in a scene wearing that shirt and you just know Phil is going to throw him out the house.
Yeah, that is one thing I picked up on with the reunion show that I never noticed before, and when I rewatched it, he had that shirt on you knew he was out the door. I think there was only one time, I think the next to last time he was thrown out, he had something different on and they threw him out the back door.

Geoffrey (sp?) was also the man. Such a smartass.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:18 pm

Yeah, that is one thing I picked up on with the reunion show that I never noticed before, and when I rewatched it, he had that shirt on you knew he was out the door. I think there was only one time, I think the next to last time he was thrown out, he had something different on and they threw him out the back door.

Geoffrey (sp?) was also the man. Such a smartass.
I still need to watch the reunion special but I love that they brought that up.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:18 pm

I did not appreciate Geoffrey Butler (lol) nearly as much as a child. :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:18 pm

The entire cast was terrific. Uncle Phil, though, so good. Always enjoyed the pool hustle episode, and Will’s “why didn’t he want me” episode.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 pm

I remember the boobie action in the Hillary Banks muscle relaxer episode being a very good thing for teenaged me.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:03 pm

Season 3 of Billions is the best one I've yet watched.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Beartown (HBO Max) was pretty good. Obviously, the book develops the characters a bit better, and at only 5 episodes, a lot of the subplots were cut out.

Pretty decent Swedish junior hockey action; there is a Sidney Crosby mention, and one of the characters plays BFV at one point.

Very heavy subject matter, but worth checking out.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:04 am

Resident Alien is the best SyFy show since The Expanse.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:28 am

I honestly thought that was video game TV show.

You really need to check out For All Mankind on Apple TV. It's really good.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:42 am

Beartown (HBO Max) was pretty good. Obviously, the book develops the characters a bit better, and at only 5 episodes, a lot of the subplots were cut out.

Pretty decent Swedish junior hockey action; there is a Sidney Crosby mention, and one of the characters plays BFV at one point.

I made it about 45 seconds on account of it being subtitled. Looked interesting but I read all day, I turn on the TV so I can be dumb.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:02 am

finishing Dark really screwed me up. i don't know where to go from here. that show was magic. i haven't seen Mr Robot yet. maybe that's something. but i don't like going into a show where i've heard an entire season is a write off, which I've heard about Mr R.

...that void when you're done with a quality show and nothing is on deck. hate it

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:06 am

finishing Dark really screwed me up. i don't know where to go from here. that show was magic. i haven't seen Mr Robot yet. maybe that's something. but i don't like going into a show where i've heard an entire season is a write off, which I've heard about Mr R.

...that void when you're done with a quality show and nothing is on deck. hate it
Pretty sure you've already seen these, but I jumped right into The Shield, finished it, and am now on The Wire. Highly recommend both.

PFiDC

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby PFiDC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:17 am

I've only seen season 1 and would need to rewatch it as it's been 3 years. I was enthralled and the ending of season 1 is just such a WTF moment. Also, I was damn near back to fluent German by the time I was done. Looking forward to getting back into this.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:40 am

Pretty sure you've already seen these, but I jumped right into The Shield, finished it, and am now on The Wire. Highly recommend both.
the lead actor in the Shield has the charisma and range of an unbaked potato. i know the show is acclaimed. i don't like that actor, though. it's a deal breaker for me.

the wire, i ran through in its original, pre-HD release.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:55 am

Your TV takes are Jim level.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:09 pm

I made it about 45 seconds on account of it being subtitled. Looked interesting but I read all day, I turn on the TV so I can be dumb.
Yeah, I get that. I admit changing the language of shows/movies to English when I am in the kitchen and can't be arsed to be stuck in front of the iPad or laptop.

And for me, Swedish has very few similar words to English that it's tough to keep up with. I've taken French, German, Spanish and can pick out words here and there in a show or movie without using subtitles. But Swedish? Nope. Unless it's an English word...I'm lost.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 pm

This is hilarious considering the game of thrones thread. Remember how much you looooooved everything in that show’s last couple seasons, up until a week later where your brain kicked in?

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:33 pm

This is hilarious considering the game of thrones thread. Remember how much you looooooved everything in that show’s last couple seasons, up until a week later where your brain kicked in?
It’s called optimism.
Or blind hope?

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:36 pm

No sir. You called me a c*nt or something because I thought the battle against the zombies was poorly done.

Talk about being a Jim...

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:55 pm

No sir. You called me a c*nt or something because I thought the battle against the zombies was poorly done.

Talk about being a Jim...
I’m sure I’ve called you a NTP66 for a lot more reasons than just that.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:12 pm

Found it.

Re: The battle thingy episode that should have signaled to everyone that the end was nigh. Dickie Dunn get's accurately sized up by old shmeng-o here big time.

You guys all owe me an apology except slappy (RIP). @meow in particular. I'll wait.
But that wasn’t great for me dog.
Most unsurprising thing ever posted. FIND ANOTHER **** SHOW
As per usual, you’ll figure it out after the adrenaline wears off.
As per usual, you’re a **** Canaan. It’s a **** tv show about dragons and zombies and medieval politics. It’s not **** War and Peace.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:17 pm

Found it.

Re: The battle thingy episode that should have signaled to everyone that the end was nigh. Dickie Dunn get's accurately sized up by old shmeng-o here big time.

You guys all owe me an apology except slappy (RIP). @meow in particular. I'll wait.
But that wasn’t great for me dog.
Most unsurprising thing ever posted. FIND ANOTHER **** SHOW
As per usual, you’ll figure it out after the adrenaline wears off.
As per usual, you’re a **** Canaan. It’s a **** tv show about dragons and zombies and medieval politics. It’s not **** War and Peace.
In all of our defense, that episode was okayish and was the last okayish episode of the series. The creaking trap door completely fell out from beneath all of us after that.