Colossal TV Show thread

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:50 am

Finished up shadow and bone. We all liked it very much, they did a great job at some of the changes from the book, it was nice they made Mal likeable. All the characters were well done. Look forward to rewatching and future seasons
Dear **** lord this hiatus was far too long, but Shadow and Bone season 2 is now available on Netflix.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:59 am

We are rewatching Ted Lasso again before season 3...and man that show is still as funny as ever. Perfectly written.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:07 am

Can't wait.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:06 pm

Saw that it was announced a few weeks ago the Goldbergs are coming to an end. I'm glad. Probably went on 2 or 3 seasons too long, but it needed to wrap up.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:11 pm

Episode 1 of season 3 of Ted Lasso is live now.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:12 pm

Hot damn.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:39 pm

Iger said cuts in programming would be coming.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:26 pm

Now do Boba Fett.

Joegap

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Joegap » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:26 pm

going to be a fun season of hating Nate

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:55 pm

I really hope he doesn't get a redemption arc and they lean hard into him being a complete dadhole.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:14 pm

Cunk on earth is the funniest show I’ve ever seen

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:43 pm

I liked it a lot. The experts as straight men are so, so good. I want to Google if they are real but don't want to ruin it. The one guy, the middle ages philosophy expert with the big forehead whose name was....Hedman?....really has me wondering. :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:47 am

And the cuts to 'Pump Up the Jam'? That got us every time.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:48 am

I really hope he doesn't get a redemption arc and they lean hard into him being a complete dadhole.
Agreed. He needs to go down in flames with everyone - fans, friends, and family (daddy is already heading that direction).

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:35 am

Three episodes left in Season 7 of Sons of Anarchy
The Abel storyline is annoyingly boring and predictable.
You are about to hit the trifecta of episodes at the end. The next episode is one of the best in the series.
The scene between Jax and juice in the prison during their little sit down is about as riveting 9 or so minutes you will get. Just great stuff from both guys.
The kid actor who played abel was awful, which contributed to that part of the show being less than stellar most of the time.
Almost through this show. I thought I could get through the Abel stuff. I can’t remember a more pathetic attempt at a kid acting in my life. Just pure cringe, like wanting to jam my finger into my eye socket cringe. And actual actors trying to do scenes with this kid, and responding to him, like another person/character? Christ. That’s part on the writers in my opinion too. How many takes did they do before landing on the final? I bet by the end they were just like “good” if he reads the like correctly

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:25 am

Agreed. He needs to go down in flames with everyone - fans, friends, and family (daddy is already heading that direction).
That was a really good first episode. It set up the season, gave the story a direction and purpose that seems like we were lacking in the last season, reintroduced all the main characters (most being in a new position in life), and reestablished the emotional core.
As for Nate not getting a redemption arc, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. The seeds were already planted. He's not an evil guy, he's just feels as if he's been constantly overlooked and "left behind" by the people he trusted. Rupert is currently that person for him but I have a feeling that's not going to end well either. I think we see him come back to the good side before the series is over.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:29 am

That was a really good first episode. It set up the season, gave the story a direction and purpose that seems like we were lacking in the last season, reintroduced all the main characters (most being in a new position in life), and reestablished the emotional core.
As for Nate not getting a redemption arc, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. The seeds were already planted. He's not an evil guy, he's just feels as if he's been constantly overlooked and "left behind" by the people he trusted. Rupert is currently that person for him but I have a feeling that's not going to end well either. I think we see him come back to the good side before the series is over.
Shut your whore mouth.

Joegap

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Joegap » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:31 am

Shut your whore mouth.
Speaking of redemption arcs - I am loving Jamie Tartt's arc

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:34 am

Shut your whore mouth.
Speaking of redemption arcs - I am loving Jamie Tartt's arc
Same. Would love to see this continue through to the end of the series for sure.

Nuge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Nuge » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:04 pm

Are Ted Lasso episodes released weekly? If that's the case, I'll wait until they're all up before I subscribe to apple tv.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:22 pm

Yes and that's the same approach I'm taking

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:05 am

This looks decent.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:52 am

I thought that was one of the Jonas brothers for some reason. :lol: It does look interesting.

I've been watching A Spy Among Friends, about Kim Philby and the fallout of having a Soviet mole in the upper echelon of the British intelligence operations. The British good ol' network has epic blind spots, and when the **** hits the fan, they protect their own. Guy Pearce and Damian Lewis are the leads, and are excellent. The creepy SEC compliance guy from Billions plays a creepy counterintelligence CIA guy. Perfect casting.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:17 pm

I know I’m late on this but Shrinking is so good.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:26 pm

Jefferson is great in his spot. Drew carey’s girlfriend’s and her face mutation is extremely distracting