Colossal TV Show thread

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:00 pm

The Wire is next up for me once I finish The Shield... which just keeps getting better, and I don't want it to end.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:02 pm

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:22 pm

The Wire is next up for me once I finish The Shield... which just keeps getting better, and I don't want it to end.
Where you at in The Shield?

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:23 pm

The episode after Shane was caught on camera agreeing to kill Mackey for Antwon. It ended with Antwon being interrogated.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:24 pm

One of my favorite scenes.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:29 pm

The episode after Shane was caught on camera agreeing to kill Mackey for Antwon. It ended with Antwon being interrogated.
Oh ****. There’s still so much to come. You’re right in the middle of things. Anthony Anderson is great as Antwon.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Been binge watching Ozark...
With the admittance that S3 has improved the overall quality of the series, this show is so wholly mediocre that I cannot begin to understand all of the praise and award nominations. It's fine, it's been a decent binge, but it is such an unremarkable Breaking Bad imitator. I like Jason Bateman but he doesn't play Marty with any of the likability that Cranston gave Walt, even as he devolved into a hardened criminal. Wendy's turn has been interesting and a nice development, but suffers from an indictment that afflicts the entire show: everything is sooooo **** easy. Every problem gets fixed with minimal effort or complication, many times offscreen, and then we just move on to the next too easy to solve problem.

Sociopathic FBI Agent in S1 and S2 was so over the top and unlikable. Darlene Snell is annoying AF and the best thing about her is the actress they hired as the booty double for the S2 flashback scene. **** the Pastor. Ruth is fun and interesting despite the god awful accent, but I do not understand her S2 obsession with getting Wyatt into college. Other than a couple books we never see Wyatt doing anything remotely smart, something Ruth exhibits the entire series. S3 has been an improvement but crossing my fingers that Wendy's brother ends up on the receiving end of a cartel bullet because that dude sucks.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:56 pm

The Muppet Show Headed to Disney+: All 5 Seasons of the Jim Henson Classic Will Begin Streaming in February
https://tvline.com/2021/01/19/the-muppe ... sney-plus/

Finally.
Fun fact: The Muppet Show was produced at Elstree Studios outside London and first aired on ITV in the UK.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:22 pm

The new Night Stalker series on Netflix is pretty terrific.
In preparation for watching this I read Ramirez’s wiki. That was a tough read.
We just finished the Netflix doc.

When I was in high school and college, I was fascinated by the psychology of serial offenders like this. (Still am, really, but I don't read as much about it as I did then) What really set Ramirez apart was, for lack of a better phrase, the sheer variety of his evil. Victimology, the number of survivors he left behind, the types of weapons used, the spacing (or lack thereof) between attacks...... in many ways, he had predictable elements of behavior, but in so many others he was really quite scarily unique. If it wasn't for two pieces of evidence - the fingerprints lifted in Orange County and San Francisco, and the shoe prints - it's possible he'd have never been identified, which means the only way he likely would've stopped is if he got picked up for some other crime or died.

We're probably gonna start Mindhunter next. The guy the Tench character is based on is a real dude called Robert Ressler, who I met in the 90s.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:27 pm

We just finished the Netflix doc.

When I was in high school and college, I was fascinated by the psychology of serial offenders like this. (Still am, really, but I don't read as much about it as I did then) What really set Ramirez apart was, for lack of a better phrase, the sheer variety of his evil. Victimology, the number of survivors he left behind, the types of weapons used, the spacing (or lack thereof) between attacks...... in many ways, he had predictable elements of behavior, but in so many others he was really quite scarily unique. If it wasn't for two pieces of evidence - the fingerprints lifted in Orange County and San Francisco, and the shoe prints - it's possible he'd have never been identified, which means the only way he likely would've stopped is if he got picked up for some other crime or died.

We're probably gonna start Mindhunter next. The guy the Tench character is based on is a real dude called Robert Ressler, who I met in the 90s.
Yeah, his randomness is really unheard of when it comes to serial killers/rapists. Old women, young women, male children. It was so bizarre. And while a lot of serial killers look like average guys, something about RR always just seemed evil. I think it's probably because his eyes were so dark, almost black, but the guy gave me the creeps.

Mindhunter is so good. And season 2 is even better in some ways. I'm crushed they'll likely never complete the series, but it's a terrific slow burn show.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:33 pm

Bundy, Dahmer, Gacy, Kemper...... so many of them look normal. But one look at Ramirez and you'd be like "I bet that guy has a pentagram drawn on his hand and does does murder a lot."

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am

First two episodes of Lupin are great

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:49 pm

Into the Ewan McGregor season of Fargo (Season 3).
I don't know if anyone has seen it, but it was good/fine until the brother dies.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Into the Ewan McGregor season of Fargo (Season 3).
I don't know if anyone has seen it, but it was good/fine until the brother dies.
Yep. That was an OK season, but I don’t remember as much about it as the first two.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:19 pm

I got halfway through it, really liked it, but can not stream it now.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:22 pm

I m watching it on Hulu

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:32 pm

It's good.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:49 am

I really liked Season 3. The main antagonist (Varga) was absolutely superb.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:51 am

This looks like a lot of fun:

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:37 am

Nice.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:30 am

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:08 am

Had been seeing them essentially countdown to the end by showing the wraps for Jerry and Maddie, but now they’re done for good. I’m expecting an excellent final season.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:15 am

I demand 7 more seasons.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:18 am

If you take a shot at the king, you best not miss

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:24 am

Cobra Kai Season 3
Okay this series has always come with a suspension of disbelief. It was at least somewhat believable in the first 2 seasons but now,

Johnny has multiple felonies and is somehow walking the streets and is still allowed to interact with children?

People getting in massive fights, breaking and entering, destroying property, etc. No cops in this world, just dojo rivalry.

Hawk straight up murdered a kid during tryouts. It was Fight Club destroy something beautiful. No cops, no parents, just next scene.

I do like that they went into Kreese’s background but I thought they confirmed in season 1 that he lied about his military experience? Regardless, the back story did nothing to humanize him IMO.

I also think they are using the nostalgia of the movies well. Daniel’s trip to Japan was very good IMO.

I’m still going to watch but it’s def approaching shark jumping territory