Colossal TV Show thread

Silentom

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Silentom » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:24 am

Did you have trouble adjusting to buff Andy in S6? It took me a little while to get used to that.
yeah it did. Didn't they make some pretty funny remarks about the change and absence?
I remember Chris asking him how he did it, and Andy said he just quit drinking beer. :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:24 am

Not really. It was clearly noticeable, but I think it helped that they didn't really address it.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:25 am

Still have the finale to watch in Haunting of Hill House. This show is so good. Kids said they had to go sleep in the same room because they kept hearing my wife screaming downstairs and it got them scared!

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:26 am

Did you have trouble adjusting to buff Andy in S6? It took me a little while to get used to that.
yeah it did. Didn't they make some pretty funny remarks about the change and absence?
I remember Chris asking him how he did it, and Andy said he just quit drinking beer. :lol:
Okay, I apparently missed this...

Silentom

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Silentom » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:29 am

Okay, I apparently missed this...
It was real quick, right at the beginning of S6E1, I think. When they were in London.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:31 am

started watching the good place. what a silly show. enjoy it

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:04 am

Breaking Bad movie in the works
https://amp.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ssion=true

All that's known so far is that Vince Gilligan is developing it and it will be set in the Breaking Bad universe. I just hope it doesn't focus on Walt or Jesse. Those two had perfect story arcs. No need to muck it up with a movie.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:12 am

I don't recall the name Greenbrier from the series...

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:17 am

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a codename like Blue Harvest or Rory’s First Kiss.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:41 pm

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:03 pm

That looks great but I had to look way too hard to find more information on this. This teaser has been out since Oct 2017 and they're finally having their world premiere in a few weeks. It'll happen November 15th, 2018 at DOC NYC. No word on a wide release or home release, though.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Glad House of Cards is wrapping things up...couple of seasons too late, imo. But Robin Wright is good, as is most of the supporting cast. Should be an interesting final season.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:23 pm

HBO will produce a six-part miniseries based on Philip Roth's "The Plot Against America," with David Simon producing and writing.

Excellent book, and Simon is great.

If you haven't read the 2004 book, it's an alternative history of the U.S. if Charles Lindbergh beats FDR and the country slides towards fascism.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... bo-1159360

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:47 pm

American Pastoral was pretty good.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:51 pm

SNL actor Darrell Hammond reveals horrific child abuse
https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/snl-actor ... reddit.com
But behind closed doors, Hammond recalls, his mother was a monster. She slammed his hand in a car door, hit him in the stomach with a hammer and stuck his fingers in an electrical outlet. When Hammond was 3 or 4, she held him in her lap and used a serrated steak knife to cut an incision into the center of his tongue. His father, an alcoholic World War II vet, did not protect him.
Man.

MR25

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MR25 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:54 pm

I started watching Haunting of Hill House.
I read one of the articles about the hidden ghosts up to the episode I'm on, but I feel like there was a shadow that moved behind Steve in Ep 1 (at the black woman's house) that was definitely not him nor the woman. Did anyone else notice that? Am I thinking there's something there that isn't?

Lemon Berry Lobster

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:15 pm

SNL actor Darrell Hammond reveals horrific child abuse
https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/snl-actor ... reddit.com
But behind closed doors, Hammond recalls, his mother was a monster. She slammed his hand in a car door, hit him in the stomach with a hammer and stuck his fingers in an electrical outlet. When Hammond was 3 or 4, she held him in her lap and used a serrated steak knife to cut an incision into the center of his tongue. His father, an alcoholic World War II vet, did not protect him.
Man.
:o He almost tried to saw his own arm off...

mamaemeritus

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby mamaemeritus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:25 pm

I loved every effing second of The Haunting of Hill House. So bummed that one came to an end.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:40 pm

I read one of the articles about the hidden ghosts up to the episode I'm on, but I feel like there was a shadow that moved behind Steve in Ep 1 (at the black woman's house) that was definitely not him nor the woman. Did anyone else notice that? Am I thinking there's something there that isn't?
ever since we read that article, we were always looking and that made it more fun and frightening. We finished it up last night. I was not expecting tears. Great show and ending, I really hope they don't screw with this story and try to make something out of nothing for an inevitable 2nd season.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:41 pm

I started watching House Of Cards last night. I have no clue what the hell is going on. Where the hell did Greg Kinnear and Diane Lane come from?

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:47 pm

ever since we read that article, we were always looking and that made it more fun and frightening. We finished it up last night. I was not expecting tears. Great show and ending, I really hope they don't screw with this story and try to make something out of nothing for an inevitable 2nd season.
It looks like I'm in the minority in that I didn't really care for the ending. But on your second point, the creators have already said that the Crane's story is over and if there is a second two it would focus on a different family.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:53 pm

It looks like I'm in the minority in that I didn't really care for the ending. But on your second point, the creators have already said that the Crane's story is over and if there is a second two it would focus on a different family.
re: ending
I'm still processing it. It was kind of weird that they terrified me for 9.5 hours and then ended it on such a different almost happy sweet note. It worked for me, but I thought it was little off. Every time we watched an episode before bed, we had to put on something lighthearted. We didn't have to do that with the last episode.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm still processing it. It was kind of weird that they terrified me for 9.5 hours and then ended it on such a different almost happy sweet note. It worked for me, but I thought it was little off. Every time we watched an episode before bed, we had to put on something lighthearted. We didn't have to do that with the last episode.
Exactly my problem with it. They did such an amazing job building up this house as nothing but pure evil, then in the last 20 minutes they completely flip it and now it's this house of miracles where you can still visit dead loved ones (as long as they die in the house). That really undercut the rest of the season for me.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Exactly my problem with it. They did such an amazing job building up this house as nothing but pure evil, then in the last 20 minutes they completely flip it and now it's this house of miracles where you can still visit dead loved ones (as long as they die in the house). That really undercut the rest of the season for me.
I don't disagree. At one point during the finale, I looked to my wife and said we are going to get a ghost fight aren't we? sadly, it didn't turn out as I hoped.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:11 pm

I don't disagree. At one point during the finale, I looked to my wife and said we are going to get a ghost fight aren't we? sadly, it didn't turn out as I hoped.
Made you look. -Silentom, probably