Colossal TV Show thread

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:46 pm

Regarding The Expanse, the six episode order obviously wasn’t the choice of the creators, who are just trying to work with the episode order Amazon gave them. Just weird on Amazon’s part to save the show and then kick it to the curb after essentially two and a half seasons. Lots of people have pointed out that they covered all of book three in the final seven episodes of season three. With longer run times and what people say is a fairly straight forward path to the end point of book six, six episodes will probably be enough. The questions come in with the inclusion of novella story points that apply more toward books 7-9, plus the duo that is James S.A. Corey refusing to call this the final season. Is something up or are we all just deluding ourselves in the hope for more?
Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.
- Trent Crimm, Independent.
We were like, “please don’t spit on the camera”
Lol.
Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.
I do agree that the promotion felt unearned but the stuff with Nate and Ted dealing with the fallout from the article were fantastic. Also the Ted talk about choices… classic Ted Lasso.
The character stuff in this show is always great. Roy’s crisis of confidence is an interesting development I look forward to seeing more of in the next season. I wish we got some kind of reaction shot to Ted or the rest of the coaching staff learning of Nate’s departure to WHU.

Regarding the promotion, I wish the two filler episodes were used to stretch the story a bit more. This match ended up not even being a must win/draw because they would have just ended up in the promotion playoffs. Something like sneaking into the 6th spot on the final match day and then having the last two episodes cover a Cinderella story through winning the promotion playoffs all the while Nate is projecting his daddy issues onto Ted, Sam is being courted by an African psychopath, hell even have Rebecca’s dad die during that stressful stretch for the team. All it takes is a couple of lines each episode to keep team performance relevant while focusing on the off field stories.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:10 pm

Muppets Haunted Mansion is really great. I love the muppets and I love the Haunted Mansion so it hit all the right notes for me. Tons of classic Muppet humor, a lot of the ride humor and Easter eggs, and of course a good lesson. Who tf does Kermit’s voice now though? The rest were passable but hes awful.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:36 pm

I hope That 90s Show, a new Netflix show centered around Kitty and Red set in 1995, does better than That 80's Show did.
Given most of the original cast have Netflix deals the cameos ought to be decent. The Ranch was basically That 2010s show.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:23 am

Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.
Lol.
Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.
I do agree that the promotion felt unearned but the stuff with Nate and Ted dealing with the fallout from the article were fantastic. Also the Ted talk about choices… classic Ted Lasso.
The character stuff in this show is always great. Roy’s crisis of confidence is an interesting development I look forward to seeing more of in the next season. I wish we got some kind of reaction shot to Ted or the rest of the coaching staff learning of Nate’s departure to WHU.

Regarding the promotion, I wish the two filler episodes were used to stretch the story a bit more. This match ended up not even being a must win/draw because they would have just ended up in the promotion playoffs. Something like sneaking into the 6th spot on the final match day and then having the last two episodes cover a Cinderella story through winning the promotion playoffs all the while Nate is projecting his daddy issues onto Ted, Sam is being courted by an African psychopath, hell even have Rebecca’s dad die during that stressful stretch for the team. All it takes is a couple of lines each episode to keep team performance relevant while focusing on the off field stories.
We loved everything about the season finale. The only thing we didn’t understand was that Natecunt’s complaints to Ted near the end. It didn’t make any sense. I told my wife that it would end with something involving Natecunt and Rupert, though I was thinking more along the lines of Rupert giving him his shares in Richmond.

Next season, all I want to see is West Ham annihilated in embarrassing fashion at the hands of Tart. Unrelated, I love that Roy and Tart are mending things. That could be fun to see.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:54 am

Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.
Lol.
Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.

We loved everything about the season finale. The only thing we didn’t understand was that Natecunt’s complaints to Ted near the end. It didn’t make any sense. I told my wife that it would end with something involving Natecunt and Rupert, though I was thinking more along the lines of Rupert giving him his shares in Richmond.

Next season, all I want to see is West Ham annihilated in embarrassing fashion at the hands of Tart. Unrelated, I love that Roy and Tart are mending things. That could be fun to see.
So one of the things that Nate’s actor pointed out after the episode was that their argument was the first scene of the season where it was only the two of them. Nate, who has a laundry list of personal issues, finally felt a connection and built up by someone, only to then feel abandoned as Ted worked on his own issues or brought Roy **** Kent into the coaching squad. Laughing at Nate calling himself a big dog certainly didn’t help things.

The picture that was referenced by Nate as a slight is actually in Ted’s apartment next to a picture of his son, highlighting the importance of the relationship to him even if Nate doesn’t see it.

At the end of the day, most of it was his own personal insecurities plus daddy issues and Rupert’s meddling that led to him projecting everything on to Ted. I also think that things like Beard not telling Ted that Nate is being a dick to people obviously didn’t help because Ted likely would have sought out a solution or time to talk. Dude needed some sessions with Doc.

Brett Goldstein is a Tottenham fan so I’m sure nothing good will come to West Ham during Nate’s tenure.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 am

Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.
Lol.
Ted Lasso
- Richmond till we die.
- Get **** Nate.
- Get **** Rupert.
- Get **** West Ham.

So one of the things that Nate’s actor pointed out after the episode was that their argument was the first scene of the season where it was only the two of them. Nate, who has a laundry list of personal issues, finally felt a connection and built up by someone, only to then feel abandoned as Ted worked on his own issues or brought Roy **** Kent into the coaching squad. Laughing at Nate calling himself a big dog certainly didn’t help things.

The picture that was referenced by Nate as a slight is actually in Ted’s apartment next to a picture of his son, highlighting the importance of the relationship to him even if Nate doesn’t see it.

At the end of the day, most of it was his own personal insecurities plus daddy issues and Rupert’s meddling that led to him projecting everything on to Ted. I also think that things like Beard not telling Ted that Nate is being a dick to people obviously didn’t help because Ted likely would have sought out a solution or time to talk. Dude needed some sessions with Doc.

Brett Goldstein is a Tottenham fan so I’m sure nothing good will come to West Ham during Nate’s tenure.
That was what we both said immediately following the episode - that Natecunt was just projecting. I'm excited as hell for season 3.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:52 am

Lasso
My wife abhors the use of c-nt, but she approves of Natecunt. :lol:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:55 am

Lasso
My wife abhors the use of c-nt, but she approves of Natecunt. :lol:

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:43 am

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:24 pm

I bet Jim hates this thread.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Correct.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:39 am

I had very low expectations for Kim Kardashian’s SNL and those expectations were met. Non-performer hosts are the worst but to her credit she was at least on par with Elon Musk.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:09 am

Quite a low bar, that. I think I saw a buzz feed headline saying that she was good, which confirmed to me that she was trash.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:19 am

Quite a low bar, that. I think I saw a buzz feed headline saying that she was good, which confirmed to me that she was trash.
Yep very low bar. She was good in the sense that she was game to make fun of herself and her family. Nothing about her performance itself was good, though.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Hey at least we had uh.....Halsey to liven things up....

The hard seltzer vid from the writers was pretty dece...

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:22 am

Only Murders In The Building through 4 episodes has been tremendous.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 am

Muppets Haunted Mansion is really great. I love the muppets and I love the Haunted Mansion so it hit all the right notes for me. Tons of classic Muppet humor, a lot of the ride humor and Easter eggs, and of course a good lesson. Who tf does Kermit’s voice now though? The rest were passable but hes awful.
Very much enjoyed this. you are right on Kermit, it's so bad that it's distracting. It's basically like they grabbed some guy off the street and said hold your nose and do your best Kermit impression

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 am

I'm very excited to watch this

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:05 am

I'm very excited to watch this
We caught up Friday night after Lasso withdrawal. Really enjoying it. Fun and silly without over dramatized suspense.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:31 am

Good to hear. It was next on our list but my wife wanted to watch Maid instead. It’s excellent but thoroughly depressing. Gonna need a Steve Martin pick me up.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:53 am

Selena Gomez's Mabel is one of my favorite TV characters ever. So sarcastic, she's great.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 am

I'm through one episode, but I really like Heels (from Starz). It's about a small-town wrestling league in Georgia, starring Stephen Amell, Alexander Ludwig, and Mary McCormack. James Harrison (yes, that James Harrison) is in it as a wrestler named "Apocalypse."

I liked Amell in Arrow, but know he's limited as an actor. He actually does really well with a Georgia accent, and he loves wrestling, so it's a good fit.

I think the first season is finished, so you can binge all episodes in a week or whatever.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:35 am

Outer Banks season 2 is really dumb. It's not like Blacklist was where the characters do mind-numbingly stupid things and get away with it. In Outer Banks the plot relies on all the characters making the wrong choice at every single turn. I know it's a teen soap opera and I shouldn't care but they're not even trying. :lol:

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:45 am

Very cool

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:50 am

I don't even care about the Beatles but holy hell that looks awesome. I can't believe that somebody had all that access and then proceeded to just sit on the footage for 50 years. It also has a Spinal Tap feel.