dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:11 pm

NAN isn't wrong, you know.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Meh
After a long hiatus, Batwoman was reintroduced to DC continuity in 2006 in the seventh week of the publisher's year-long 52 weekly comic book. Reintroduced as Kate Kane, the modern Batwoman began operating in Gotham City in Batman's absence following the events of the company-wide crossover Infinite Crisis (2005). The modern Batwoman is written as being of Jewish descent and as a lesbian in an effort by DC editorial staff to diversify its publications and better connect to modern-day readership. Described as the highest-profile gay superhero to appear in stories published by DC, Batwoman's sexual orientation drew wide media attention following her reintroduction, as well as both praise and criticism from the general public.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, she soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Sounds like a diversity hire. At least that description explained why Gotham needs Batman, Robin, Batgirl, AND Batwoman.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Speaking of, only one season left for Gotham. If the trend continues, it should be the best one yet.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 pm

Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her mind, she soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence
I have zero issues with this and could come across lovely on screen with other female superheroes.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:24 pm

What if she sexually harasses Wonder Woman?
y'all need a sense of humor

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 pm

What if she sexually harasses Wonder Woman?
y'all need a sense of humor
I’d watch and hope for escalation.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:35 pm

As long as they don't go super heavy handed with the social justice stuff, it should be fine

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Whhhhhaaaaaa I have to watch 2 pretty ladies in leather kiss :slug:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Okay, now I’ll watch.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:42 am

FX Boss Misses Louis C.K. and Would Bring ‘Louie’ Back, but Season 6 Depends on Society Accepting ‘Second Chances’
“I love ‘Louie’ and I love [Louis C.K.’s] work and I miss him, and I miss it,” FX CEO John Landgraf recently told Variety when asked about the future of C.K.’s acclaimed comedy series. The show, which has five seasons under its belt, has been off the air since May 2015. C.K. has been allowed to take as much time as necessary to create new seasons since the show launched in 2010, but the series’ future became unclear after the comedian admitted to sexual harassment in the fall after several women accused him of misconduct.

According to Landgraf, the network is ready to welcome C.K. back and is eager for “Louie” season six. The FX chief told Variety that as a fan of the show himself, he’s hoping television hasn’t seen the last of “Louie.” Landgraf’s comments come at a time when men accused of harassment such as James Franco and Chris Hardwick are readying their returns to television this fall. Landgraf said C.K.’s situation is not the same as Hardwick’s.
I would love for his show to continue. It was outstanding.

tjand72

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tjand72 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:44 am

I"m about half-way through Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and I have found that my preconceptions about Jerry Seinfeld have been confirmed - he's very much pretentious and mean-spirited towards and about those that aren't like him. In his mind, there is nothing more noble than being a comedian. I find his guests enjoyable, but the show would be just as entertaining without him.

He strikes me as the friend that is fun to be around so long as he's your friend. You rag on a few eccentric people when you're together, probably unnecessarily, but he could just a easily rag on you - and not in a "joking" way. It would not be unexpected for him to make a disparaging comment about a homeless person that he passed on the street.

I'm just not a fan, and now I know why.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:04 am

I"m about half-way through Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and I have found that my preconceptions about Jerry Seinfeld have been confirmed - he's very much pretentious and mean-spirited towards and about those that aren't like him. In his mind, there is nothing more noble than being a comedian. I find his guests enjoyable, but the show would be just as entertaining without him.

He strikes me as the friend that is fun to be around so long as he's your friend. You rag on a few eccentric people when you're together, probably unnecessarily, but he could just a easily rag on you - and not in a "joking" way. It would not be unexpected for him to make a disparaging comment about a homeless person that he passed on the street.

I'm just not a fan, and now I know why.
After a long while I started watching this again and noticed the same thing. It's kind of like he went ahead and just made himself the self professed all knowing godfather of comedy. I realize it's a 10 minute show, but I get the feeling every time from those 10 minutes that his life is consumed by everything comedy. I still find it interesting and mainly watch for the host.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:55 pm

I also get the feeling that he has more money than he knows how to spend and is bored out of his gord so he came up with this show as a way for him to have something to do.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:50 pm

This is true, you almost get a sense that he doesn't quite know how to interact with us normal folks

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:20 am

Ruby Rose quit Twitter due to harassment she was receiving since being cast as Batwoman. Apparently being a gender fluid bi-sexual meant she wasn't lesbian enough to make believe playing a lesbian character and people told her to quit so they could cast an actual lesbian as a lesbian.

I don't understand the world anymore.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:36 am

Twitter is dumb. Good for her. Him. Whatever.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:41 am

SJW: We demand more LGBTQ characters.
Okay here is a lesbian batwoman played by an actual lesbian.
SJW: SHE'S NOT FULL LESBIAN!!!! QUIT MISCASTING OUR GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Apparently being a gender fluid bi-sexual meant she wasn't lesbian enough to make believe playing a lesbian character and people told her to quit so they could cast an actual lesbian as a lesbian.
:lol:

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Isn’t that what the ‘B’ stands for in LGBTQ?

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Also I’m willing to bet only Americans make a big deal about things like that. When Scarlet Johansson was cast in Ghost in the Shell she got a similar reaction. Meanwhile, actual Japanese citizens were pretty happy with the casting choice.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Ruby Rose quit Twitter due to harassment she was receiving since being cast as Batwoman. Apparently being a gender fluid bi-sexual meant she wasn't lesbian enough to make believe playing a lesbian character and people told her to quit so they could cast an actual lesbian as a lesbian.

I don't understand the world anymore.
Just stick to the pirate and pitt super panthers worlds, where everything comes easy and there is no need to be aggravated

Lemon Berry Lobster

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Isn’t that what the ‘B’ stands for in LGBTQ?
It might stand for batwoman, I'm not sure though.

Freddy Rumsen

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Finished season 4 of Bosch
Loved how the mayor got duped at the nothingburger protest. Bosch set that up with J.
Edgar. It wasn't luck. Sheehan got screwed over in Bloodline and this show.