Colossal TV Show thread

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:20 am

Was the finale of Silicon Valley as bad as it seemed?
is there a new season out?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:26 am

Man in the High Castle. Just watched Season 3 Episode 1 over the weekend so please no spoilers beyond that but I have questions
I thought some of these weird scenes were either flash forwards, or like the Trade Minister being able to meditate himself to his ideal world with his family, etc. But are they telling the stories of a multiverse? In S3:E1 Trudy tells her sister in her world the nazi's killed her dad so it's okay that Julianna killed him in her world. I'm not really sure I want a post World War II Stranger Things.
Well, that's what it is. A multiverse. 😂

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 am

Been on HBO for a couple months. Finale was this past Sunday.

Couple disappointing factors but I don’t want to spoil anything.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:43 am

I haven't watched the finale yet but my thoughts on the season up until the finale is that it's the same old **** from the previous 5 seasons. It's "Pied Piper is finally going to do it! Wait, Richard is a **** moron and ruined everything again!" Rinse and Repeat.

I like a number of the characters, there is generally one or two truly laugh out loud moments in each episode, but the repeated incompetence is too much.

the wicked child

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby the wicked child » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 am

I stopped watching SV about halfway through S3 or so iirc.

I binge watched the first season and lmfao almost nonstop.

During the second season, I really started to notice the formula, and by S3 I was over it.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:00 am

Well, you both ^^^ have basically nailed it.
That and the Ehrlich tease and the "missing" flash drive at the end.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:57 am

Where the hell's Ozark, damnit?

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:22 am

Where the hell's Ozark, damnit?
Was filming until the end of October, so sometime next year.

NailedPenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 am

Damn I thought I read released in October.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:25 am

Finished up season 2 of the Handmaid's tail. It's still a really good show, but I really hope they have an end game in mind. I feel like at the end of season 2... everything is the same as the end of season 1. Will burn through season 3 shortly, but I just hope they don't keep dragging this on.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:27 am

Finished up season 2 of the Handmaid's tail. It's still a really good show, but I really hope they have an end game in mind. I feel like at the end of season 2... everything is the same as the end of season 1. Will burn through season 3 shortly, but I just hope they don't keep dragging this on.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:40 am

It's just annoying the way season 2 ended. I mean the show overall is basically a gut punch every episode. I don't even know how you start season 3 with
her going back to Gilead without being killed on the spot since she isn't coming back with the baby.
I didn't even think I would like the show. We started watching it cause my wife read the book back in the day(which from what she said season 1 ended where the book ended), and now I'm mad that I do like it and I feel like it's just going to become pointless.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:52 pm

I haven't watched the finale yet but my thoughts on the season up until the finale is that it's the same old **** from the previous 5 seasons. It's "Pied Piper is finally going to do it! Wait, Richard is a **** moron and ruined everything again!" Rinse and Repeat.

I like a number of the characters, there is generally one or two truly laugh out loud moments in each episode, but the repeated incompetence is too much.
I thought the last season was very solid. Zach Woods probably the season MVP for me. The Russ Hanneman cold open was incredible.

And (without giving anything away) the finale actually has a fun twist on the repeated incompetence, IMO.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:48 pm

it still could happen, which would explain why they didn't show the flight. Did they show the beginning of the flight? I want to say they only showed everybody being seated. I can't remember.

In either case, it still gives enough time for something to happen.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:22 am

I had never seen the full version of this. This is great.

NailedPenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:01 am

I skipped The Office from about '09 on to the final half season. Right around when Jim and Pam got married. Since Comedy Central has marathons every other day I've been watching those I missed and good God who are these awful people? Even the original characters I loved I just couldn't stand any longer. Jim and Pam absolutely sucked. Andy went from likable goofball to completely obnoxious. They turned Kevin into Season 12-and-beyond Homer Simpson. Do not - and the rock means DO NOT - get me started on Will Ferral sticking his ass into this.

NailedPenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:09 am

Related note next week I will be meeting the only man who stayed true to himself, Mr. Stanley Hudson

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:12 am

I skipped The Office from about '09 on to the final half season. Right around when Jim and Pam got married. Since Comedy Central has marathons every other day I've been watching those I missed and good God who are these awful people? Even the original characters I loved I just couldn't stand any longer. Jim and Pam absolutely sucked. Andy went from likable goofball to completely obnoxious. They turned Kevin into Season 12-and-beyond Homer Simpson. Do not - and the rock means DO NOT - get me started on Will Ferral sticking his ass into this.
The series should have ended when Michael left. It was such an obvious finale and would've felt honest and heartfelt. Instead, we get everything you stated. Plus Robert f'n California and an awful marriage issue storyline with Jim, Pam, and the **** boom op.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 am

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Cavill seems like he has really bought into this character and really wants to pay service to the fans of the stories and video games. I really like his approach, and really want this to be good.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:34 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:35 pm

The series should have ended when Michael left. It was such an obvious finale and would've felt honest and heartfelt. Instead, we get everything you stated. Plus Robert f'n California and an awful marriage issue storyline with Jim, Pam, and the **** boom op.
The Philly sports company was so dumb and awful.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:20 pm

Elizabeth Keene is the worst FBI agent in the history of bad TV/movie portrayals.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:39 am

This Christmas Carol FX show is coming out this week. Is there a way to watch it without commercials? If I have HULU, do these things show up there without commercials. It's been a long time since I've watched cable and I really don't know how this works

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:41 am

This Christmas Carol FX show is coming out this week. Is there a way to watch it without commercials? If I have HULU, do these things show up there without commercials. It's been a long time since I've watched cable and I really don't know how this works
Depends on what Hulu subscription you have. The $5.99/month plan will have ads. The $11.99/month will not.