Colossal TV Show thread

RonnieFranchise

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:27 pm

As a fan of true crime stuff, The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann on Netflix has been interesting and a solid watch. Through six of eight episodes and so far the big takeaway is to steer clear of Portuguese police.
**WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS**
Just finished wathing it over the past few weeks. I agree that it was very well done and objective. Couple thoughts:

The parents, I didn’t really find sympathetic. It seemed as though they and their friends remained puzzled even after the abduction that people thought leaving your kids alone in an unlocked suite while you have dinner out of sight of their location- while there was a nursery on site by the way- was a bad idea. They even went so far as to point a finger at someone who wrote “leaving children in suite” in the Tapas restaurant reservation book. WHY DID YOU TELL THEM THAT?? Then letting everyone in their suite and destroying the crime scene- I don’t think they did it and I can’t imagine going through what they have, but I just really don’t care for them. Not surprised they were considered suspects and I don’t find it outrageous at all that they were heavily considered.

I actually liked Amaral for some reason. Clearly he and his staff hosed up the investigation. I guess I haven’t thought about Portugal much at all but yeah I wouldn’t want these police either helping or suspecting me.

Murat got royally hosed. Chewed up and spit put by everybody. Good on him for getting a settlement.

UK and Portuguese paparazzi, wow. Thought it was bad here. Totally irresponsible.

I liked that they threw in some stories of other children who disappeared.Thousands of children of people of much lower means than the McCanns go missing every year and don’t get the benefit of
Millionaire benefactors hiring investigators or the Prome Minister and Home Secretary personally advocating for them.

I don’t really have a theory on what happened. Most likely taken by some human traffickers but also considered that maybe she just somehow walked out while unsupervised and met with some unknown misfortune. Incredibly sad story.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:46 pm

Here @ronniefranchise, let me help you out ;)

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:45 pm

Ricky Gervais’s “After Life” is simply phenomenal. It deserved the second season that was recently announced.

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:50 am

This break from the Orville has been crap.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:53 am

Did you finish the current season already? We have one more episode to go.

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:02 am

I've watched all of them that have aired. Episode 12 is on tonight.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:13 am

Ricky Gervais’s “After Life” is simply phenomenal. It deserved the second season that was recently announced.
Excellent, hadn't heard that.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:40 pm

The Barry premier was really good. Hank, man. Give that actor a raise.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 pm

The Barry premier was really good. Hank, man. Give that actor a raise.
And Stephen Root too.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:07 am

Disney dropped a bunch of details about their new streaming service yesterday.

- There will be five "landing pages" to sort by: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic. It will also use algorithms and whatever else like Netflix to recommend stuff.

- Disney’s entire “Signature Collection” of classic animated movies (including Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, and Beauty and the Beast) will be available on the first day of the launch, along with all of Pixar’s theatrical shorts; all of Pixar’s features will hit Disney+ within its first year.

- Live-action Disney films heading straight to Disney+ include a pair of previously-announced films: Noelle, a variation on the “Santa Claus in the real world” genre starring Anna Kendrick as Kris Kringle’s daughter; and the live-action Lady and the Tramp, with a voice cast that includes Tessa Thomson and Justin Theroux, which will be available when Disney+ launches.

- The first episode of The Mandalorian will be available at launch, as well as digital versions of the original and prequel Star Wars films,The Force Awakens and Rogue One. The Last Jedi and Solo following at a later date. Beyond The Mandalorian and the Cassian Andor show, additional live action and animated shows are in development.

- MCU shows in development are WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, and the animated What If? alternate timeless series. All stars are returning and they're slated to be big budget series.

It is expected that Disney will package Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu together at a discount, but for now the streaming service will launch on November 12th for $6.99 per month or $69.99 annually.

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:21 am

Excellent.

Wonder if they will offer just a Disney+, ESPN+ package.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 am

Les Mis premiers on PBS Masterpiece this sunday

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Excellent.

Wonder if they will offer just a Disney+, ESPN+ package.
They hinted at a package deal that would also include Hulu. No details yet.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:32 pm

FX is not moving forward with Y: The Last Man.

https://twitter.com/mashaka74/status/11 ... 83456?s=21

*edit*
Looks like FX is still going to produce the series, just not with the original show runners.
FX is still moving forward with its series adaptation of beloved comic book series Y: The Last Man — but not with the original showrunners. Aida Croal and Michael Green announced their exit in a statement on Twitter Monday evening.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... rs-1202211

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:14 pm

That’s crazy. Didn’t they already start filming?

Edit: Green must be a pain in the ass. Got booted from American Gods as well.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:29 pm

DC Universe’s Swamp Thing is reportedly ending production sooner than expected. The upcoming streaming series, based on the supernatural superhero created by writer Len Wein and artist Bernie Wrightson, seems to have shut down production early amid behind-the-scenes troubles.

The show was expected to film 13 episodes through May, right up to its scheduled premiere date on the new DC Universe streaming service on May 31, 2019. However, local news outlet Star News Online reports that crew members were told the project would wrap production on episode 10, three episodes before the end of the planned first season. The Playlist adds that episode 10 would be rewritten as the final episode and bring the series to a “satisfying conclusion.” Several more days of reshoots are expected for previously filmed episodes, but it’s uncertain whether this will be the end of the series for good.
https://www.slashfilm.com/swamp-thing-p ... aps-early/

Can WB/DC do anything right?

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:11 pm

DC Universe’s Swamp Thing is reportedly ending production sooner than expected. The upcoming streaming series, based on the supernatural superhero created by writer Len Wein and artist Bernie Wrightson, seems to have shut down production early amid behind-the-scenes troubles.

The show was expected to film 13 episodes through May, right up to its scheduled premiere date on the new DC Universe streaming service on May 31, 2019. However, local news outlet Star News Online reports that crew members were told the project would wrap production on episode 10, three episodes before the end of the planned first season. The Playlist adds that episode 10 would be rewritten as the final episode and bring the series to a “satisfying conclusion.” Several more days of reshoots are expected for previously filmed episodes, but it’s uncertain whether this will be the end of the series for good.
https://www.slashfilm.com/swamp-thing-p ... aps-early/

Can WB/DC do anything right?
Titans and Doom Patrol are apparently pretty decent.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:26 pm

billions has been entertaining theis year

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:28 pm

billions has been entertaining theis year
Yes. Yes it has. Very consistent from year to year, but this year has been above average so far.

shafnutz05

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Holy sht

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/26 ... rfect-game
In Wednesday's episode, he went 40-for-40 on responses in the first two rounds and went into Final Jeopardy! with $71,114 and a commanding lead. Fellow contestants Lorelle Anderson and Hannah Pierson-Compeau had $5,400 and $5,000, respectively, and were chuckling about their deficit heading into the final.

Holzhauer risked $60,013 on the final category "20th Century Literary Characters" and had the answer for "His first name refers to the ancient district in which you'd find the Greek capital; his surname is a bird."

"Who is Atticus Finch?" Holzhauer wrote in his response. He added: "This is for you Granny <3."

The $131,127 win bested his previous mark of $110,914 from his fourth game. which aired April 9. Holzhauer has won more than $100,000 three times. No other contestant has ever won more than $77,000 on a single show.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 pm

the guy that won $77,000 was ballsy af and made it true daily double pretty much every single time he got one. to have back to back games of $100,000 is outrageous.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 pm

has there even been a clean sweep in jeopardy?

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 pm

I've actually enjoyed watching Jeopardy the last couple of weeks with James from State College Las Vegas. I get mad when he doesn't go all-in for the daily doubles. It's been interesting watching other people trying to copy his strategy in both rounds as he wins more and more.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Bosch.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:05 pm

it bugs me when people hunt for daily doubles, though I do understand why they do it.