RonnieFranchise

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:23 am

I think it was on Bravo for a while.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:07 am

New David Attenborough series about UK likely to be his last on location
During his decades-long career the authoritative yet reassuring face of Sir David Attenborough has appeared on screen from everywhere from Papua New Guinea to Chernobyl and Kenya.

Next week, when the 96-year-old returns to front a new series on home ground, it will be not only his first landmark series on British natural history, but it is likely, the Observer understands, to be viewers’ final time seeing him in a series filmed on location.

The five-part BBC One series, Wild Isles, will signal a landmark moment for natural history documentary making in Britain and Ireland when it begins next Sunday. From orca hunting seal off the Shetlands to Attenborough himself in a London park, for the first time the British Isles is being given the blue-chip treatment of its globally focused predecessors Blue Planet, Planet Earth and Frozen Planet.

It will also mark his first time in front of the camera on location since Green Planet, which was filmed four years ago. Although his family and insiders say he is not retiring, he is understood to have stopped travelling internationally. A spokesperson for Attenborough said he had plenty of things in the pipeline and he was definitely not stepping down.
96 years young, and he's still going to be working, albeit not on location. He's one of my favorite human beings, and I have seen quite literally every single documentary he has ever been involved in, with not one of them being a disappointment. I look forward to this one, as well.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:07 am

Kelce was annoyingly good on SNL.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:03 am

Anyone catch either of the first two episodes of History of the World, Part II last night? Just downloaded them, and plan on watching at least one tonight.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:06 am

Kelce was annoyingly good on SNL.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:56 am

That’s great. Must’ve been cut for time but no idea why.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:48 am

This is right up my alley.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:58 am

Been waiting for this for a long time. Read the books several years ago, very good series.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:27 pm

If you haven't started watching this, you should. It is absolutely hilarious.
Wife came across this on Netflix the other day, and we watched the first episode last night and thought it was hilarious. We only tuned in because we recognized her from After Life, but we'll be sticking with it now. I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoyed her character on After Life.

‘Cunk on Earth’: A Hilarious Mockumentary From the Creator of ‘Black Mirror’
“I know I come across as quite confident,” says newswoman Philomena Cunk, “but sometimes when I’m talking to experts, I worry that, you know, I might come across as quite stupid.”

This is easily the most self-aware moment for Cunk throughout the five-episode British mockumentary series Cunk on Earth, which began streaming on Netflix this week. As played by Diane Morgan, Cunk is a naive simpleton who can barely grasp any of the subjects she discusses, filtering everything through an extremely narrow and modern lens. As she attempts to survey all of human history in Cunk on Earth, for instance, she declares, “One of the reasons we still know about the Romans today is Wikipedia.” At another point, she and British historical linguistics expert Dr. Irving Finkel study a stone tablet featuring some of the earliest human writing. “If someone shouted this aloud,” she wonders, “would that have been the first audiobook?” Finkel takes a long pause before simply saying, “No.”

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:55 pm

Been waiting for this for a long time. Read the books several years ago, very good series.
Yeah, this should be good. Changed the name fairly recently, which makes sense.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:56 pm

More apocalyptic stories from Apple:

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:00 pm

I’ll give it a shot based solely on the cast.

That foundations show bored me to death, so maybe they got a fail first before succeeding in the realm
Last edited by Troy Loney on Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:02 pm

is that jon snow

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:04 pm

Looks like a massive ensemble cast

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 pm

Looks like a bit of a got pipeline to the Apple TV shows

Ellaria sand is also in the John snow show, and Jorah is in silo. Gotta fit Tobias Menzies in somewhere for one of these shows too.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:08 pm

If you haven't started watching this, you should. It is absolutely hilarious.
Wife came across this on Netflix the other day, and we watched the first episode last night and thought it was hilarious. We only tuned in because we recognized her from After Life, but we'll be sticking with it now. I'd recommend it for anyone who enjoyed her character on After Life.

‘Cunk on Earth’: A Hilarious Mockumentary From the Creator of ‘Black Mirror’
“I know I come across as quite confident,” says newswoman Philomena Cunk, “but sometimes when I’m talking to experts, I worry that, you know, I might come across as quite stupid.”

This is easily the most self-aware moment for Cunk throughout the five-episode British mockumentary series Cunk on Earth, which began streaming on Netflix this week. As played by Diane Morgan, Cunk is a naive simpleton who can barely grasp any of the subjects she discusses, filtering everything through an extremely narrow and modern lens. As she attempts to survey all of human history in Cunk on Earth, for instance, she declares, “One of the reasons we still know about the Romans today is Wikipedia.” At another point, she and British historical linguistics expert Dr. Irving Finkel study a stone tablet featuring some of the earliest human writing. “If someone shouted this aloud,” she wonders, “would that have been the first audiobook?” Finkel takes a long pause before simply saying, “No.”
I lol'd when they:
Were talking about feeding the Christians to the Lions. They panned to the sculpture of the lion with a completely different style of sculpture of a human head in it's mouth and I **** lost it. So subtle but it killed me.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:26 pm

I lol'd when they:
Were talking about feeding the Christians to the Lions. They panned to the sculpture of the lion with a completely different style of sculpture of a human head in it's mouth and I **** lost it. So subtle but it killed me.
So many subtle jokes in this that you almost miss them. Diane Morgan absolutely nails this role.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:17 am

Algorithm also recommended this

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:26 am

Mythic Quest (also on Apple TV+) is good. Think Silicon Valley but about video games. And a little funnier than the last 2 seasons of Silicon Valley.

Slow Horses was really good too, at least the first season. Based on a series of books, with Gary Oldman, Kristin Scott-Thomas, Olivia Cooke (Alicent Hightower), and Jonathan Pryce in a minor role. Good stuff if you like spies, thrillers, etc., but a lighter take on it than say Homeland or The Americans. Season 2 is airing now.
Enjoyed S1 of Slow Horses, looking forward to starting S2. :thumb:

Does Mythic Quest get any funnier? I've got a couple eps left in S1 and not sure I'm enjoying it enough to continue past that.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:52 am

Mythic Quest has its moments. If you aren't loving it late in season 1, I don't think moving on to season 2 is worthwhile. Only 30 minute episodes though, so not too unbearable.

I will say my wife and I really like Shrinking (also on Apple TV+). She watches a ton of dopey sitcoms, but she actually laughs at this one a lot. Harrison Ford needs to do more comedy, too.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:47 am

Algorithm also recommended this
:thumb: This one did make air. It’s funny but I’m tired of Please Don’t Destroy’s schtick.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:13 pm

Jon Bernthal Returning as the Punisher for ‘Daredevil: Born Again’
**** yeah.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:43 pm

Huh, Mike Ehrmantraut was added because Bob Odenkirk wasn't available for a scene due to scheduling conflict:

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:19 am

Poker Face was really good. Had the old 80s detective drama "crime o' the week" vibe along with a season-long mystery like current TV.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:15 pm

Definitely a retro feel to it along with the built in commercial break fades to black.