Colossal TV Show thread

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:50 am

I'll tip my tv over if they don't. Just go with ducks like in the original

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:56 am

Well the ducks are there. They are just now the Hawks. I can see a whole if we win, we get the Ducks wager from Bombay.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 am

They are the mighty ducks I think, new guys should just be the ducks

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:36 am

Well deserved.

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:49 am

Stabler returns tonight in a crossover event with SVU. Looking forward to it after giving up on SVU a year or so ago.
Same. I quit SVU probably 5 seasons ago but I got this one ready to record.

Any word on if Stabler will be in the SVU part of it at all? I didn't even set record for that one because I figured it would be at very end if not at all so I wouldn't miss anything.
Sounds like he will be, yes, so I'm recording SVU before Organized Crime tonight.
Guess I will as well.
Did you watch? I still couldn’t get back into SVU, but Organized Crime is promising.
I lost it when the dad called his son a big meatball. :lol:
Watched it.

I still recognize most of the cast from SVU, although a few new people. I think I'm going to enjoy Organized Crime with the occasional crossovers.

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:52 am

My wife and I are struggling to finish the Ranch. We have about 25 episodes to go. We enjoyed the first few seasons, but literally every episodes is more of the same. Colt does something stupid, everyone gets pissed and overreacts, end of episode. I wish they'd mix in a few "happy" episodes every once in a while where maybe Colt does something right.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:54 am

The Ranch is a classic instance of when the baby came you knew the show was over. It just took a lot longer to die than it probably should have.

And by 'the baby' I mean Dax Shepard.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am

We've been rewatching Bones, and last night was an interesting episode.... Shawn Hunter (Rider Strong) and Lily Finnerty (Lynsey Bartilson) both made an appearance in the same episode. Neither were the killer, unfortunately.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:06 am

Source of the post Watched it.

I still recognize most of the cast from SVU, although a few new people. I think I'm going to enjoy Organized Crime with the occasional crossovers.
I feel the same way. :thumb:

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:50 am

Going through a Seinfeld rewatch and feels like now in season 4 specifically ep 4 the ticket is when the show really starts to break out

NAN

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NAN » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:59 pm

Anyone watch The Last Kingdom on Netlfix? I'm finishing up Vikings last few episodes on Prime, and someone told me to watch TLK, and I watched the first episode and seems like a Vikings clone.

Is it worth it?

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 pm

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:53 pm

Just finished S2 of Dark and started S3. Love the way this is going. Reminds me of Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:01 pm

Just finished S2 of Dark and started S3. Love the way this is going. Reminds me of Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
i strongly wish the end of season 2 went in a different direction, and it's very much a bummer to me that the story zagged like it did at that point.

however...i get why other people like it, and the execution is still top notch.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:06 pm

i strongly wish the end of season 2 went in a different direction, and it's very much a bummer to me that the story zagged like it did at that point.

Honestly the show was barely keeping my interest in S1 and S2, although S2 was picking it up towards the end. I don't think you should be surprised at how S3 started based on what the show is about. If S3 was going to continue to be "X" days until the apocalypse, I probably would have stopped watching.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:07 pm

Going through a Seinfeld rewatch and feels like now in season 4 specifically ep 4 the ticket is when the show really starts to break out
Seasons 3-6 are absolutely perfect. 1-2 they're still finding their footing though obviously there are some classics in there like Chinese Restaurant and The Deal. But seasons 1-6 feel grounded in reality. 7-9 are also great but they abandon any sense of reality. The storylines are whacky and the characters are exaggerated caricatures of their former selves. Again, still great but I prefer the earlier seasons, especially 3-6.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:26 pm

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:29 pm

I had no idea that WQED co-produced this and the pilot was shot in Pittsburgh.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Honestly the show was barely keeping my interest in S1 and S2, although S2 was picking it up towards the end. I don't think you should be surprised at how S3 started based on what the show is about. If S3 was going to continue to be "X" days until the apocalypse, I probably would have stopped watching.
i don't think this is that spoilery, but read at your own risk, i guess
introducing a parallel dimension with 8 episodes left stinks. Martha B is not the same person as Marth A - and same goes for everyone else. the alt-world people are a bunch of meaningless strangers, and IDGAF about what happens in that world. want me to care? introduce them earlier, then.
the show pulls a switcheroo of focal points more than it should, imo. in the end (and this is spoilery)...
nothing matters and instead of resolving anything, they just nuked the whole show. and while i think that's a perfectly fine ending, i don't think they pulled off the journey to that point. they never really weaned you off of the stories you care about.
they just cancelled all of them, mid-flight. I fell in love with the show because of the Mickel story. And they kept that story as the driving force for most of the series - and then it was like...."eh, never mind. just erase everyone's existence".

i dunno...even the way they discovered THE solution doesn't make any sense. why did Claudia figure it out THIS time and not other times. i think they were attentive to detail on this show, but a little lazy with the high-level points.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:20 pm

introducing a parallel dimension with 8 episodes left stinks. Martha B is not the same person as Marth A - and same goes for everyone else. the alt-world people are a bunch of meaningless strangers, and IDGAF about what happens in that world. want me to care? introduce them earlier, then.
Didn't read the second spoiler, as I haven't finished S3 yet. With that said
That's why I referenced Dark Matter. The book is all about parallel dimensions and what would have happened if only one thing was changed in the current timeline. Martha B is Martha A up until June whatever in 2019. She's only different from that moment on, due to the change that split the timeline. At least that's how I see it.

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:24 pm

That's why I referenced Dark Matter. The book is all about parallel dimensions and what would have happened if only one thing was changed in the current timeline. Martha B is Martha A up until June whatever in 2019. She's only different from that moment on, due to the change that split the timeline. At least that's how I see it.
A and B have completely different histories. Different DNA. Different almost everything except name, appearance and family members.

AuthorTony

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:33 pm

Seasons 3-6 are absolutely perfect. 1-2 they're still finding their footing though obviously there are some classics in there like Chinese Restaurant and The Deal. But seasons 1-6 feel grounded in reality. 7-9 are also great but they abandon any sense of reality. The storylines are whacky and the characters are exaggerated caricatures of their former selves. Again, still great but I prefer the earlier seasons, especially 3-6.
I agree with all of that. Season 1 is my least favorite. And while the later seasons did go over the top, the whole storyline with George working for Play Now culminating in the giant ball of oil is one of my favorite bits in the entire series.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm

A and B have completely different histories. Different DNA. Different almost everything except name, appearance and family members.
OK. Didn't get that far yet

shmenguin

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Oops...you aren’t far, at least.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:02 pm

Anyone watch The Last Kingdom on Netlfix? I'm finishing up Vikings last few episodes on Prime, and someone told me to watch TLK, and I watched the first episode and seems like a Vikings clone.

Is it worth it?
I was told the same thing, and I started watching and forgot about it completely. :lol:

I really want to watch the European version of Vikings though. I lost track of it between the second and third seasons for some reason.