Colossal TV Show thread

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:25 pm

Is this the worst Jeopardy panel ever assembled? Wow. The woman on the left answered wrong twice, giving answers already given. The woman on the right shouted the correct answer during another players response. :lol:

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 pm

Is this the worst Jeopardy panel ever assembled? Wow. The woman on the left answered wrong twice, giving answers already given. The woman on the right shouted the correct answer during another players response. :lol:
Yeah, it was pretty embarrassing.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:21 am

Ozark Season 3 is on

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:29 am

Ozark Season 3 is on
Damn me and my last post on the previous page!

I hate that!

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Unorthodox on Netflix is really **** good.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:40 pm

What We Do in the Shadows season 2 starts April 15.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:19 am

Tiger King... **** do I hate humanity sometimes. How do these people exist? How are they all not in jail? Was this low key actually a documentary about the need for stricter gun laws because how the **** are any of these people legally allowed to own cats let alone the number of firearms they recklessly wield on a daily basis (hint: they probably don't own them legally).
I'm not one of Joe's despised "animal rights people", but I abhor big cat ownership and roadside zoos and cub petting and all of that ****. It's **** horrible and exploitative and shouldn't exist. We actually went to Big Cat Rescue like five years ago (had no idea about Carole's background or the fact that she's essentially the "nice" side of the same ugly business as all of these assclowns). It was a nice facility with plenty of space for the animals, many of which had injuries and health problems and were rescued not just from roadside zoos, but situations like "Chicago crack dealer's Guard Tiger". While she is a shitbag, BCR does do veterinary and zoological internship programs with University of Tampa and University of Florida that might maybe make it a somewhat worthwhile place, but in reality none of these places should exist and any similar animal ownership should be limited to zoos or conservatories where legitimate zoological, biological, and conservation endeavors are undertaken.

As for the rest of my thoughts in semi-descending order of person awfulness...

- Jeff Lowe - absolute piece of **** garbage human being. He'll get what's coming to him soon enough. "Dresses like he tries to **** high school girls" is probably the most accurate description I saw online.
- Carole Baskin - Absolute 100% murdered her husband. Maybe with some conveniently placed sardine oil. Just pulled that idea right out of thin air Carole? Did you maybe throw some on your husband before he left "early early early" for Miami? Completely exploits people who do care about animals by making them volunteer on a full-time basis.
- Doc Antle - fake doctor teenage girl sex cult leader using cubs to lure in his prey/workers. Has money and a functioning brain so he's better insulated than Joe, but he's a complete sleazeball and definitely is hiding some dark ****. Has a bleach blonde soul patch.
- Joe Exotic - completely set up by Jeff and I kind of felt bad for him at the end.... until I remembered all of the horrible **** he did, how he **** his parents out of their money, how he was a sexual predator using drug availability to prey on straight teenage boys, etc etc. I hope he rolls on everyone in the "industry" and the entire thing collapses. The two moments toward the end where he tears up talking about how happy his chimps were to have a new place to actually live a decent life and how he deprived them of that for 10 years and the old news clip where he talks about how these animals have a place where they belong and it's not Oklahoma shows the threads of a decent, once well-intentioned person who lost his way due to the lure of money, probably mental health issues, drug issues, and an obsession with "that dodint down in Florida". Didn't have the intelligence to survive in an incredibly shady and corrupt line of business.
- Shirtless Dude with the monkey - dadhole. Has definitely killed someone.
- Chucky Doll Strip Club Owner - **** narc con artist that looks exactly like what I would have thought an Oklahoma strip club owner looked like.
- Tony Montana - how the hell is real life Scarface so far down this list? Probably because he already did his time and his crimes weren't the focus of the documentary, but it really hammers home how awful the rest of the people are.
- Jeff's Right Hand Man - god damn are we really talking this open and honestly and getting paid to go murdered someone? Definitely a psychopath. Why was he drawing himself a bath?
- Rick Kirkham - provided some great insight and definitely has a good speaking presence, but has his own shitty past and
- Howard Baskin - definitely still a virgin.
- Campaign Manager - hates his life
- Saff - one and a half arm legend returning to work after five days.
- Reinke - not squeaky clean, but seemed like a decent enough dude trying to make his way through life and keep the zoo running despite all the chaos around him.
Cowey - hated the people, loved the animals, kept them as well fed and maintained as he possibly could and was visibly heartbroken by Joe murdering the tigers.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:05 am

Source of the post Doc Antle - fake doctor teenage girl sex cult leader using cubs to lure in his prey/workers. Has money and a functioning brain so he's better insulated than Joe, but he's a complete sleazeball and definitely is hiding some dark ****. Has a bleach blonde soul patch.
We went to the Tiger sanctuary in Myrtle Beach last summer. The staff is definitely odd at best, and I could see it being a cult. Antle seemed pretty normal, IMO. Definitely the most normal of the bunch.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:05 am

Source of the post - Campaign Manager - hates his life
I felt so bad for this dude. He seemed like a nerdy kid who was interested in politics, got in over his head with this weird group of people, and ended up being witness to an incredibly traumatic event.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 pm

*sigh*

Why is there a Snowpiercer tv show?

Morkle

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:38 pm

Source of the post - Campaign Manager - hates his life
I felt so bad for this dude. He seemed like a nerdy kid who was interested in politics, got in over his head with this weird group of people, and ended up being witness to an incredibly traumatic event.
Can’t even imagine what it’d feel like to see what he witnessed.

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:40 pm

Ozark Season 3 is on
This show is so entertaining.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:38 am

Probably a big fat no, but has anyone watched Berlin Station? Pretty good spy thriller show from Epix that was on from 2016-2019. Pretty good, very much early season Homeland vibes with a side of The Americans.

Gaucho

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Gaucho » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 am

I did. It's solid, but not nearly as good as Homeland imo.

My favorite part is the countless meetings in cafes. Person A is already waiting, a cup of coffee in front of them, person B arrives, some stern looks and phrases are exchanged, then person A rises and exits left.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:54 am

Yeah, that's an old spy film trope. :lol:

I recognize a lot of the locations used in the German seasons of Homeland, particularly the party scene over the Brandenburg Gate. Homeland used that building for the US Embassy.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 pm

Christopher Meloni As ‘SVU’ Character Elliot Stabler To Headline New Dick Wolf Drama Series For NBC

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:36 pm

Christopher Meloni As ‘SVU’ Character Elliot Stabler To Headline New Dick Wolf Drama Series For NBC
I'm in. Keep these details coming.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 pm

I'm in. Keep these details coming.
Same here. I’ve been a fan of his since Oz, and have been waiting for him to come back to L&O for so long now, first to rescue SVU (which I gave up on a year ago... still love Ice-T, though), but now to a new show? Hell yeah.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:58 pm

I did. It's solid, but not nearly as good as Homeland imo.

My favorite part is the countless meetings in cafes. Person A is already waiting, a cup of coffee in front of them, person B arrives, some stern looks and phrases are exchanged, then person A rises and exits left.
Big fan of Mina Tander.

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:22 pm

This is fun to debate. I don't know I'd vote for but Michael Scott is hard to top

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2020/4/1/2 ... et-sixteen

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:22 pm

Coach Taylor is #1 in my book though

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:38 pm

Eric Taylor is awesome, but Vic Mackey got a raw deal. Can't match him up against a fine piece like Elizabeth Jennings.

Walter White, Tim Riggins, Michael Scott, Omar Little should be the Final Four but they **** up by putting Omar and Michael in the same region.

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:52 pm

Riggins lost to Cartman no way lol

willeyeam

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby willeyeam » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:53 pm

I need to see the Sopranos. It's on my quaranTV agenda