Colossal TV Show thread

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:09 am

Finally got around to Letterkenny. Good stuff. That’s what I like about Katy, good stuff.
I don't think I ever tried harder to like watching a show, to then stop it after about the 4th episode, recognize that i did not think one single joke/bit was funny, and was able to confirm that I did in fact, not like this show.

I will credit that attempt with leading me to give Trailer Park Boys a shot, which I then learned is an amazing show.

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:37 am

hmm that's a bad sign. i've looked forward to getting around to letterkenny which i expect to enjoy. trailer park boys became one of my favorite shows ever until the last few seasons it got barfy and tainted my memory of the whole thing. i can't pinpoint why

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 am

hmm that's a bad sign. i've looked forward to getting around to letterkenny which i expect to enjoy. trailer park boys became one of my favorite shows ever until the last few seasons it got barfy and tainted my memory of the whole thing. i can't pinpoint why
Yeah, i eventually just stopped watching.

And you should still try letterkenny, it's definitely a dude show and it might hit home. the jokes and gags didn't land for me

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:52 am

I also tried and failed with Letterkenny. I realized a few episodes in that I didn't so much as chuckle. Not a great sign for a comedy.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:14 pm

Just finished an episode of Picard, and the only thing I can remember are Jurati's twins.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:56 pm

That red dress is something else :lol:

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:37 pm

Damn, nice work tif. My wife plays the theme on the piano and I can't even get through that without choking up
From the moment she said she wanted to watch the series, the first things that popped in my mind were "Why We Fight", and the final 5 minutes of the last episode with the interviews where you learn who was who (who survived the war to old age).

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:46 pm

Damn, nice work tif. My wife plays the theme on the piano and I can't even get through that without choking up
From the moment she said she wanted to watch the series, the first things that popped in my mind were "Why We Fight", and the final 5 minutes of the last episode with the interviews where you learn who was who (who survived the war to old age).
Well now you have to watch the We Stand Alone Together doc.

tifosi77

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:55 pm

Mrs Tif says she's up for it, but has asked for a bit of a pause.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Finally got around to Letterkenny. Good stuff. That’s what I like about Katy, good stuff.
I don't think I ever tried harder to like watching a show, to then stop it after about the 4th episode, recognize that i did not think one single joke/bit was funny, and was able to confirm that I did in fact, not like this show.

I will credit that attempt with leading me to give Trailer Park Boys a shot, which I then learned is an amazing show.
I get this. Seeing it made me instantly think of Trailer Park Boys.

Currently on season 4. I can do without the Stewart character as a whole. Even with the off-center humor of the show he and his arcs miss big time.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:12 am

I enjoyed Letterkenny for a while but definitely got tired of it.

1st season is pretty weak too, but it was good for a while after that.

Kane

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Kane » Mon May 02, 2022 8:45 pm

I started watching the What We Do In The Shadows tv show the other day. Holy ****, the lineup in episode 7.

Taika, Jemaine Clement, Tilda Swinton, Dave Bautista, Danny Trejo, Wesley Snipes.

Amazing.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 03, 2022 6:33 am

I started watching the What We Do In The Shadows tv show the other day. Holy ****, the lineup in episode 7.

Taika, Jemaine Clement, Tilda Swinton, Dave Bautista, Danny Trejo, Wesley Snipes.

Amazing.
That episode was great. This is one of my favorite shows on TV, and if you enjoy it, check out Wellington Paranormal.

Also... Fuh king guy

scb147

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby scb147 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:49 am

The Flight Attendant isn’t a particularly good show, but there’s something about Kaley Cuoco in cocktail dresses and flight attendant uniforms that makes it enjoyable as background noise viewing.
I was just catching up on this show, and I thought the premise of this show seemed familiar. It kinda has the same tones as the old PanAm show that was on a few years ago. Granted, the spy/flight attendant plot was only one one PanAm, but that show didn't last past the first season.

I'm surprised The Flight Attendant has had more than one.

Dickie Dunn

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue May 03, 2022 11:10 am

The Flight Attendant isn’t a particularly good show, but there’s something about Kaley Cuoco in cocktail dresses and flight attendant uniforms that makes it enjoyable as background noise viewing.
I was just catching up on this show, and I thought the premise of this show seemed familiar. It kinda has the same tones as the old PanAm show that was on a few years ago. Granted, the spy/flight attendant plot was only one one PanAm, but that show didn't last past the first season.

I'm surprised The Flight Attendant has had more than one.
The Flight Attendant was based on a book that was completely covered in S1. It was enough of a ratings hit for HBO Max that they decided to roll with a S2 despite not having source material, which of course has worked out extremely well for them in the past.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 03, 2022 11:13 am

Our Flag Means Death took a while to hook me, and I think the more Taika was in it, the more hooked I became.

It's interesting how many of the cast are based on actual historical figures, even if it isn't a historical show.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue May 03, 2022 11:20 am

New ‘Jackass’ Series in the Works at Paramount+
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/jackas ... 235256934/

I'm guessing it'll be the new cast with the OGs acting as hosts. Not worth subbing to Paramount+ for it but I'll enjoy seeing clips online.

mamaemeritus

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby mamaemeritus » Tue May 03, 2022 11:34 am

Ozark finale:
Damn, I wanted Ruth to make it. The love/hate turn she and Wendy took for me was the opposite of how everything started.
It was interesting to see the shift in Marty/Wendy at the end there as well. Just glad Marty made it, or I may have rioted.

Secretly glad I'll never have to hear "We are this close to getting out!" again - it was almost comical by the end.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 03, 2022 11:37 am

Not worth subbing to Paramount+ for it but I'll enjoy seeing clips online.
We've been stringing along free or 1/2 price months for close to a year now. The codes, from what I can tell, don't expire and let you use them in consecutive months. Not sure how long this will last, but I think we've paid $15 for 10 months of Paramount+. I wouldn't pay for it otherwise though.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue May 03, 2022 11:38 am

Ozark finale:
Damn, I wanted Ruth to make it. The love/hate turn she and Wendy took for me was the opposite of how everything started.
It was interesting to see the shift in Marty/Wendy at the end there as well. Just glad Marty made it, or I may have rioted.

Secretly glad I'll never have to hear "We are this close to getting out!" again - it was almost comical by the end.
One of the few Netflix shows that had a satisfying conclusion at the proper time. I don't know if we'll see that happen ever again.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue May 03, 2022 11:43 am

Our Flag Means Death took a while to hook me, and I think the more Taika was in it, the more hooked I became.

It's interesting how many of the cast are based on actual historical figures, even if it isn't a historical show.
I can't argue with that. I've been thinking about rewatching already, it's really stayed with me since it ended. Looking forward to the next season. I couldn't figure out how the hell I recognized the chief in The Batman until it clicked that it's Izzy

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Tue May 03, 2022 1:11 pm

Watched about 5 episodes of Miracle Workers on HBO. That show is very funny. No idea how there are 3 seasons already, but I can't wait for more. Daniel Radcliffe is really great and I'd actually like to watch him in this as well

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Tue May 03, 2022 1:15 pm

Daniel Radcliffe as Weird Al walking across the stage ripped af is hilarious. Reminded me of this:

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 03, 2022 1:16 pm

Source of the post Watched about 5 episodes of Miracle Workers on HBO.
This is another terrific one, eddy. Every season is a different time period, and Radcliffe and Buscemi **** kill it. Can't wait for the next season, which is probably going to drop later this year.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 03, 2022 1:17 pm

That Weird Al thing looks amazing. And eddy, if you're a fan of his, I hope you've seen damn near most of the movies he's done in the last 5-7 years. They're just a lot of fun.