Colossal TV Show thread

Beveridge

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Beveridge » Fri May 26, 2023 11:34 am

I for one always listen to the Psych intro.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 26, 2023 12:17 pm

I for one always listen to the Psych intro.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Fri May 26, 2023 6:56 pm

I wait until it goes down to the 4 chord after "all that you get."

We always watch credits to the first and last episode of shows. Skip the rest.

Except when the credit song is a banger. So right now, Warrior and Clone High don't get skipped.

Let's see...Cowboy Bebop obviously never got skipped either. Don't skip the Midnight Diner one either, feels essential to the show.
Clone High… RIP. The JFK caricature was great.

On a side note caricature is stupid. Should be spelled like character.
This where I point you to the my post a few posts above that the first two episodes of the Clone High reboot are out and they are solid. Looking forward to the rest.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Sat May 27, 2023 2:45 pm

Damn. The Mothers Day episode of Bob's Burgers, "Amelia", was really well done. Good for them.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Sat May 27, 2023 9:00 pm

The Maisel finale was **** fantastic. They crushed it. Damn near perfect series finale.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sat May 27, 2023 9:58 pm

The Maisel finale was **** fantastic. They crushed it. Damn near perfect series finale.
They sure did. Perfect.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Sat May 27, 2023 10:09 pm

Disagree

Troy Loney

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Troy Loney » Mon May 29, 2023 7:03 am

Succession
Eh

The crucial scene was just uncomfortable and the outcome kind of sucked. Tom is a gigantic pos

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Mon May 29, 2023 10:41 am

Succession
Eh

The crucial scene was just uncomfortable and the outcome kind of sucked. Tom is a gigantic pos
i thought it was a good episode, and appropriate way to end it. Basically reiterated why each never should have gotten it, and the one who was really most loyal to Logan is the one who got it. And shiv kinda ends up like her mom.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:11 am

Succession
Eh

i thought it was a good episode, and appropriate way to end it. Basically reiterated why each never should have gotten it, and the one who was really most loyal to Logan is the one who got it. And shiv kinda ends up like her mom.
Yeah, I agree with this. Tom sucked enough ass to get it, and there was no Roy legacy/skeletons in the closet for GoJo with him. Plus Tom is easily manipulated. Solid ending imo.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:12 am

Barry
Solid finale. Didn't see that twist coming and Barry's public redemption either.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 29, 2023 1:43 pm

Barry
Solid finale. Didn't see that twist coming and Barry's public redemption either.
Solid meh. Sure it subverted expectations but I was left fairly dissatisfied with basically every main character’s conclusion.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 29, 2023 3:29 pm

Succession
Eh

It was a **** copout.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Mon May 29, 2023 3:44 pm

What would you have liked to see?

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Mon May 29, 2023 3:54 pm

Well, for one I would’ve liked to have seen the scene where Shiv changed her mind. It goes from her being pissed at Tom and in with her brothers to suddenly changing her mind. We’re missing a scene here and a swerve for swerve sakes is lazy writing.
But overall, I would’ve liked to have seen one of the kids come out on top, likely at the expense of their relationship with their family. Not because I particularly rooted for any of them, but because I watched a show centered on a family business called succession for 40ish hours only for none of the family to be named the successor. I haven’t been shy about my feelings on this show. It’s been treading water and one note for a while now. I’ve found many of the episodes boring. And with how it ended, it feels like the rest of the series was a waste of time. None of it mattered in the end. They sold it to dude who joined the series with only 12 episodes remaining and we never really got to know all that well. Neat.

Like my opinion on the show as a whole, I’m fully expecting my thoughts on the finale to be unpopular as well. People love this show and it’s just not for me.

MWB

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby MWB » Mon May 29, 2023 4:26 pm

I get what you’re saying about Matteson, but think they needed some bridge from logs to the kids that also brought chaos, otherwise it’s just less interesting. And I thought that storyline brought a lot of good stuff to the show.
My feeling on Shiv switching was that it was in the moment. Tom once again **** her over, so her immediate reaction was to go with the bros. But then she’s essentially in the same spot she was with her dad. With Tom in charge, I think she knows she can pull his strings.

I think the lazier writing would’ve been giving the company to one of the kids. None of them deserved it, and the show was about how flawed they were and about how their father (and mother) destroyed them. It’s because of him that he didn’t have a successor.

Different strokes though, which is why tv is fun.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LITT » Tue May 30, 2023 3:24 am

It was interesting to watch the 5 min or so after the credits with the creator/writing team was interesting. They said this show is a tragedy and every time a little bit of hope is shown it gets ripped out. Mrs litt and I watched the episode over two night and in between the viewings she asked what I thought was going happen and I said the kids would screw it up somehow and it would go to Mattson.

I think the ending was the logical culmination to end the series where they did. It wasn’t the feel good outcome but the most logical for the trajectory of the show

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:32 pm

WTF, Apple pushing the release of the last Ted Lasso episode to 9 pm PST tonight.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 30, 2023 4:34 pm

We're already at the finale??? I was hoping for a couple more episodes. I didn't realize we hit the end already.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:35 pm

WTF, Apple pushing the release of the last Ted Lasso episode to 9 pm PST tonight.
This is good for me, as it decreases the chance of idiots spoiling it online.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:38 pm

LAME!

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue May 30, 2023 5:12 pm

Ted Lasso potential Twitter spoiler
The "Ted Lasso" twitter account tweeted that it was he and Beard's last game tonight. I mean we kind of knew that, but that was very direct. Also Nike had a cool commercial about AFC Richmond

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Tue May 30, 2023 5:14 pm

Barry
Solid meh. Sure it subverted expectations but I was left fairly dissatisfied with basically every main character’s conclusion.
I thought it was a good finale and fitting for the show. I didn't really consistently enjoy the journey this season, but the destination definitely delivered.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Wed May 31, 2023 1:49 am

Lasso finale was pretty good overall 👍
I didn't love that the final scenes were with his kid, even tho it makes sense plotwise. That kid is just the biggest goober. But I digress. Of all the numerous callbacks, I think the subtle Nate "S'wonderful" was my fave. Was a bit surprised they didn't win the whole f***ing thing like they set up, but idk, if it just makes more non-footie fans hate man city, then I support it.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:14 am

Who was talking about a Josh Hartnett renaissance?