Colossal TV Show thread

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:23 pm

That explains the "lack" of actual football storylines.

Joegap

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Joegap » Wed May 24, 2023 7:30 pm

Arrested Development if it was produced like Succession

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsbmNxzA ... BiNWFlZA==

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Wed May 24, 2023 7:32 pm

Great Ted Lasso episode tonight.
Maybe the best one of the season so far. The scene with Jaime crying on Roy's shoulder in his office had me dying. Both the Roy and Jaime character story lines killed it. A good amount of time spent on an actual game, even though the production shots of those games always seem over CGI'd. And yes, sign me up for the Nate comeback story.
I wonder when that Beard backstory was created. Thought that was very interesting

Jamie being such a weird momma's boy was funny. But there's something a bit weird to me about their like lover/friendship triangle.

Quite a way to end that episode with the "half-nine" when we knew that Beard told Nate 10:00 am. Think we were eager to see Nate and Ted reunite there.
Loved it. Also loved Beard's back story, it explains so much :lol:
The Jamie crying on Roy's shoulder bit had Jesse Spano "I'm so excited" energy, which was hilarious and kind of awkward from a watcher's standpoint. There are times the show is comedy, and there are times its character drama, and that was the first time I really felt like I didn't know which a scene was supposed to be. Also the fact that Nate stayed crunched under the desk for like 5 hours is amazing (and that he pushed the little trash can out too). Curious to see what becomes of the Bex-Assistant-Rupert triangle. While it's a footnote in the show, that they spent the energy on that door scene would make me feel like there's something more to happen (or was it just to tease us that Sam was coming by).
I just wanted to join in on the love of that episode. Really great stuff. I’m going to miss this show.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed May 24, 2023 7:59 pm

Yeah, it (Ted) was really great.

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Thu May 25, 2023 1:56 am

First couple episodes of Clone High reboot are up 👍

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu May 25, 2023 9:20 am

Great Ted Lasso episode tonight.
Maybe the best one of the season so far. The scene with Jaime crying on Roy's shoulder in his office had me dying. Both the Roy and Jaime character story lines killed it. A good amount of time spent on an actual game, even though the production shots of those games always seem over CGI'd. And yes, sign me up for the Nate comeback story.
I wonder when that Beard backstory was created. Thought that was very interesting

Jamie being such a weird momma's boy was funny. But there's something a bit weird to me about their like lover/friendship triangle.

Quite a way to end that episode with the "half-nine" when we knew that Beard told Nate 10:00 am. Think we were eager to see Nate and Ted reunite there.
Loved it. Also loved Beard's back story, it explains so much :lol:
The Jamie crying on Roy's shoulder bit had Jesse Spano "I'm so excited" energy, which was hilarious and kind of awkward from a watcher's standpoint. There are times the show is comedy, and there are times its character drama, and that was the first time I really felt like I didn't know which a scene was supposed to be. Also the fact that Nate stayed crunched under the desk for like 5 hours is amazing (and that he pushed the little trash can out too). Curious to see what becomes of the Bex-Assistant-Rupert triangle. While it's a footnote in the show, that they spent the energy on that door scene would make me feel like there's something more to happen (or was it just to tease us that Sam was coming by).
I just wanted to join in on the love of that episode. Really great stuff. I’m going to miss this show.
What a great episode, these last 4 or 5 episodes have me laughing out loud one moment and sobbing the next, it definitely has the feels of a Bill Lawrence show. Love how weirdly sitcomy it's gotten

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 25, 2023 9:25 am

I honestly thought the opening scene was a dream sequence at first.

eddy

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby eddy » Thu May 25, 2023 9:34 am

Haha, I said the same thing

LeopardLetang

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby LeopardLetang » Thu May 25, 2023 12:08 pm

Arrested Development if it was produced like Succession

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsbmNxzA ... BiNWFlZA==
Awesome

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:46 pm

Barry is good, especially this last season, but why do the 30 minute episodes feel like 2 hours?

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 25, 2023 12:49 pm

I’m having the opposite reaction. They all feel far too short. Early on when the show was a fun little dark comedy about a hitman wanting to be an actor 30 minutes made sense. As the show has grown in scale significantly, they could’ve really used a longer runtime, especially to wrap up the series this season.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 25, 2023 5:21 pm

Another thing with Ted Lasso - even though I'm not a Mumford and Sons enjoyer, I never skip the credits. Ever. Just something about that song.

CBear3

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby CBear3 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:00 pm

Agreed. Doesn’t matter how late we start watching we don’t skip.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:12 pm

I have never, not once, watched the credits.

nocera

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby nocera » Thu May 25, 2023 8:54 pm

I’ve seen Mumford live multiple times. I skip the intro every single episode. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

skullman80

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:57 pm

Yeah we've never watched the intro either...always skip it.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Thu May 25, 2023 9:19 pm

I only watch the intros for the first and last episodes of a series.

blackjack68

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu May 25, 2023 9:35 pm

As soon as I hear “YYYEEAAHHHHH…” I hit skip

meecrofilm

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby meecrofilm » Fri May 26, 2023 12:26 am

I wait until it goes down to the 4 chord after "all that you get."

We always watch credits to the first and last episode of shows. Skip the rest.

Except when the credit song is a banger. So right now, Warrior and Clone High don't get skipped.

Let's see...Cowboy Bebop obviously never got skipped either. Don't skip the Midnight Diner one either, feels essential to the show.

dodint

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby dodint » Fri May 26, 2023 12:29 am

Stranger Things was like that.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 26, 2023 6:29 am

As soon as I hear “YYYEEAAHHHHH…” I hit skip
This is the way.

DigitalGypsy66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri May 26, 2023 8:26 am

99% of shows I skip the intro, just Ted, I do not.

My wife makes me listen to the SmartLess podcast now and again when we are driving around without kids in the car. Usually, it's pretty good stuff. So the three hosts (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, Will Arnett) went on tour last February and had it filmed for an HBO Max limited series. Pretty funny stuff, but if you aren't familiar with the podcast, I'm not sure how interesting it would be.

Pavel Bure

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Fri May 26, 2023 8:29 am

I wait until it goes down to the 4 chord after "all that you get."

We always watch credits to the first and last episode of shows. Skip the rest.

Except when the credit song is a banger. So right now, Warrior and Clone High don't get skipped.

Let's see...Cowboy Bebop obviously never got skipped either. Don't skip the Midnight Diner one either, feels essential to the show.
Clone High… RIP. The JFK caricature was great.

On a side note caricature is stupid. Should be spelled like character.

robbiestoupe

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri May 26, 2023 8:53 am

99% of shows I skip the intro, just Ted, I do not.

My wife makes me listen to the SmartLess podcast now and again when we are driving around without kids in the car. Usually, it's pretty good stuff. So the three hosts (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, Will Arnett) went on tour last February and had it filmed for an HBO Max limited series. Pretty funny stuff, but if you aren't familiar with the podcast, I'm not sure how interesting it would be.
Smart

Less?

Pretty good podcast with great guests. I have to go back and listen to some of the classics when I get the chance.

Regarding intros to shows, I've realized that there must be companies out there that are hired specifically for this. For instance, when I watch the Silo intro I get Yellowstone vibes. It's happened with other shows too where you get a vibe from another show's intro music. Quite a few GoT similarities, but perhaps that's just copying what is already out there and not so much a singular company doing another show.

NTP66

Colossal TV Show thread

Postby NTP66 » Fri May 26, 2023 8:56 am

Dark is one show where I always watched the into because the music fit the show so perfectly.